Tim Tim is offline

Default From where come Chicago's Guns?

Nov 26Keyser Soze
On 11/26/17 2:40 PM, Tim wrote:
On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 9:43:13 AM UTC-6, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 11/26/17 8:32 AM, Tim wrote:
On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 5:47:29 AM UTC-6, John H wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...came-from.html

States with the most guns
recovered in Chicago

Illinois 22,051
Indiana 7,747
Mississippi 4,296
Wisconsin 1,647
Kentucky 1,226
Ohio 1,121
Tennessee 1,090
Alabama 1,070
Arkansas 944
Texas 937

Where the hell's Virginia? The map does show a few, mostly from the Norfolk area, but nothing like
Herr Krause indicates.

Let's see, that's from the NYTimes, one of the Krause favorites, so can't be biased.

Here's a discussion of the gun control laws in Chicago and just how well it 'controls guns'. Sounds
like Chuck's Gun Shop is the 'real' gunshow loophole!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/us...tal-shots.html

The Virginia trunk dealers are presently out of stock.

Tell us, Mr. Rocket Scientist, why would someone who lives in Illinois
be interested in buying a firearm in Virginia when next-door Indiana has
such lax firearms regulations? Not that Virginia has any sort of serious
firearms regulations. When I sold my SIG to a Virginia resident, I
arranged for the transfer to be done by an FFL there, but I called the
Virginia State Police first and was told they didn't care how I did the
transfer. But both the buyer of my SIG and I wanted to do a "kosher"
transaction, so we split the $20 FFL fee.

Tell us, Mr. Brainiac. Why would a Maryland resident like you be interested in the gun laws and fatalities in Chicago/Cook county Il. ? At least enough to throw your wooden nickels worth of thoughts on this thread...

You and your fellow morons here bring it up every chance you get.

So that’s why you like to throw in your wooden nickels worth?

On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 12:28:09 PM UTC-5, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 11/27/17 12:23 PM, Its Me wrote:
On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 11:14:02 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 20:24:34 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 11/26/17 3:24 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 14:28:36 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 11/26/17 1:48 PM,
wrote:

Again an ad hominem attack and ignoring the facts.
The Trib did endorse Gary. I guess they must be "looney" yet you still
cite them.

You boys are going downhill as quickly as Trump. I can differentiate
between a news story in a legitimate newspaper and the positions of its
editorial writers or board. I suppose in your world of uneducated
ignorance, they are one and the same.

You really need to make up your mind. Yesterday you were criticizing a
paper because you did not like the editorial board and you thought
they were slanting the news.. Now you say that slant does not exist.
Is it possible you only think it happens when you disagree with them?

The Trib is not controlled by the insane religious right. The Wash Times
is. Got it?

A always had it. If a paper, or anyone else, disagrees with your
narrow view of things, there is something wrong with them.

He only reads and believes things that fit into his narrow world view.

I'm sure I read a lot more than you do, and from all sides of the spectrum.

You have no information on which to base that.

wrote:

On 11/26/17 3:24 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 14:28:36 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 11/26/17 1:48 PM,
wrote:

[...]

He tends to make up a lot of his 'facts'.

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 12:26:59 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

BTW, what's the catechism of your Libertarians on "stop and frisk,"
which you favor?

As part of a larger plan, it is not the worst thing that can happen,
particularly if the police use the Terry guidelines of reasonable
suspicion. It is hard to deny that the broken windows plan did show
striking results against the crime wave that consumed New York before
Rudy took over.
It should also be noted that in those "safe" European cities you are
always talking about, the police have been using these tactics and the
low tolerance for quality of life crimes for decades.

On 11/27/17 4:04 PM, wrote:
On 27 Nov 2017 19:16:19 GMT, Keyser Soze wrote:

Its Me wrote:
On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 12:28:09 PM UTC-5, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 11/27/17 12:23 PM, Its Me wrote:
On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 11:14:02 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 20:24:34 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 11/26/17 3:24 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 14:28:36 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 11/26/17 1:48 PM,
wrote:

[...]

Your posts are a clue.

Your posts and cut/pastes are pretty much all from very liberal news
sources that massage their messages as much as Fox or the Times. You
just agree so you are blind to it.

Because you think that doesn't make it so. Your abilities to perceive
what others think here are very, very limited.

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 11/26/17 11:57 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 10:43:09 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 11/26/17 8:32 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

You also cleverly ignore the fact that a Chicago (or any out of state)
resident buying a handgun in Indiana is already a violation of federal
law. Both the buyer and the seller could do federal prison time.
Carrying that gun back across state lines is also a federal law
violation along with whatever Illinois and Chicago laws they are
breaking.
Do you really thing that "just one more law" is going to make any
difference at all?
I know you just want to do something so you can say you hope that will
make it better.
Why not just pray? The effect will be the same and it only seems that
way to a true believer.

Ahhh...the Fretwell solution to every serious problem...do nothing and
hope it works.

The FOAD solution. Do the same thing, add som more laws, which are make no
difference. Do the same thing and hope for a difference. Sad, you are
so biased and ignorant.

On 11/26/17 8:32 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Because he deflects from Bulletmore, MD..

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 11/26/17 9:10 PM, Tim wrote:
On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 6:05:46 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 14:32:44 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 11/26/17 1:55 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 12:48:14 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

The answer that works has already been demonstrated in New York City -
tough policing of existing laws; arrest and jail time for low level
offenders; stop and frisk policies; holding precinct commanders
accountable for their crime statistics.

The ensuing drop in crime of all types was unprecedented, and totally
transformed NYC's reputation as an unsafe city.

---

I'm in favor of tough enforcement of all gun and violent crime laws.
We don't have enough jails to lock up many more low level offenders. I
don't favor building any more for-profit private jails. I oppose stop
and frisk policies without a specific reason, and that reason cannot be
that an individual is black, latino, muslim, et cetera.

So your solution for prison overcrowding is to let those low level
criminals continue down the path of crime until they kill someone and
then lock them up for life?
How is that working in Baltimore?

No, my solution is to build more publicly funded and operated prisons if
they are necessary.

So the idea of rehabilitating minor criminals before they become major
criminals is lost on you. You better build a lot of those prisons.

FWIW, In George Ryan's reign, Illinois tried that and lost badly. They
built prisons all over the place until funding ran out. Lots of
corruption in the building/bidding process. The state lost badly in the
financial dept. a lot of prisons were halted before they started. raw
materials just sat where they were put. When scrap got high people were
stealing the rusty girders and selling them for scrap. At least
somebody got some use out of it...

Were those new prisons necessary?

According to you they were.