P. Fritz

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Don White" wrote in message
Harry Krause wrote:
NOYB wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

NOYB wrote:

"Gene Kearns" wrote in
message ...

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 01:01:09 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"Gene Kearns" wrote in
message

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 23:31:56 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Grady only started using XL ply in 1998. That's why you hear so
much
about
rotting transoms, floors, and bulkheads in older Grady's.

I haven't heard so much about "rotting transoms, floors, and
bulkheads
in older Grady's!"

When should I expect mine to fall apart?

I dunno about yours, Gene. My 1991 Grady Gulfstream had a

bulkhead
that was
completely rotted out.

I think we have discussed that before and I am still at a loss. My
bulkheads are made of a resin based material... not unlike
micarta....
heavy as lead, but not susceptible to rot.

My bulkhead was a laminate, almost like laminate counter tops.
Everything under the laminated surface was rotted out plywood.

Fortunately, it wasn't structural. It was simply the wall between

the
cockpit and the cabin.

That old boat wasn't spec'd out by John Hertvik, the guy who claims

he
can build better, faster, cheaper computers, without knowing what is
wanted?

No. I'm pretty sure they outsourced fabrication of the bulkheads to

the
union shop down the street.

In the Carolinas? Doubtful. More likely, former dental patients from
south Florida.

Or dentists from Indiana/New Jersey who have gone bad and had their
licenses lifted. Since you can get away with almost anything in Florida,
some also setup shop there.

Florida does not have dental license reciprocity with any other states.

The
pass rate for out-of-state dentists trying to get licensed in Florida runs
between 10 and 30%. So much for your theory, Don.

Florida is tougher on most Professional licenses because of the constant
influx of people. They have there own continuing education standards.
Florida's building codes are tougher than amost anywhere else in the country
as well.

donnie is lost in the brown fog rising from harry's ass........he has really
stepped in to make up for kevin's lack of inane posting.

Don White

P. Fritz wrote:
snip...

donnie is lost in the brown fog rising from harry's ass........he has really
stepped in to make up for kevin's lack of inane posting.

Versus you, who is matchless at posting crap! You are at the top of the
dung heap.
Starbucks

Harry,
Why don't you tell JimH what you want and need and see if he is able to come
up with a better system? It sounds like you are concerned that he will put
together a better system.

I am curious, why is a successful writer who earns hundreds of dollars an
hour with his writing skills, wasting his time building his own computer.
It would seem you would be much more productive, using your writing skills,
and paying someone $20/hr to assemble your computer.

NOYB wrote:
[...]

Starbucks

Harry,
Since you really don't have any computer credential yourself, it seems that
JimH has hit a very sensitive nerve. I am curious, why is a successful
writer who is paid hundreds of dollar and hour to write, wasting his time
building a computer, instead of paying someone with credentials to put it
together. You can have someone with credentials build it for less than you
earn in one hour.

Is it possible you have chased away all of your clients and can't afford it?

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 23:31:56 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Grady only started using XL ply in 1998. That's why you hear so much
about rotting transoms, floors, and bulkheads in older Grady's.

I haven't heard so much about "rotting transoms, floors, and bulkheads
in older Grady's!"

When should I expect mine to fall apart?

I haven't hear much about it, either. Maybe Hertvik can build you a
computer to test for the date of dissolution. On the cheap, of course.

Wow, I got dragged into another discussion for no known reason other than
your on going infatuation with me.

So how about it Krause. Care to bet that I can build a faster, better PC
for a cheaper price than you just did? Or are you all talk? Me thinks
so. ;-)

Oh, sorry. I have you blocked on my main newsreader account.

You're really a piece of work, Hertvik. Why would I retain a
credential-less nincompoop like you to do anything?

Assembling a PC from pieces and parts ain't rocket science. I've been
doing it successfully for 15 years.

*I* could build a faster PC than I did. Why would I need a credential-less
nincompoop like you to help me do that?

*I* could build a better PC than I did (whatever better means) by choosing
different components. But I chose the pieces I wanted for this desktop,
and they perform exactly as I thought they would. Why would I need a
credential-less nincompoop like you to help me do that?

*I* could build a cheaper PC than I did by choosing different pieces and
different suppliers. Why would I need a credential-less nincompoop like
you to help me save a few dollars?

I'm using a top-end ASUS motherboard? You have better? Doubtful. There are
competing, equivalent lines, but ASUS is top-drawer.

I'm using a PC Power & Cooling power supply. There are equivalent brands,
but they're not better.

I bought a LianLi aluminum case. It is the standard in aluminum cases.

I bought a nice, middle of the road, ATI video card. my choice of that
card was deliberate. It does a great job handling my business-related
graphics. I don't run any demanding games.

I have two top-drawer SATA hard drives, including one that runs at 10,000
RPM and is very fast. Tom's Hardware recommendations. They know more than
you do.

Got the top of the line Plextor DVD and CD writer, and a top of the line
Plextor CD-R. You can't do better.

