Starbucks

Harry,
Since you really don't have any computer credential yourself, it seems that
JimH has hit a very sensitive nerve. I am curious, why is a successful
writer who is paid hundreds of dollar and hour to write, wasting his time
building a computer, instead of paying someone with credentials to put it
together. You can have someone with credentials build it for less than you
earn in one hour.

Is it possible you have chased away all of your clients and can't afford it?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
*JimH* wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Gene Kearns wrote:
On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 23:31:56 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Grady only started using XL ply in 1998. That's why you hear so much
about rotting transoms, floors, and bulkheads in older Grady's.

I haven't heard so much about "rotting transoms, floors, and bulkheads
in older Grady's!"

When should I expect mine to fall apart?

I haven't hear much about it, either. Maybe Hertvik can build you a
computer to test for the date of dissolution. On the cheap, of course.

Wow, I got dragged into another discussion for no known reason other than
your on going infatuation with me.

So how about it Krause. Care to bet that I can build a faster, better PC
for a cheaper price than you just did? Or are you all talk? Me thinks
so. ;-)

Oh, sorry. I have you blocked on my main newsreader account.

You're really a piece of work, Hertvik. Why would I retain a
credential-less nincompoop like you to do anything?

Assembling a PC from pieces and parts ain't rocket science. I've been
doing it successfully for 15 years.

*I* could build a faster PC than I did. Why would I need a credential-less
nincompoop like you to help me do that?

*I* could build a better PC than I did (whatever better means) by choosing
different components. But I chose the pieces I wanted for this desktop,
and they perform exactly as I thought they would. Why would I need a
credential-less nincompoop like you to help me do that?

*I* could build a cheaper PC than I did by choosing different pieces and
different suppliers. Why would I need a credential-less nincompoop like
you to help me save a few dollars?

I'm using a top-end ASUS motherboard? You have better? Doubtful. There are
competing, equivalent lines, but ASUS is top-drawer.

I'm using a PC Power & Cooling power supply. There are equivalent brands,
but they're not better.

I bought a LianLi aluminum case. It is the standard in aluminum cases.

I bought a nice, middle of the road, ATI video card. my choice of that
card was deliberate. It does a great job handling my business-related
graphics. I don't run any demanding games.

I have two top-drawer SATA hard drives, including one that runs at 10,000
RPM and is very fast. Tom's Hardware recommendations. They know more than
you do.

Got the top of the line Plextor DVD and CD writer, and a top of the line
Plextor CD-R. You can't do better.

Everything went together in a flash, passed POST the first time I fired it
up, and Win XP Pro found and installed all the correct drivers.

So, again, I ask you: why would I need the help of a credential-less
nincompoop like you?