Gould 0738

Default Bayliner 185

Don't take my word for it...ask around. I have replaced floorboards,
stringers, transoms, and even complete interiors on many Bayliners.

The floorboards are 3/8 thick
plywood, which will crack over time just by walking on it. The instrument
cluster is a cheap looking as you can get. As long as you keep your Bayliner
in freshwater only and properly covered against the elements, it should last

We're talking about a guy considering a brand new boat here, not somebody out
to ressurrect a wasted boat bought for $1000 someplace.

Visit any busy boatyard, and you will see people replacing transoms, stringers,
and complete interiors on a wide variety of boats built by different
manufacturers. More Bayliners than other boats in the boatyard? May have
something to do with the fact there are more Bayliners sold. On any given day,
there are more Toyotas being repaired than there are Isuzus...does that make
Toyota an inferior car? If requiring eventual repair is a reason not to buy a
boat, nobobdy should ever buy any brand of boat built by anybody.

You examples are extreme, prejudicial, and in a few cases not acurate. Will a
"cheap looking" instrument cluster sink the boat? The vast majority of
Bayliners do not have plywood floors, and have not had plywood floors for many,
many years. The Capri series (two cheapest boats) still had plywood floors last
time I checked, everything else was FRP. It's just wrong to
generally characterize the entire product line as having "plywood floors" based
on the construction of the cheapest, price point product.

Name a boat that can be exposed to the elements continuously without some
damage. You make that sound as if it's a Bayliner deficiency. Yup, abuse
anything and it will suffer.

And finally, sal****er does not cause a boat to dissolve, regardless of what
folks putting around the reservoir in South Dakota might conclude.