Everything went together in a flash, passed POST the first time I fired it
up, and Win XP Pro found and installed all the correct drivers.

So, again, I ask you: why would I need the help of a credential-less
nincompoop like you?

Don White

Starbucks wrote:
Harry,
Since you really don't have any computer credential yourself, it seems that
JimH has hit a very sensitive nerve. I am curious, why is a successful
writer who is paid hundreds of dollar and hour to write, wasting his time
building a computer, instead of paying someone with credentials to put it
together. You can have someone with credentials build it for less than you
earn in one hour.

Is it possible you have chased away all of your clients and can't afford it?

Duh! If you ask, you'll find people in here who work on their own
boats...yet could make more money doing what they do best while hiring
someone else who'll work cheaper.
It's the satisfaction of starting and completing a task yourself.
note: girlie men do not understand this concept.

Starbucks

Don,
I don't disagree with you, but Harry is the person who emphasized the need
for computer credentials. Since Harry does not have "credentials", and he
makes hundreds of dollars an hour, shouldn't he allowed someone with
credentials put together his computer?

"Don White" wrote in message
Starbucks wrote:
Harry,
Since you really don't have any computer credential yourself, it seems
that JimH has hit a very sensitive nerve. I am curious, why is a
successful writer who is paid hundreds of dollar and hour to write,
wasting his time building a computer, instead of paying someone with
credentials to put it together. You can have someone with credentials
build it for less than you earn in one hour.

Is it possible you have chased away all of your clients and can't afford
it?

Duh! If you ask, you'll find people in here who work on their own
boats...yet could make more money doing what they do best while hiring
someone else who'll work cheaper.
It's the satisfaction of starting and completing a task yourself.
note: girlie men do not understand this concept.

*JimH*

Don White wrote:
Starbucks wrote:
Harry,
Since you really don't have any computer credential yourself, it seems
that JimH has hit a very sensitive nerve. I am curious, why is a
successful writer who is paid hundreds of dollar and hour to write,
wasting his time building a computer, instead of paying someone with
credentials to put it together. You can have someone with credentials
build it for less than you earn in one hour.

Is it possible you have chased away all of your clients and can't afford
it?

Duh! If you ask, you'll find people in here who work on their own
boats...yet could make more money doing what they do best while hiring
someone else who'll work cheaper.
It's the satisfaction of starting and completing a task yourself.
note: girlie men do not understand this concept.

Smithers is playing you, Don. He's trying oh so hard as he always does to
try to get a "rise" out of me, and he's not succeeding, because he's once
again in my dumpster. As if I would take gratuitous advice from a dipstick
like Smithers.

You're mostly correct in your assessment of why I usually assemble my own
PC's. Another reason is that it really isn't very difficult. It took me
about three hours to assemble the components, and the one that took the
most time was the case, since it had so many custom parts. I even
remembered to put the grease between the CPU and its fan.

As I stated previously, I wouldn't let Hertvik squeegee my windshield.

Quote "He's trying oh so hard as he always does to try to get a "rise" out
of me, and he's not succeeding, "

Ditto.

Starbucks

JimH,
The reason Harry can not get a rise out of you, is because you have not
fabricated a fictious life for rec.boats. Harry is so insecure, whenever
someone points out his lack of a lobster boat, a degree from Yale (hell he
went to U of Kansas),a young beautiful wife (I have seen a picture of her,
she is nothing to write home about, his description of her is similar to all
his other lies) or a successful company, he cringes. Have you noticed that
Harry has been on his best behavior (remember we are talking "Harry
Standards") since his latest lies were proven to be lies. The key to
controlling Harry is just keep his ego deflated.

Don White wrote:
Starbucks wrote:
[...]

*JimH*

Don White wrote:
Starbucks wrote:
[...]

I'm not trying to get anything out of you, dimwit. You made a totally
unsubstantiated claim that implied you had some sort of expertise in
things computer, and that you could assemble a "better, faster computer
for less," or somesuch nonsense.

It's a b.s. claim on your part, and you know it.

What are your "best" prices on P4 Socket 775 CPUs above 3.2 Mhz?

Let me first know what you paid, providing a link. Otherwise, kiss my ass.

Starbucks

JimH,
It looks like you got a rise from Harry. A big rise.

Don White wrote:
Starbucks wrote:
[...]

But that's the whole point. No matter what anyone pays for anything, it is
pretty likely that someone else can, with minimal or moderate effort, beat
that price by a little or maybe by a lot.

I told you before, my criteria included a DECENT price, not necessarily
the lowest price. I had considerations in addition to price, and these
included a good return policy, decent tech support if I needed it, and a
good reputation on the part of the seller.

I also told you that *I* could beat the price I paid, if I wanted to do
so.

Here's a crumb for you. I paid under $80 for a brand-new, sealed box,
retail Plextor PX-716A. Not a repack, not B goods. A goods.

What's YOUR best price for this piece?