Default From where come Chicago's Guns?

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 13:52:00 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 12:10:46 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 11/26/17 11:57 AM,
wrote:
On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 10:43:09 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 11/26/17 8:32 AM, Tim wrote:
On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 5:47:29 AM UTC-6, John H wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...came-from.html

States with the most guns
recovered in Chicago

Illinois 22,051
Indiana 7,747
Mississippi 4,296
Wisconsin 1,647
Kentucky 1,226
Ohio 1,121
Tennessee 1,090
Alabama 1,070
Arkansas 944
Texas 937

Where the hell's Virginia? The map does show a few, mostly from the Norfolk area, but nothing like
Herr Krause indicates.

Let's see, that's from the NYTimes, one of the Krause favorites, so can't be biased.

Here's a discussion of the gun control laws in Chicago and just how well it 'controls guns'. Sounds
like Chuck's Gun Shop is the 'real' gunshow loophole!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/us...tal-shots.html

The Virginia trunk dealers are presently out of stock.

Tell us, Mr. Rocket Scientist, why would someone who lives in Illinois
be interested in buying a firearm in Virginia when next-door Indiana has
such lax firearms regulations? Not that Virginia has any sort of serious
firearms regulations. When I sold my SIG to a Virginia resident, I
arranged for the transfer to be done by an FFL there, but I called the
Virginia State Police first and was told they didn't care how I did the
transfer. But both the buyer of my SIG and I wanted to do a "kosher"
transaction, so we split the $20 FFL fee.

You also cleverly ignore the fact that a Chicago (or any out of state)
resident buying a handgun in Indiana is already a violation of federal
law. Both the buyer and the seller could do federal prison time.
Carrying that gun back across state lines is also a federal law
violation along with whatever Illinois and Chicago laws they are
breaking.
Do you really thing that "just one more law" is going to make any
difference at all?
I know you just want to do something so you can say you hope that will
make it better.
Why not just pray? The effect will be the same and it only seems that
way to a true believer.

Ahhh...the Fretwell solution to every serious problem...do nothing and
hope it works.

As opposed to the Krause/democrat theory that just one more useless
law will make the difference.
You still ignored the reality. A Chicago resident buying a pistol in
Indiana is already illegal. Who is going to try to get a background
check on an already illegal transaction. Double down on that if the
gun was stolen in the first place.

What you want to bet Harry does not provide a pertinent answer to this question. Sometime try to get
your questions answered. Then see if he accuses you of ordering him around.

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 14:31:40 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 11/26/17 1:53 PM, wrote:

Nice try but Trump has nothing to do with the gun violence in Chicago
or anywhere else.

---
http://www.avg.com

Never said he did, but Grifter Trump obviously favors the restriction of
civil liberties. Stop and frisk without a specific reason should be
unlawful.

Perhaps you should read Terry v Ohio.
The proof is in the pudding. Look at haw many illegal weapons were
found in New York and more importantly how many were not carried in
the first place.
I know you will say it is something like only 0.1 percent of the stops
yielded a weapon but if only 0.1 percent of those people who were
disarmed, shot someone that day, it is still 10 shootings (based on a
population of 10 million) that didn't happen.
I thought you were all about ignoring the constitution in gun law if
we just saved one life.

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 11:40:19 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 9:43:13 AM UTC-6, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 11/26/17 8:32 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Tell us, Mr. Brainiac. Why would a Maryland resident like you be interested in the gun laws and fatalities in Chicago/Cook county Il. ? At least enough to throw your wooden nickels worth of thoughts on this thread...

I was not interested enough to drill down on that list but how many
guns came from Maryland?

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 15:46:52 -0500, John H
wrote:

What you want to bet Harry does not provide a pertinent answer to this question.

This does not even need context ... NO

"Woosh" is a fart from a brain without a sphincter.
No conscious or critical thought, just a knee jerk response.

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 14:31:55 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Is the NYTimes not legitimate now?

It would have been if it had announced that Hillary had won the presidency...

"Joy to the world"

Then they would have made excuses for the recession (GOP congress and
such), more russian aggression (somehow Ryan's fault) and a worsening
of the Syria war (all Bush's fault). Fortunately none of them
happened.
I guess Jesus did it because Trump hasn't done anything ... or so I
hear. ;-)

On 11/26/17 6:49 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 14:31:40 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 11/26/17 1:53 PM,
wrote:

[...]

Making up stuff again? I'm in favor of strict gun laws, properly
enforced. I'm not in favor of the 2nd amendment as it is presently
construed, but there is nothing I can do about it.

On 11/26/17 7:05 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 14:32:44 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 11/26/17 1:55 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 12:48:14 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

The answer that works has already been demonstrated in New York City -
tough policing of existing laws; arrest and jail time for low level
offenders; stop and frisk policies; holding precinct commanders
accountable for their crime statistics.

The ensuing drop in crime of all types was unprecedented, and totally
transformed NYC's reputation as an unsafe city.

---

I'm in favor of tough enforcement of all gun and violent crime laws.
We don't have enough jails to lock up many more low level offenders. I
don't favor building any more for-profit private jails. I oppose stop
and frisk policies without a specific reason, and that reason cannot be
that an individual is black, latino, muslim, et cetera.

So your solution for prison overcrowding is to let those low level
criminals continue down the path of crime until they kill someone and
then lock them up for life?
How is that working in Baltimore?

No, my solution is to build more publicly funded and operated prisons if
they are necessary.

So the idea of rehabilitating minor criminals before they become major
criminals is lost on you. You better build a lot of those prisons.

Your synapses are misfiring again. Never said what you claimed. What I
did say is that I am not in favor of private, for-profit prisons.

You're quite the trip, constantly mis-stating what I post or think.