Charlie Brown

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:33:09 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

SeaPro is a couple of steps down from Scout in terms of fit and finish,
but the company makes very nice and sturdy sal****er fishing boats. The
company has been quite successful in its niche. The last one I owned was
this model:

http://www.seaproboats.com/models/sv1900cc.html

What differentiates a bay boat from a center console?
Charlie Brown

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:48:55 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

What differentiates a bay boat from a center console?

In layman's terms, the bay boats have less depth above the waterline,
less freeboard is the boater term. This makes them a bit less suitable
for more open waters, but more suitable for skinny waters. I believe
they are also a little flatter on the bottom, so they draw less water.

The interior layouts are also very different. Look at the website more
closely and you will sss the differences.

Where do you plan to fish?

Lake Murray South Carolina. I know next to nothing about fishing, but
think it's something I'd enjoy if I had a boat. My objectives for a
boat in order of importance a

1) Joy riding/swimming
2) Tubing/some skiing
3) Fishing

If I really get into fishing, obviously my priorities might change. I
was planning on getting a bowrider, but was advised that they are
somewhat limited: not much room to maneuver around inside the boat and
not good for fishing. That's why I was thinking a center console
would be best as they sound versatile. Would you agree?

Tom

How does SeaPro compare to the Scout?

Don't have any experience with Scout but I bought a SeaPro this spring
( http://www.seaproboats.com/models/sv2100cc.html ) and I absolutely
love it. I bought it with trim tabs, hydraulic jack plate and a 200
Yamaha - I can get it up in 1 1/2 feet of water, it will run in the
upper 50's when needed, will handle reasonable offshore seas and with
the optional rear seat and bow cushions makes a pretty good makeshift
runabout (which was my wifes' primary concern). I've owned pontoon
boats, bass boats, runabouts and center consoles and I don't think
that I have ever been as overall satisfied with any of them as I am
with this one - maybe it's because I bought it as a compromise and it
suits those compromised needs. (OK SeaPro - you can send me my check
now) :-)

Charlie Brown

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 15:03:34 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

Center console ain't gonna cut it - I know I own one.
or

What do these boats do well that a center console doesn't?