Doug Kanter

Default OT Bush hatred

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

What's he saying about firearms?

From his website
(http://www.http://kerry.senate.gov/b...ns_record.html)

Gun Control
Senator Kerry is deeply troubled by the numbers of people - and

particularly
the number of children - that are wounded or killed by gunfire each year

and
he supports stricter gun control measures in order to prevent children and
adults from misusing any of the approximately 192 million firearms

currently
in circulation in the United States. He believes that we need to close the
gun show loophole, which permits sales at gun shows without a background
check, require the provision of a child safety lock on all handguns, and
increase controls on assault weapons and HANDGUNS.

-- Gun locks. Right. Most manufacturers now supply them for free with new
guns. No way anyone will figure out how to get people to use them at
appropriate times.

-- Gun show loophole: It's already illegal for a felon to set foot in a
place that sells guns. It's barely enforced, even though there are enough
laws to put offenders away for quite a long time. Besides, unless a cop
recognized a felon, how would anyone know he's wandering around a gun show,
unless there were background checks???

-- Handgun controls: I live in NY. That's just about as bad as it gets. But,
I'm acquainted with one person who was denied his pistol permit because of
his neighbors, two of whom own guns themselves. I think the permit process
is a good idea. I'm sure I'll have to expand on this story for someone
here...

Kids wounded by gunfire? Simple:
--If they get their hands on guns which are improperly stored at home, come
down hard on the parents. No bail. No slap on the wrist. Jail time.
--Gunfire in the streets? Every time (that means "always"

Butch Ammon

He certainly is in favor of the Brady bill, efforts to control assault
weapons, and efforts to require background checks at gun shows.

That somehow makes Kerry someone who is going to force you to turn in
your shotgun?

My shotgun, your shotgun, my old Marlin .22, my dad's old 1953 H&R .22
revolver, etc...

John Kerry is *NOT* a hunter. You can trust me on that one.

Are you really that simple-minded?

Oooo, that hurt. I am not simple at all. I try to read everything I can get
my hands on, so I can get a well rounded opinion on a candidate. I'm sorry,
John Kerry is not the greatest candidate out there. He's way too far left.

Let's make a bet: If Bush loses, I'll buy you lunch somewhere. If Bush wins,
you buy me lunch somewhere.

Deal?

Butch Ammon
Doug Kanter

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...
What's he saying about firearms?

From his website
(http://www.http://kerry.senate.gov/b...ns_record.html)

Gun Control
Senator Kerry is deeply troubled by the numbers of people - and

particularly
the number of children - that are wounded or killed by gunfire each year

and
he supports stricter gun control measures in order to prevent children and
adults from misusing any of the approximately 192 million firearms

currently
in circulation in the United States. He believes that we need to close the
gun show loophole, which permits sales at gun shows without a background
check, require the provision of a child safety lock on all handguns, and
increase controls on assault weapons and HANDGUNS.

This is easy.

-- Gun locks. Right. Many manufacturers now supply them for free with new
guns. No way anyone will figure out how to get people to use them at
appropriate times. As far as adding internal features to make guns
kid-proof, not a chance this will take off in a big way. Police departments
wouldn't stand for adding a feature that has any chance of malfunctioning
when a cop needs to use his gun. And guys like me won't buy them, either.

-- Gun show loophole: It's already illegal for a felon to set foot in a
place that sells guns. It's barely enforced, even though there are enough
laws to put offenders away for quite a long time. Background checks at gun
shows are a great idea. The NRA says the government should enforce the
existing laws, but how would a cop know there was a felon trying to buy a
gun at a gun show, if there weren't background checks? Get lucky and spot
him in the crowd?

-- Handgun controls: I live in NY. That's just about as bad as it gets. But,
I'm acquainted with one person who was denied his pistol permit because of
his neighbors, two of whom own guns themselves. They had a good reason to
stop him. I think the permit process is a good idea. I'm sure I'll have to
expand on this story for someone here...say when.

Kids wounded by gunfire? Simple:

--If they get their hands on guns which are improperly stored at home and
hurt/kill someone, come down hard on the parents. No bail. No slap on the
wrist. Jail time.

--Gunfire in the streets? Every time (that means "always") there's a street
shooting here, the police say they suspect drugs were involved. When they
get to the bottom of things, they are usually correct. Is there still anyone
stupid enough to think that legalizing drugs wouldn't go a long way toward
decreasing street shootings? You can get drugs any time you want, anyway.
The silly laws just make it more of an adventure.

Don White

Is that all??
I'd encourage him to go farther......outlaw all handguns and assault weapons
except for police/military.
I have to keep trigger locks on my rifle & shotgun....just good common
sense.

NOYB wrote in message
link.net...

Gun Control
Senator Kerry is deeply troubled by the numbers of people - and

particularly
the number of children - that are wounded or killed by gunfire each year

and
he supports stricter gun control measures in order to prevent children and
adults from misusing any of the approximately 192 million firearms

currently
in circulation in the United States. He believes that we need to close the
gun show loophole, which permits sales at gun shows without a background
check, require the provision of a child safety lock on all handguns, and
increase controls on assault weapons and HANDGUNS.

Joe

"Don White" wrote in message
Is that all??
I'd encourage him to go farther......outlaw all handguns and assault

weapons
except for police/military.

What's an "assault weapon"?

Don White

Don't know what you 'mericans would consider as assault...but I say....
anything that holds more than 5 rounds or shells.
and certainly automatic weapons such as AK47's & M16's Machine pistols etc

Joe wrote in message

"Don White" wrote in message
Is that all??
I'd encourage him to go farther......outlaw all handguns and assault

weapons
except for police/military.

