Default Bayliner 185

Sounds a little high. Working at a marine dealership we sell the 175 base
price at $9995 and I think the 185 goes for about $12995. The bimini top
w/frame and the safety kit together would be an additional $550-$600. Prep is
another $450. I don't know what part of the country you are in but here's a
link to our site. http://www.marineoutlet.com/

Good luck on your purchase whatever you decide.

Dennis

Dennis, does that price include the trailer too?

Any outlets near Sanantonio?

JWC
Joseph A. Rich

Forgot to mention that a brand new bimini top (never had been on the boat) was
included in my package. Nice to know that I got an extra bonus of around $550
with my boat, trailer, lift and cover.

Joe

In article ,
wrote:
Sounds a little high. Working at a marine dealership we sell the 175 base
price at $9995 and I think the 185 goes for about $12995. The bimini top
w/frame and the safety kit together would be an additional $550-$600. Prep is
another $450. I don't know what part of the country you are in but here's a
link to our site.
http://www.marineoutlet.com/

Good luck on your purchase whatever you decide.

Dennis

Dennis, does that price include the trailer too?

Any outlets near Sanantonio?

JWC

brad

"Jim Rojas" wrote in message . ..
Bayliner makes the worst boats in the world. They are the "YUGO" of boat
builders. They use the cheapest materials, have very thin hulls...real
garbage.

This is just ridiculous nonsense. When you see a post like this, take
it with a large grain of salt; people who make these sweeping comments
"the worst boats in the world" usually have an agenda, an inferiority
complex, or both.

I own a 96 Bayliner Capri which I bought 2 years old. It's been in
salt water every season since. I maintain it fastidiously. It has
been wonderful. My family and I have enjoyed it every summer for the
past six years.

It is an entry-level boat. Fittings and furnishings are by no means
deluxe, but nothing is falling apart or wearing any differently than
it would on any other boat. The upholstery, windscreen, hardware, etc
are all fine. The "pieces" that are attached to the hull, including
the power plant, the outdrive, the steering system, the bilge pump,
are all made by reputable manufacturers, and they all work as well as
they do on other boats to which they are fitted. I have been told
that the hull uses a cheaper construction methods than some other
boats, but you know what? I don't care! My boat has held up fine.
It has a limited lifetime warranty on the hull, and I've seen no signs
of cracks, no blistering, no rot, no problems. I'm not saying it's
because they are great boats, they are entry-level, cheap boats, but
if well maintained they will perform at least adequately.

I paid $8,000.00 for it six years ago. I consider it the best
$8,000.00 I ever spent. I have gotten so much joy and pleasure from
it. Luckily, when I bought it, I was blissfully unaware of all the
bull**** and the raging arguments about Bayliners. From what I've
learned, Bayliners did have quality problems particularly in the 80's.
All I can tell you is that I haven't seen evidence of it. My boat
seems reasonably well-made (again, without many of the nice extras
that more expensive boats may have, as you would expect). I suspect I
could easily get $4-5,000 for it now, though I have no reason to sell
it and I really have no idea what it's worth.

I really think that there are some people who just repeat this stuff
without any particular first-hand knowledge, or to make themselves
feel better about their more expensive boats. I have nothing against
more expensive boats and I guess I'd like to own one some day. But
there is nothing wrong with a Bayliner.
Jim Rojas

If you bothered to read the rest of the thread, you would have seen that I
did agree that Bayliners finally did get better from 1996 and on...but after
25 years of making "disposable" boats, one must wonder what took them so
long to get it right. I currently own a 1987 Capri, which I totally restored
using the right materials...8 years later and the boat is still fine. I also
own a 1976 Freeform trihull that has all the original lumber. After 20+
years of service, it finally can use new floorboards...I don't think you
will ever get 20+ years out of any Bayliner floorboards.

Jim Rojas

"brad" wrote in message
om...
"Jim Rojas" wrote in message

. ..
[...]

Esourcedesigns

We are 2 hours North of San Antonio in Temple and yes this includes a painted
large wheel steel trailer manufactured by Karavan or Escort. Our number is
254-773-9931. From San Antonio exit 299 north I-35N, turn south over the
interstate and down the access road for 3/4 mile. You can't miss us.

Dennis

Sounds a little high. Working at a marine dealership we sell the 175 base
price at $9995 and I think the 185 goes for about $12995. The bimini top
w/frame and the safety kit together would be an additional $550-$600. Prep

is
another $450. I don't know what part of the country you are in but here's a
link to our site. http://www.marineoutlet.com/

Good luck on your purchase whatever you decide.

Dennis

Dennis, does that price include the trailer too?

Any outlets near Sanantonio?

JWC

First boat choices - Glastron or Bayliner or ? ccg General 1 June 7th 04 04:17 AM
BAYLINER BASHERS.. Maxx1676 General 75 June 5th 04 12:37 AM
1988 Bayliner Capri Side Window(front section) passenger side dshores General 5 June 4th 04 06:30 AM
Bayliner 2858 Command bridge (1987) Manitoumagic General 4 September 2nd 03 12:23 AM
Bayliner Bashing JML General 8 August 5th 03 01:04 PM