Harry Krause

Default OT Bush hatred

NOYB wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

As hard as it might be to believe that there's a senator with a

more
anti-small business agenda than Kerry, Kennedy is even worse. He
voted
against NFIB-supported legislation 92% of the time in the 106th
Congress,
and 75% of the time in the 107th.

Any idea why he voted against such legislation? Or are you just

quoting
stuff you found on the web, without knowing the background?

I get an NFIB newsletter that discusses the Congressional issues that
affect
small businesses. In that newsletter is a synopsis about each issue,

and
member survey that asks you to vote your opinion on each issue. The
results
from all of the small business surveys that are returned are tabulated,
and
NFIB lobbies Congress for legislation that would most help small

business.
The NFIB then posts a follow-up newsletter that reports how each member

of
Congress voted on each issue. Kerry and Kennedy voted *AGAINST* the

NFIB
positions more than 3/4's of the time...placing them near the top of

the
list of anti-small business members of Congress.

Be like a good journalist. A good news article always begins with a
paragraph which nicely summarizes the rest of the story so the reader

can
decide whether he wants to continue. What sorts of things did he vote
against?

NFIB is little more than a Bush kiss-ass group. If you poke around the
site a little, you'll find dozens of references to Saint Dubya the Dumb,
and how wonderful his is.

Bush has been very much pro-small business. Of course they think favorably
of him. However, you need to get your facts straight. NFIB was founded
before Bush was even born.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V32012157

I made no direct reference to when your Little Business group was
formed, not did I make an oblique reference. Is this an example of how
you righties start your misinformaiton campaigns.

My comment stands. Your Little Business group is full of glowing
references to Saint Dubya the Dumb. Naturally, it would have an opposite
opinion of the Democratic front-runner.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

NFIB and small business make the difference in Washington, D.C.

NFIB comes out fighting every time lawmakers and regulators try to
take another bite out of your business or your pocketbook. NFIB members from
all over the country make their voices heard, and Congress listens -- and
those victories translate into money in your pocket.

Hehehe. They sho' got their hooks into you.

Obstacles Cleared for Overtime Reform

You mean elimination.

Small Business Scores Health-Care Option With HSAs

President Bush signed legislation in December 2003, authorizing the
creation of Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). Taking effect Jan. 1, 2004, HSAs
are tax-free savings accounts for medical expenses that will allow more
small-business owners to obtain affordable health coverage for themselves
and their employees.

This is one of the biggest and saddest laughs of all. An HSA is no
substitute for a strong health insurance plan. Can you tell us why?

Any taxpayer with a high-deductible insurance plan can contribute up
to $2,600 a year ($5,150 for families) into an HSA account.

Well, that ought to cover two days at the hospital...or removal of a
hangnail.

Your Little Business group is nothing more than a right-wing scam. And
you fell for it.

-
Email sent to is never read.
NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
-

My comment stands. Your Little Business group is full of glowing
references to Saint Dubya the Dumb. Naturally, it would have an opposite
opinion of the Democratic front-runner.

No, not naturally. You're making stupid-ass assumptions again...without
checking the facts. NFIB asks its 600,000 members to vote on what issues
are most important to small businesses. It then takes the results of those
surveys and lobbies Congress to pass legislation that would help small
business. Each member of Congress then votes on the issues...and NFIB keeps
track of who votes for what.

There are plenty of Democrats with positive (50% or better)
ratings...meaning they agree with NFIB.

Dianne Feinstein scored a 50%
Zell Miller score a 75%
John Breaux scored a 63%
Mary Landrieu scored a 75%
Max Baucus scored a 75%
Ben Nelson scored a 63%
Tim Johnson scored a 50%
James Jeffords (I) scored a 63% (scored an 83% in the 106th Congress before
he left the Republican party)

NFIB's "glowing references" are only given when a government official
acts/votes in a way that supports small business...and that simply doesn't
describe the vast majority of democrats.

NOYB

NOYB wrote:

[...]