What's an "assault weapon"?

Don White

Wouldn't you like your girls to live in a safer world? Who needs all those
guns?

Butch Ammon wrote in message
snip
Let me put it this way: Any self respecting firearm owner who votes for

Kerry,
might as well just turn in your firearms at the nearest police station

right
after you vote for him.

Butch Ammon

Harry Krause

Butch Ammon wrote:
He certainly is in favor of the Brady bill, efforts to control assault
weapons, and efforts to require background checks at gun shows.

That somehow makes Kerry someone who is going to force you to turn in
your shotgun?

My shotgun, your shotgun, my old Marlin .22, my dad's old 1953 H&R .22
revolver, etc...

John Kerry is *NOT* a hunter. You can trust me on that one.

You're sure about that, right, Butch? I mean there's no doubt in your
mind, eh?

Perhaps you missed this piece:

Shotgun in Hand, Kerry Defines His Gun-Control Stance

November 01, 2003

New York Times

by David M. Halbfinger
Olo, IA -

Senator John Kerry blasted away at Howard Dean on Friday, accusing him
of currying favor with the National Rifle Association and opposing an
assault-weapons ban that Mr. Kerry and other supporters of gun control
fought for in the 1990's.

Then Mr. Kerry took his 12-gauge shotgun and blew two pheasants out of
the sky in two shots.

Mr. Kerry, the Massachusetts Democrat running for president, has been an
off-again-on-again hunter since the age of 12. He arrived at lunchtime
for a long-planned pheasant shoot here on the cold plains of central Iowa.

But with reporters in tow, before even cleaning his gun Mr. Kerry
seized on a report that Dr. Dean, when running for governor of Vermont
in 1992, told the National Rifle Association in a signed questionnaire
that he opposed any restrictions on private ownership of assault weapons.

So it was that Mr. Kerry spoke out for gun control one minute and then
led photographers on a classic hunter's photo opportunity the next.

In duck boots from L. L. Bean, blue jeans, two flannel shirts and an
orange safety vest, Mr. Kerry tramped through the brush of an old
cornfield with a local farmer's 9-year-old English pointer, Buck,
trailing. Less than five minutes into his expedition, before journalists
could get out of their cars and hurdle a barbed-wire fence to record the
moment, Buck rousted a bird, Mr. Kerry took aim and fired, and the first
blood of the Democratic presidential campaign was spilled.

Mr. Kerry proved quite the shot. Moments later, he leveled his gun
suddenly and squeezed his trigger once more, and another pheasant fell
to the ground, this time with an appreciative pack of journalists
witnessing the kill.

(I've deleted the rest of the article, which explains Kerry's gun
control stance.)

Are you really that simple-minded?

Oooo, that hurt. I am not simple at all. I try to read everything I can get
my hands on, so I can get a well rounded opinion on a candidate. I'm sorry,
John Kerry is not the greatest candidate out there. He's way too far left.

No, you don't. You get your news and make up your mind by your IV from
the National Rifle Association. You've already stated that.

As to who is the "greatest" candidate out there, if the field is limited
to Kerry or Bush, I would state Kerry is the better candidate. You can
and will disagree: your privilege. My opinion about Bush is that he is
both too stupid and too far right to be a decent President.

For you to state Kerry is some sort of gun-control nut and is not a
hunter means you simply are parroting the drooling idiots at the NRA.

I'm not a hunter, Butch, but I'm a gun owner, and I'm in favor of more
stringent gun-control laws. Oh...and I think I'd clean your clock in
sporting clays; I've been shooting clays for nearly 50 years. About six
weeks ago, I went with a buddy out to his property near the Shenandoah,
and from distances of 25, 50 and 75 yards, I shot 12 empty cola cans off
a tree stump, six with 20-gauge shot and six with 20-gauge slugs. And
this with a single-shot, $100 year old shotgun.

I own several shotguns and use them frequently. I guess I'd still be on
the NRA hit list, eh?

Let's make a bet: If Bush loses, I'll buy you lunch somewhere. If Bush wins,
you buy me lunch somewhere.

Deal?

Butch Ammon

Sure.

BTW, *your* president can't even protect the U.S. Senate offices,
despite all the money he's blown in his idiotic war on Afghanistan and
Iraq, and his numnutz HomeLand Insecurity department. Feel safer now
down in Richmond?

--
Email sent to is never read.
Butch Ammon

Wouldn't you like your girls to live in a safer world? Who needs all those
guns?

Don,

My girls are 17 (almost 18). They love shooting my old Marlin .22, and one of
them actually is a better shot than me! I gave them the instruction the I
received from my dad, from the Coast Guard, etc.. and they listened and
understood.

They also tried their hand at skeet shooting with my Remington 870 12GA, but
they didn't care for the recoil. But they thought it was fun (but hard) trying
to shoot at a piece of clay zinging through the air!

Anyway, my 12GA shotgun, my .22 rifle, and my dad's old 1953 .22 revolver are
always locked up in their cases, and only come out when I use them on the
range.

It is safe where I live and there is no need for violence. Virginia is a nice
state, where if you want to buy a firearm - fine - go ahead! No permits or
miles of red tape. You go through the background check at a gun store, and
then buy your gun and walk out. What's so wrong with that?

Butch Ammon
Don White

No problem for you or the girls...it's the unstable people who might buy or
steal readily available guns and commit mayhem.
As with most laws...the majority of solid citizens have to suffer
inconvenience to help thwart the criminal types.
The less guns in circulation....the less chance small time criminals or kids
will misuse one.
The hard core criminals will easily arm themselves whatever the law is.