John Gaquin

Default OT Bush hatred

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

...broke down while visiting Ottawa. The hotel
manager found out about the mess and gave me a $25.00 tab for the bar.

That IS impressive.

Doug Kanter

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

...broke down while visiting Ottawa. The hotel
manager found out about the mess and gave me a $25.00 tab for the bar.

That IS impressive.

Hotel: Delta Ottawa. Visited 3 times. Service was consistently spectacular.
Of course, it's probably just a facade. They want our dollars to finance the
country's enormous cache of WMDs.

Don White

Yada...yada..
Same line we hear in this area..
Small business provide all the jobs so gov't should reduce/kill taxes...give
incentives to attract.. help to train employees,
give grants on and on..all at working taxoayer exoense...
After all those workers are 'lucky to have a job'...don't ya know?

NOYB wrote in message
hlink.net...

snip
Why must you always be such a dim bulb? The "unionized working class"

would
not have jobs if not for small businesses. Here's some stats for you:

Small firms (less than 500 employees)

snip

NOYB

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"NOYB" wrote in message news:DIvUb.12070
Huh? I thought he was a Vietnam vet. In fact, he was a lieutenant,

right?
Which means that he ordered men into combat...and some of those men did

not
make it back. That makes him no different from the
Commander-in-Chief...except that he had control over fewer men.

Are you really saying that, as a lieutenant, Kerry had the power to
order a premptive war on another country? I did not know!
Kerry was doing his duty in Vietnam, following orders. Nothing more,
nothing less.

As a Lieutenant, Kerry had the authority to use info supplied to him by
military intel in order to make on the spot decisions that may have risked
the life of the men under his control. Not much different from Bush, eh?

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

[...]

One minor difference: Bush has the authority to ask lots of questions,
ask for more data, tell his advisors to take a hike...Bush has options a
lieutenant can't even dream of.

All that...and Bush made the wrong choices.

--
Email sent to is never read.

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

[...]

Kerry had responsibilities similar to Bush's, but on a micro scale.

Doug Kanter

"NOYB" wrote in message

Kerry had responsibilities similar to Bush's, but on a micro scale.

With the exception of the top brass who have breakfast at the White House,
no soldier makes policy. And, plenty of soldiers join the armed forces
knowing full well that they may or may not agree with the war they are sent
to fight.

DSK

NOYB wrote:
As a Lieutenant, Kerry had the authority to use info supplied to him by
military intel in order to make on the spot decisions that may have risked
the life of the men under his control. Not much different from Bush, eh?

No, not much different, except that Bush ordered men under his control
into combat so that his father's and his Vice President's companies
could roll up tremendous profits. And he deliberately mis stated his
reasons and the backing intel for it.

Did Lt Kerry make a dime off his Viet Nam service?

Yeah, they're pretty much the same all right.

DSK

Harry Krause

DSK wrote:
NOYB wrote:
As a Lieutenant, Kerry had the authority to use info supplied to him by
military intel in order to make on the spot decisions that may have risked
the life of the men under his control. Not much different from Bush, eh?

No, not much different, except that Bush ordered men under his control
into combat so that his father's and his Vice President's companies
could roll up tremendous profits. And he deliberately mis stated his
reasons and the backing intel for it.

Did Lt Kerry make a dime off his Viet Nam service?

Yeah, they're pretty much the same all right.

DSK

Plus another minor difference. Intel should almost always be taken with
a grain of salt, and one shouldn't dismiss the intel one dislikes and
pay attention only to the intel that fits one's agenda. In this case,
the Bush-ites found intel that fit their plans, ignored the intel that
indicated other possibilities, and started a war. For pure political
reasons.

--
Email sent to is never read.
NOYB

"DSK" wrote in message
news
NOYB wrote:
As a Lieutenant, Kerry had the authority to use info supplied to him by
military intel in order to make on the spot decisions that may have

risked
the life of the men under his control. Not much different from Bush,

eh?

No, not much different, except that Bush ordered men under his control
into combat so that his father's and his Vice President's companies
could roll up tremendous profits

This is precisely the point where DSK has lost all credibility. There are
several reasons why we went to war with Iraq. DSK's conspiracy theory isn't
one of 'em.

Did Clinton stand to make a tremendous profit when he signed the Iraqi
Regime Change Act in 1998?