Maxx1676

Default BAYLINER BASHERS..

I've noticed some other people badmouthing Bayliners on other sites,
but keep in mind those are usually biased opinions based on peer
pressure and opinion, not fact.

Most of the people who have badmouthed the Bays, when I inquire why
they feel this way all they can reply is " I just do cause they suck"
or something similar, which is really not a reason at all. Fact is, it
all boils down to personal preference. The majority of people will
tell you what you will like based on their preferences, not yours.

Bayliners don't seem to come with 7000 RPM twin V8 engines & jet
drives, nor do they seem to attract hordes of drunken siliconed
facelifted and botoxed bimbos in thong bikinis like the Cigarettes,
Fountains, and Formulas...they do not thunder ominously through no
wake zones or make all other boat owners drool with envy...nor do they
provide a massive market for anodized chromed polished gold plated
titanium blingity-bling that will cause you to sell off a kidney to
pay off your Visa card.

In short, the Bayliner is not the model status symbol that these other
boats represent. From what i've learned, the Bayliner is more of a
workhorse, not incredibly ultra-sleek expensive, sexy, or
stately...but very tough and reliable. They are also, from what I've
seen in comparison to other boat types, pretty cheap to work on.

While a Bayliner will not increase your penis length like these other
boats try to do, it will (when properly maintained) take you anywhere
you want to go and will do so with a fair amount of reliability.
Bayliner owners - in general - also seem to be alot more social, alot
nicer, and a helluva lot more grounded. Bayliner owners seem to
generally have more interesting things to talk about rather than the
last 100 poker runs, how much was spent on those neon purple polished
aluminum valve covers to match that neon purple multi port EFI system
to match that neon purple trailer, or how much premarital sex they've
gotten because of their boat.

bomar

Hey!
Don't forget us asshole Baja owners too!

Barfliner...what a freaking joke.

"Maxx1676" wrote in message
om...
I've noticed some other people badmouthing Bayliners on other sites,
but keep in mind those are usually biased opinions based on peer
pressure and opinion, not fact.

Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
nor do they seem to attract hordes of drunken siliconed
facelifted and botoxed bimbos in thong bikinis

So then what's the point?
Joe

"jim--" wrote in message
The sofa is comfortable, the popcorn is popping and the pop is

cold...anyone
want to join me watching this unfold?

LOL!

If Skippy is still lurking this is bound to bring him out.

Butch Ammon

Oh.... well, this is obviously a troll, but since it does pertain to
boats and doesn't mention republicans, democrats, bush, clarke,
liberals, or conservatives, I'll bite.

Same here, Gene....

Here's my opinion (for whatever it's worth): My daughters' friends' parents
recently bought a used Bayliner Ciera (I think it is). I stopped by to check
it out up close and personal. Nice boat... Looks in good shape... Nice 90hp
Merc on the transom. The boat is on a galvanized trailer w/rollers, sitting at
the end of the driveway, and I decided to climb aboard with the father of my
daughter's friend. The boat is nice and has all the necessities for freshwater
lake boating. But, I don't know... There is just something WEIRD about it. It
just looks cheezy for some reason. It looks like white PVC plastic instead of
rugged, heavy duty fiberglass. I don't know how it handles on water, or how
well it runs, but again, it's nice for a small lake boat. It would probably
outrun my old 1975 17' trihull with the 165hp Merc I/O. But how many Bayliners
are still running great since 1975?!? Sorry.... But that is just my opinion.

Butch Ammon
Joe

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

Oh.... well, this is obviously a troll, but since it does pertain to
boats and doesn't mention republicans, democrats, bush, clarke,
liberals, or conservatives, I'll bite.

For what I suspect is the longest running thread on rec.boats and
definitive... or at least exhaustive analysis of Bayliner, see:

http://tinyurl.com/yuacc

Sorry, but not even close. Check out the "usage of motor oil" thread.

http://tinyurl.com/3fu98

NOYB

"Maxx1676" wrote in \

Lemme guess...
You have a small penis, are bald, and own a Bayliner.

NOYB

I bet the motor oil thread contained more expletives.

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 00:49:34 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
.. .

Oh.... well, this is obviously a troll, but since it does pertain to
boats and doesn't mention republicans, democrats, bush, clarke,
liberals, or conservatives, I'll bite.

For what I suspect is the longest running thread on rec.boats and
definitive... or at least exhaustive analysis of Bayliner, see:

http://tinyurl.com/yuacc

Sorry, but not even close. Check out the "usage of motor oil" thread.

http://tinyurl.com/3fu98

I remember that motor oil one quickly turning away from inquiry and
directly into a name-calling contest... facts be damned....

I've still got you..... 585 posts to your 337 posts.

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp Where

Southport,NC is located.
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/autoupdater.htm Real Time Pictures

at My Marina
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats Rec.boats

at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

Don Dando

Hold on....

Wasn't it Bayliner that offered the first "Packaged" boat, motor and trailer
for under $10,000 ?

Prior to this the dealers clamped the customers choice of motors on any
boat, dumped the rig on a trailer and sent the customer on his way.
Unfortunately many dealers knew nothing about proper motor setup, i.e.,
transom height, prop pitch to match the boat load, etc. My dad bought such
a setup and it NEVER performed very well, but sure cost a lot! Bayliner
solved this for the un-educated public who just wanted to buy a boat and
enjoy it without becoming a setup guru. Then when they went to all products
for a given production year having the same interiors, they reduced the cost
by limiting the selections and the number of fabric styles they had to
stock, offer and deal with. All of this helped make boating a lot more
affordable for many people. They never have intended to supply the
performance market. They have tried and successfully put affordable boats
with a good ride in the hands of many people who might not otherwise be able
to afford a boat. How can you knock that ?

Don Dando

"Maxx1676" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Beginner's questions/'91 Bayliner 17' Chris Deruyte General 11 February 3rd 04 12:02 AM
New one on me - Laminate Flooring Black-n-Gold General 117 October 16th 03 06:50 PM
Bayliner 2858 Command bridge (1987) Manitoumagic General 4 September 2nd 03 12:23 AM
Bayliner Bashing JML General 8 August 5th 03 01:04 PM
'89 Bayliner 2.3 Engine puked Rpk General 1 July 22nd 03 11:06 PM