Default John got his scooter

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 08:06:14 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 2/15/2019 7:59 AM, John H. wrote:
On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 07:38:05 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 2/15/2019 7:26 AM, John H. wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 20:28:05 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 2/14/19 6:31 PM, True North wrote:
I think of getting some kind of l8ght motorcycle that I could load on my utility trailer and go exploring.
Maybe something between 150cc and 250cc.....weighing no more than 250 pounds.
Not sure I'd want a rough riding dirt bike or a more refined scooter. I would use it mostly off road but on groomed trails rather than rut filled logging roads.....well, most of the time.

Husqvarna makes some interesting light motorcycles

https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/enduro/

How many towns have Husqvarna motorcycle dealerships? That would be my first concern.

Don seems undecided about a small motorcycle (dirt bike) or a scooter.

A scooter is really not designed for off-road riding, even on groomed
trails. They are designed for on-road use. For his purposes, I'd
stick to a small dirt-bike type motorcycle.

---
https://www.avg.com

This little guy looks like it would do well on a trail or beating through the woods.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...KEY-5003595455

Yup. My point was that a scooter and a motorcycle are two entirely
different riding experiences with different balance issues. A scooter
has a flat platform for your feet whereas the motorcycle has you
straggling it, with legs on either side. I noticed it right away
when riding my little scooter and then hopping on the Suzuki motorcycle.
I wouldn't try off-road riding on the scooter.

They had that problem in DC when someone got the idea putting cops on
scooters was a good one. They were on some kind of 125cc scooter
chasing people through back yards and parks. So many cops got hurt
they had to abandon the scooters. I think they did try dirt bikes
after that but the whole idea was scrapped after a while.

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 09:04:00 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 08:33:44 -0500 (EST), Justan Ohlphart wrote:

Tim Wrote in message:
On Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 5:26:28 PM UTC-6, True North wrote: Mr. Luddite - show quoted text - "The scooter I bought last summer is technically *not* highway legal here. It's model number says it's a 150cc but the actual engine specs say it's 149cc developing 10.3 HP at 5,500 RPM. It still moves my 200+lb ass along though. Good for back roads at speeds up to about 40-45. Top end is supposed to be about 60-65 mph probably with a tail wind but I'll never attempt it. " Reminds me of my Honda CB160 motorcycle.http://www.vintagemotorsports.net/ho...hch_cb160.htmI had one too! great little bike. It sounded like a Triumph 650. LOL

I did my mc endorsemnt test on my brothers Honda Dream. I wouldn't
mind having one now to carry on the back of my camper.

The frame on my 5er isn't strong enough to put on a motorcycle carrier. This scooter weighs a bit
over 550 lbs wet.

That is 100# more than a Sportster.
Tim Tim is offline

True North
Oh boy...anything over 50 miles and I want to trailer the bike. That's why something in the 250 pound range appeals to me.
.......,
Don, if it’s still available you might inquire about the Honda Wave.. It’s kind is a half scooter, like a moore modern looking cub. Here’s a vid in Dutch, I believe

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyel6GgzwoE
And this gives some specs. I take it they are either 110 or 125cc. The look to be fun, light, and easy on gas.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1D_wDEJboLk

On 2/15/2019 11:52 AM, Tim wrote:
True North
Oh boy...anything over 50 miles and I want to trailer the bike. That's why something in the 250 pound range appeals to me.
......,
Don, if it’s still available you might inquire about the Honda Wave. It’s kind is a half scooter, like a moore modern looking cub. Here’s a vid in Dutch, I believe

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyel6GgzwoE
And this gives some specs. I take it they are either 110 or 125cc. The look to be fun, light, and easy on gas.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1D_wDEJboLk

I made one minor modification to my inexpensive Kymco scooter ....

http://funkyimg.com/i/2Rpp5.jpg

---
https://www.avg.com

Tim
True North
Oh boy...anything over 50 miles and I want to trailer the bike. That's why something in the 250 pound range appeals to me.
.......,
"Don, if it’s still available you might inquire about the Honda Wave. It’s kind is a half scooter, like a moore modern looking cub. Here’s a vid in Dutch, I believe

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyel6GgzwoE
And this gives some specs. I take it they are either 110 or 125cc. The look to be fun, light, and easy on gas.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1D_wDEJboLk"

Believe we have a sportsman show coming up...although they seem to be dominated by the ATVs.
Moncton New Brunswick might have a strictly motorcycle show in the spring. Only a 2 and a half hour drive fr9m here if the weather is clear.

Tim Tim is offline

Mr. Luddite
I made one minor modification to my inexpensive Kymco scooter ....

http://funkyimg.com/i/2Rpp5.jpg

Lol!!!
Tim Tim is offline

11:36 AMTrue North
Tim
Believe we have a sportsman show coming up...although they seem to be dominated by the ATVs.
Moncton New Brunswick might have a strictly motorcycle show in the spring. Only a 2 and a half hour drive fr9m here if the weather is clear.
The bigger boat and sports shows are always 2-4 hrs away from me. Lol. I like going to them when we can though. It’s nice to see all the stuff I can’t afford...

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 20:28:05 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 2/14/19 6:31 PM, True North wrote:
I think of getting some kind of l8ght motorcycle that I could load on
my utility trailer and go exploring.
Maybe something between 150cc and 250cc.....weighing no more than 250 pounds.
Not sure I'd want a rough riding dirt bike or a more refined scooter. I
would use it mostly off road but on groomed trails rather than rut
filled logging roads.....well, most of the time.

Husqvarna makes some interesting light motorcycles

https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/enduro/

How many towns have Husqvarna motorcycle dealerships? That would be my first concern.

What state would allow a new 2 stroke moto?

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

The Isle of Mann TT’s you to have a motor scooter class. Watched a film
about 55 years ago of the riders doing off road jumps, etc. we were all
amazed and laughing.

Tim Tim is offline

Bill
John H. wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 20:28:05 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 2/14/19 6:31 PM, True North wrote:
I think of getting some kind of l8ght motorcycle that I could load on
my utility trailer and go exploring.
Maybe something between 150cc and 250cc.....weighing no more than 250 pounds.
Not sure I'd want a rough riding dirt bike or a more refined scooter. I
would use it mostly off road but on groomed trails rather than rut
filled logging roads.....well, most of the time.

Husqvarna makes some interesting light motorcycles

https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/enduro/

How many towns have Husqvarna motorcycle dealerships? That would be my first concern.

What state would allow a new 2 stroke moto?

What cracks me up is the videos of the guys trying to ride motocross on GP crotch rockets...