Default John got his scooter

On 2/15/2019 8:03 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 2/15/2019 7:26 AM, John H. wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 20:28:05 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 2/14/19 6:31 PM, True North wrote:
I think of getting some kind of l8ght motorcycle that I could load on
my utility trailer and go exploring.
Maybe something between 150cc and 250cc.....weighing no more than 250 pounds.
Not sure I'd want a rough riding dirt bike or a more refined scooter.
I would use it mostly off road but on groomed trails rather than rut
filled logging roads.....well, most of the time.

Husqvarna makes some interesting light motorcycles

https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/enduro/

How many towns have Husqvarna motorcycle dealerships? That would be my first concern.

Don seems undecided about a small motorcycle (dirt bike) or a scooter.

A scooter is really not designed for off-road riding, even on groomed
trails. They are designed for on-road use. For his purposes, I'd
stick to a small dirt-bike type motorcycle.

---
https://www.avg.com

I don’t know why a guy who can still mount a motorcycle would want a 500+
cc scooter when there are plenty of capable motorcycles around with engines
in that size class.

Completely different riding experiences. A high powered scooter is
*not* the same as a comparatively powered motorcycle.

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

I appreciate that. As dangerous as motorcycle riding is, and it is,
high-powered scooter riding has to be more dangerous because of less
maneuverability.

On 2/15/19 8:42 AM, Justan Ohlphart wrote:
John H. Wrote in message:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 20:28:05 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:On 2/14/19 6:31 PM, True North wrote: I think of getting some kind of l8ght motorcycle that I could load on my utility trailer and go exploring. Maybe something between 150cc and 250cc.....weighing no more than 250 pounds. Not sure I'd want a rough riding dirt bike or a more refined scooter. I would use it mostly off road but on groomed trails rather than rut filled logging roads.....well, most of the time. Husqvarna makes some interesting light motorcycleshttps://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/enduro/How many towns have Husqvarna motorcycle dealerships? That would be my first concern.

Any Husvarna lawnmower shop should be ablebto service it.

D'uh...we have a Husqvarna and KTM motorcycle dealer a short distance
away. It's not as if we live in ****ville, Florida, near you. KTM also
makes some nice dual-purpose bikes that aren't too big to handle on the
trail.

On 15 Feb 2019 13:03:36 GMT, Keyser Soze wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

So ask him, dummy. You may learn something. Mounting a motorcycle is not all there is to riding a
big bike. But then, you've already displayed your riding experience! :)

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 08:06:14 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 2/15/2019 7:59 AM, John H. wrote:
On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 07:38:05 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

[...]

This little guy looks like it would do well on a trail or beating through the woods.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...KEY-5003595455

Yup. My point was that a scooter and a motorcycle are two entirely
different riding experiences with different balance issues. A scooter
has a flat platform for your feet whereas the motorcycle has you
straggling it, with legs on either side. I noticed it right away
when riding my little scooter and then hopping on the Suzuki motorcycle.
I wouldn't try off-road riding on the scooter.

Absolutely. I'd not do any rough trail riding on the Silverwing, at least not yet!

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 08:33:44 -0500 (EST), Justan Ohlphart wrote:

Tim Wrote in message:
On Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 5:26:28 PM UTC-6, True North wrote: Mr. Luddite - show quoted text - "The scooter I bought last summer is technically *not* highway legal here. It's model number says it's a 150cc but the actual engine specs say it's 149cc developing 10.3 HP at 5,500 RPM. It still moves my 200+lb ass along though. Good for back roads at speeds up to about 40-45. Top end is supposed to be about 60-65 mph probably with a tail wind but I'll never attempt it. " Reminds me of my Honda CB160 motorcycle.http://www.vintagemotorsports.net/ho...hch_cb160.htmI had one too! great little bike. It sounded like a Triumph 650. LOL

I did my mc endorsemnt test on my brothers Honda Dream. I wouldn't
mind having one now to carry on the back of my camper.

The frame on my 5er isn't strong enough to put on a motorcycle carrier. This scooter weighs a bit
over 550 lbs wet.

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 08:42:17 -0500 (EST), Justan Ohlphart wrote:

John H. Wrote in message:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 20:28:05 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:On 2/14/19 6:31 PM, True North wrote: I think of getting some kind of l8ght motorcycle that I could load on my utility trailer and go exploring. Maybe something between 150cc and 250cc.....weighing no more than 250 pounds. Not sure I'd want a rough riding dirt bike or a more refined scooter. I would use it mostly off road but on groomed trails rather than rut filled logging roads.....well, most of the time. Husqvarna makes some interesting light motorcycleshttps://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/enduro/How many towns have Husqvarna motorcycle dealerships? That would be my first concern.

Any Husvarna lawnmower shop should be ablebto service it.

Right!

John H. Wrote in message:
[...]

Does Husqvarna make an 'Imaginario'?
Tim Tim is offline

John H
This little guy looks like it would do well on a trail or beating through the woods.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...KEY-5003595455

The Honda “mini-trail” was a great little bike for kids. About the size of a mini bike. But far superior. It’s realky small for adults though.
Tim Tim is offline

8:05 AMJohn H
Does Husqvarna make an 'Imaginario'?

I guess it depends on who owns one...