Doh! The "high-deductible insurance plan" pays the big bills. The $2600
pays the routine trips to the doc. I pay almost $11,000 for a family of
four (with an 80/20 plan and $500 deductible). I bet my premium would drop
by 75% if I had a very high deductible plan. If nobody gets sick in a given
year, then I would save mega-bucks...which is money that would be lining the
pockets of some insurance executive if it weren't for HSA's. If we *do* get
sick, then it's virtually a wash.

The other issue NFIB is strongly lobbying for are AHP's. Until an
Association Health Plan bill is passed, we small business guys don't get the
same special privileges as is afforded government workers and union members.
You guys lobbied for AHP's and got 'em (in principle, if not in name)...and
now it's our turn.

Don White

What this usually means is that the small business wants gov't handouts or a
reduced tax rate.
Pay your fair share...the unionized working class sure are.

NOYB wrote in message
hlink.net...

snip
NFIB's "glowing references" are only given when a government official
acts/votes in a way that supports small business...and that simply doesn't
describe the vast majority of democrats.

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

[...]

It doesn't mean "they" agreed with your group. It means your group
agreed with their positions.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

[...]

Indeed, AHP's are promising. A really serious problem these days is that
the cost of pharmaceuticals for covered employees now costs health plans
about the same as hopsitalization. This is leading to caps and higher
co-pays for some.

--
Email sent to is never read.
NOYB

"Don White" wrote in message
What this usually means is that the small business wants gov't handouts or

reduced tax rate.
Pay your fair share...the unionized working class sure are.

Why must you always be such a dim bulb? The "unionized working class" would
not have jobs if not for small businesses. Here's some stats for you:

Small firms (less than 500 employees)

a.. Represent more than 99.7 percent of all employers.
a.. Employ more than half of all private sector employees
a.. Pay 44.5 percent of total U.S. private payroll.
a.. Generate 60 to 80 percent of net new jobs annually.
a.. Create more than 50 percent of nonfarm private gross domestic product
(GDP).
a.. Supplied 22.8 percent of the total value of federal prime contracts
(about $50 billion) in FY 2001.
a.. Produce 13 to 14 times more patents per employee than large patenting
firms. These patents are twice as likely as large firm patents to be among
the one percent most cited.
a.. Are employers of 39 percent of high tech workers (such as scientists,
engineers, and computer workers ) .
a.. Are 53 percent home-based and 3 percent franchises.
a.. Made up 97 percent of all identified exporters and produced 29 percent
of the known export value in FY 2001.

http://www.sba.gov/advo/stats/sbfaq.html

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message
What this usually means is that the small business wants gov't handouts or

reduced tax rate.
Pay your fair share...the unionized working class sure are.

Why must you always be such a dim bulb? The "unionized working class" would
not have jobs if not for small businesses. Here's some stats for you:

Actually, you have it backwards. If it weren't for workers, there
wouldn't be any small businesses, or large businesses, for that matter.
You can have a society in which every man or woman is his or her own
producer (a farmer, a sawyer, a cobbler, et cetera, who trades with
others for sustenance, and without anything but the smallest family
businesses, but you cannot have most small or any medium or large
businesses without workers. We had such a business-less society when
this country was first settled.

Capital is subservient to labor.

--
Email sent to is never read.
NOYB

NOYB wrote:

[...]

No, actually you're wrong. Lobbying groups have a pretty strong effect on
what gets passed in Congress. Fortune rated NFIB the nation's most powerful
business lobbying group...and the third most powerful lobbying group
overall...second only to the NRA, and AARP, respectively.

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/power25

The Top 15:
1) NRA
2) AARP
3) NFIB
4) American Israel Public Affairs Committee
5) Assoc. of Trial Lawyers of America
6) AFL-CIO
7) Chamber of Commerce of the USA
8) National Beer Wholesalers Association
9) Nat'l Assn. of Realtors
10)National Assn. of Manufacturers
11)National Assn. of Home Builders of the US
12)American Medical Association
13)American Hospital Association (formerly ranked 31st)
14)NEA
15)American Farm Bureau Federation