Doug Kanter

Default Eyewitness: "I Never Heard the Word 'Bomb'"

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On 8 Dec 2005 18:31:54 -0800, wrote:

You couldn't begin to compare this situation with say, Kent State, for
example.

I'm betting that by tomorrow, it will be a racial incident and that
the Reverend Jackson will be right in the middle of it.

Interesting though that it's the second Brazilian shot dead in the
past six months or so for refusing to respond to police commands.

Anyway, there were more witness reports of the guy talking about bomb
that the two who said they never heard it, so it probably was a good
shoot. Those guys have a tough job - I hope the Marshall can handle
it without falling apart.

The fellow who was shot was a US citizen, and I believe he was a native of
Costa Rica.

Apparently, he's been here since 1986. More than enough time to understand
shouted requests to show his hands, put down the bag, etc.