John Gaquin

Default Drunk drivers was: OT Bush hatred

..... first offense for drunk driving is
automatic suspension and removal of the driver's license for a period
of one year and restricted priviledges for 5 years after reenstatement
(only drive from home to work for example) - no exceptions.

I've always felt that in areas of public safety, strict enforcement of
simple laws was much preferable to lengthy debate over complex laws. The
fact is that such things work as deterrents.

I recall working in Norway in the mid 70s. Smaller town about 100 miles
from Oslo. Went to a club/bar a few days after arrival with a co-worker,
and at closing (about 1AM, I think) the whole bar was walking home! I asked
my friend about this, and he stated unequivocally that the penalties for DUI
were so prompt and severe that no one would risk it. He was quite surprised
that I asked!!

JG

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:16:49 -0500, "John Gaquin"

..... first offense for drunk driving is
automatic suspension and removal of the driver's license for a period
of one year and restricted priviledges for 5 years after reenstatement
(only drive from home to work for example) - no exceptions.

I've always felt that in areas of public safety, strict enforcement of
simple laws was much preferable to lengthy debate over complex laws. The
fact is that such things work as deterrents.

Agreed.

I recall working in Norway in the mid 70s. Smaller town about 100 miles
from Oslo. Went to a club/bar a few days after arrival with a co-worker,
and at closing (about 1AM, I think) the whole bar was walking home! I asked
my friend about this, and he stated unequivocally that the penalties for DUI
were so prompt and severe that no one would risk it. He was quite surprised
that I asked!!

Actually, I confess - you caught me.

That's where I got the idea. :)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------

"To the fisherman born there is nothing
so provoking of curiosity as a fishing rod
in a case."

Roland Pertwee, "The River God" (1928)

NOYB

Default OT Bush hatred

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

Your suggestion that Kerry will beat Bush in a debate might raise a few
eyebrows (Kerry's botox brow excluded of course). Kerry is a very

boring
speaker...who is pitching liberal ideas that don't jive with mainstream
America.

Mainstream America? How do you define that? Polls indicate the country's
split close to 50/50 on most major issues. Which 50% is mainstream? The

one
you like?

Kerry is a flat-out liar. And that accusation can be supported by his
voting history. For instance, he says he's a champion for small business.
Yet, the National Federation for Independent Business shows him to be one of
the nations worst "guardians" of small business. In the 106th Congress, he
voted against legislation supported by the NFIB almost 84% of the time. In
the 107th Congress, he voted against NFIB-supported legislation 75% of the
time. This is despite his website claim that "As Chairman of the U.S.
Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, I have fought to
provide small businesses in Massachusetts and across the country greater
access to capital, increased access to business counseling and training,
better access to government contracts, tax relief from capital gains and
estate taxes, and relief from federal regulations."
Bull****!

NOYB

Basskisser,
Have you ever posted a response that didn't have some form of name-calling
in it? What was that you said awhile back about name-calling and acting
like a child on the playground? Aren't you due for a game of dodgeball
about now? Or "smear the queer with the ball"?

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"NOYB" wrote in message

hlink.net...
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
At least Sorenson is smart enought to realize the following:

He's usually not
as dumb as he pretends to be.

Acting dumb is Bush's style. He likes to sandbag people. He

plays
dumb, people underestimate him and, all of a sudden -- wap! He

nails
them.

Harry still hasn't figured it out...which is precisely the

reason
why
every
one of Harry's predictions about Bush have been wrong.

How do you know he's ACTING dumb? The guy confused Slovenia with

Slovakia,
while standing right next to the foreign minister from one of the

two
places.

How do you know it wasn't just a misstatement?

I don't care WHAT it was. In some situations, accidents are not

permissible.
Period. I can talk about gardening until people are ready to lock me

in a
closet. But, I wouldn't do it at a funeral while the clergyman was

talking.
Get it?

No. Your analogy sucks.

Wow, really? You DON'T understand the above analogy? You ARE stupid then!

Don White

Not YET! Wait until we assimilate you...we'll cleanup that backwater swamp
area you pull teeth in!

NOYB wrote in message
link.net...

Who cares what you'd do. You can't vote in our elections.

Don White

Damn straight!
Handguns not allowed for any type of hunting up here and no one seems to
mind.

Doug Kanter wrote in message

Many hunters enjoy the challenge of using handguns for deer, and never

carry
those guns at any other time. No more handguns for them?

NOYB

"Don White" wrote in message
Not YET! Wait until we assimilate you...we'll cleanup that backwater

swamp
area you pull teeth in!

There are too many liberals like yourself trying to completely outlaw guns
in Canada. How do you plan to take us over? By poisoning us with your Mad
Cow-infected beef?

John Gaquin

"NOYB" wrote in message news:x0uUb.11106
[...]

Ref my post above, wherein I pointed out..."If you compare the voting
records of our two Senators on significant legislation over the past 15
years or so, you find (ironically, to some)
that John Kerry is to the left of Ted Kennedy."

Doug Kanter

hlink.net...

"NOYB" wrote in message
[...]

snip

They're ALL liars. But at least there are no dead people to show for Kerry's
actions.

NOYB

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

[...]

As hard as it might be to believe that there's a senator with a more
anti-small business agenda than Kerry, Kennedy is even worse. He voted
against NFIB-supported legislation 92% of the time in the 106th Congress,
and 75% of the time in the 107th.