Jim Carter

Default Eyewitness: "I Never Heard the Word 'Bomb'"

"Lord Reginald Smithers" Ask me about my driveway leading up to my manor.
wrote in message ...
JimC,
Even if the bible is not an accurate record of historical events, don't

you
agree that the principles taught in the new testament are those that are
good for society and individuals?

Yes, Lord Smithers, I would agree that "some" of the principles taught in
the new testament are in agreement with mine. I also will say that some of
the principles taught in the Koran are also very good principles to live by.
The really best principles to live by, imho, are those written by the
scholars of Buddha. Perhaps the best know today is Lhamo Dhondrub or most
commonly called Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dali Lama.

Jim C.

John H.

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 09:20:26 -0500, "Jim Carter" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
To which bible historians are you referring? Like I said, the actual date

isn't mentioned in the
bible, which you seem to think I should have memorized. What good would it

do me to have done so?
John H

The bible historians are the ones at the Holy See.

It would do you some good to know your bible as you are the Christian.

Jim C.

I've been a Christian all my life. I seldom read the bible. Why do you think it's necessary?

--
John H

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.
Jim Carter

"John H." wrote in message
I've been a Christian all my life. I seldom read the bible. Why do you

think it's necessary?

I never said that I thought it was necessary for you to read your bible,
but, I said I thought you should read it so you could understand what you
are talking about. Have you ever read your bible?
JimC.

John H.

wrote in message ...
JimC,
Even if the bible is not an accurate record of historical events, don't

you
agree that the principles taught in the new testament are those that are
good for society and individuals?

Yes, Lord Smithers, I would agree that "some" of the principles taught in
the new testament are in agreement with mine. I also will say that some of
the principles taught in the Koran are also very good principles to live by.
The really best principles to live by, imho, are those written by the
scholars of Buddha. Perhaps the best know today is Lhamo Dhondrub or most
commonly called Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dali Lama.

Jim C.

Now let's see how many folks here disparage the teachings of Buddha, or the Dali Lama. I'll bet
none.

What, pray tell, does your disparaging of the bible do for you? I can understand Harry doing so,
because he's simply hoping to **** someone off (it's part of NPD). But, why you?

You've stated you're not a Christian. Do you have *any* religious beliefs, or are you atheist?

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 10:04:50 -0500, "Jim Carter" wrote:

"Lord Reginald Smithers" Ask me about my driveway leading up to my manor.
wrote in message ...
JimC,
I think you missed the point, maybe intentionally, maybe not. I don't

think
any Christians believe Dec. 25th is the actual day Christ was born. They
believe they are using that day to celebrate his birth, not that it is his
actual birthday.

No, Lord Smithers, I didn't miss the point at all. There are many
Christians believe the bible, word for word and they still think the Jesus
Christ was born on Christmas Day. These Christians then want to make the
whole rest of the world believe it also. I just don't believe it. You
can believe what you want to believe in, birthday or not, just don't try to
force it on others, in your country, that do not share your belief.
Remember, your country is the one that is supposed to be free.
Jim C.

Could you point out one or two of those? I don't see that happening, but I'd like to be enlightened.

"John H." wrote in message
Now let's see how many folks here disparage the teachings of Buddha, or

the Dali Lama. I'll bet
none.
What, pray tell, does your disparaging of the bible do for you? I can

understand Harry doing so,
because he's simply hoping to **** someone off (it's part of NPD). But,

why you?
You've stated you're not a Christian. Do you have *any* religious beliefs,

or are you atheist?
John H

I was just trying to point out to some people here that the bible contains,
to my way of thinking, a lot of things that are totally unbelievable and yet
most Christians take it as truth, word for word.
Yes, I am an atheist. If there really was a god, there would be no
mosquitoes.

Jim C.

Jim Carter

"John H." wrote in message
news
Could you point out one or two of those? I don't see that happening, but
I'd like to be enlightened.
John H

One or two of those "what"??????

JimC.

John H.

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:17:24 -0500, "Jim Carter" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
I've been a Christian all my life. I seldom read the bible. Why do you

think it's necessary?

I never said that I thought it was necessary for you to read your bible,
but, I said I thought you should read it so you could understand what you
are talking about. Have you ever read your bible?
JimC.

No, I have never read the entire bible.

Why do you think it's necessary for me to read my bible? Have I said something that I don't
understand?