ccg

Default First boat choices - Glastron or Bayliner or ?

A friend of mine are looking to purchase a boat - it will be the first
boat for either of us - and would like some advice from those who have
already learned the lessons...

We will be using it mainly for wakeboarding and skiing. I've did
bunch of skiing in high school (15 years ago) but not since. I'd
really like to get back into slalom skiing. My friend hasn't done
much skiing and is mainly looking for a boat to wakeboard and to play
around. I'll probably usually have 3-5 people on the boat and we'll
ski. So that's the general criteria...

Today we looked at a number of boats and the two that we liked the
best (not knowing what we were looking at really) were a 2000 Bayliner
Capri 1800 with a 125 hp Mercury outboard with just under 25 hours
($9600) and a 1997 Glastron SE 195 with a Volvo Penta 5.0L, V8, 220hp
with about 180 hours ($11,900).

The Bayliner was in better cosmetic condition but both seemed
mechanically sound. Is the Bayliner going to be something we are
going to be happy with? Is the 125hp Mercury going to be able to pull
a skier with 600 pounds of people in the boat? Does the price of the
Glastron seem appropriate?

Any input, advice, and recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Corbin

offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
New one on me - Laminate Flooring Black-n-Gold General 117 October 16th 03 06:50 PM
Repost from Merc group Clams Canino General 0 August 29th 03 12:43 PM