John H.

Default Eyewitness: "I Never Heard the Word 'Bomb'"

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:22:50 -0500, " JimH" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:50:28 -0500, thunder
wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:00:15 -0500, John H. wrote:

Your words, not mine. I've never used that phrase to refer to the
Catholic church.

\
George W. Bush: American Nero.

Bull****! You said, "...your stinking religion..." I am Catholic, and
have
probably said so in the group, or at least implied same. In any case,
you've undoubtedly got the information in your 'rec.boats data base'.

A little spinning there, aren't you John? When Harry used that phrase the
meaning was clear. It was a statement on the separation of church and
state, not a slight on any religion.

The context:

As I have oft posted: this is America; keep your stinking religion out
of my state. What you do in your home or in your church or in your
church-related schools is the business of you and your co-religionists,
but please don't try to shovel those activities or beliefs onto the rest
of us through governmental action.

PS. If his comment was meant to say something different, he could have
easily apologized. He's had
many opportunities.

--
John H

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of
OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.

Don't you dare ask for an apology here or Harry will accuse you of whining.

Because of #5, I'd never ask Harry for an apology.

(5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of
especially favorable treatment or
automatic compliance with his or her expectations.