Default From where come Chicago's Guns?

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...came-from.html

States with the most guns
recovered in Chicago

Illinois 22,051
Indiana 7,747
Mississippi 4,296
Wisconsin 1,647
Kentucky 1,226
Ohio 1,121
Tennessee 1,090
Alabama 1,070
Arkansas 944
Texas 937

Where the hell's Virginia? The map does show a few, mostly from the Norfolk area, but nothing like
Herr Krause indicates.

Let's see, that's from the NYTimes, one of the Krause favorites, so can't be biased.

Here's a discussion of the gun control laws in Chicago and just how well it 'controls guns'. Sounds
like Chuck's Gun Shop is the 'real' gunshow loophole!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/us...tal-shots.html
Tim Tim is offline

On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 5:47:29 AM UTC-6, John H wrote:
[...]

The Virginia trunk dealers are presently out of stock.

On 11/26/17 8:32 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Between the two of you, your IQ's might add up to moron.

Cook County, Illinois, where Chicago is located, has restrictive laws on
the sale of firearms. There are no gun stores in Chicago, and Chicago,
thanks to pressure by the NRA, no longer has restrictive gun laws.
Anyone who wants to legally purchase a gun and who lives in Chicago can
buy one just about anywhere else in Illinois and, of course, in
neighboring Indiana.

According to the Chicago Tribue, "When it comes to gun laws, big cities
are only as strong as the states that border them. And in Chicago’s
case, that’s Indiana. Thanks to Vice President Mike Pence, the former
governor, Indiana has some of the weakest gun laws in the nation.

"While Illinois has gone to great lengths to see that background checks
are done for all gun purchases, Indiana has done the opposite. To buy a
weapon in Illinois, the owner must have a valid firearms owner’s
identification card, issued by the Illinois State Police.

"With no permit or license required to purchase a gun in Indiana, it is
incredibly easy for a trafficker to drive across the state line, obtain
a gun and use it to commit a homicide on the streets of Chicago."

Further, "...thanks to the Illinois General Assembly, which was
pressured by the federal courts to pass a concealed carry law in 2013,
people can walk the streets of Chicago with a gun attached to their
waist and another strapped to their ankle.

"Sorry, gun lovers, your attempts to use Chicago as a prop to bolster
your claims that gun control laws do nothing to curb gun violence just
don’t hold up.

"New York, in fact, has stricter gun laws on the books than Chicago. And
guess what? Its homicide numbers are heading toward historic lows. Los
Angeles has some pretty tough gun laws too. Its homicide numbers also
pale compared with Chicago’s.

"Those kinds of details don’t fit the conservative, pro-gun narrative,
though. To use New York as a talking point, they’d have to admit that
strict gun laws might actually have an impact on homicide rates."

What this adds up to is John Herring the Racist spreading his usual
brand of manure about gun laws in Chicago. You cannot legally buy a
firearm in Chicago, but I am sure it is easy to do in Flyover, Illinois,
where Groundhog Day Tim sleeps.

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 08:55:20 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

"New York, in fact, has stricter gun laws on the books than Chicago. And
guess what? Its homicide numbers are heading toward historic lows.

===

The drop in NY crime is a result of tough policing starting with
former mayor Rudy Giuliani.

During his first term as mayor of New York City, Giuliani hired a new
police commissioner, William Bratton, who applied the broken windows
theory of urban decay, which holds that minor disorders and violations
create a permissive atmosphere that leads to further and more serious
crimes that can threaten the safety of a city. Within several years,
Giuliani was widely credited for major improvements in the city's
quality of life, and in lowering the rate of violent crimes.

---
http://www.avg.com

On 11/26/17 8:32 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Tell us, Mr. Rocket Scientist, why would someone who lives in Illinois
be interested in buying a firearm in Virginia when next-door Indiana has
such lax firearms regulations? Not that Virginia has any sort of serious
firearms regulations. When I sold my SIG to a Virginia resident, I
arranged for the transfer to be done by an FFL there, but I called the
Virginia State Police first and was told they didn't care how I did the
transfer. But both the buyer of my SIG and I wanted to do a "kosher"
transaction, so we split the $20 FFL fee.

On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 8:55:24 AM UTC-5, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 11/26/17 8:32 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

That's "Tribune", oh great "engrish" major.

"In 2016, the Tribune endorsed the Libertarian Party candidate, former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson for president, over Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton."

Surely they are "loony", having endorsed a Libertarian. Can't believe a word they print.

Strange bedfellows...

wrote:

On 11/26/17 8:32 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

New York is a great place to look at the gun law debate. They have had
the Sullivan law, virtually unchanged since the depression. During the
Lindsay, Dinkins and Koch (soft on crime) era, murders in New York
were legendary. Gun laws did not bend the curve on murders, strict law
enforcement for relatively minor "quality of life" laws did, along
with actually enforcing other laws on the books including the Sullivan
act (AKA stop and frisk).
They stopped the criminals before they graduated to murder.
Now that the democrats are back in Gracie Mansion they are softer and
kinder to minor criminals their murder rate is creeping back up.

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 10:43:09 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 11/26/17 8:32 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Yet only 15% of the guns recovered came from Indiana and they did not
bother to say how many of those were stolen. In fact they tend to
ignore how many of all of these crime guns were stolen.
Do you really think a private individual is going to involve an FFL to
transfer a stolen gun, no matter what the law is?

wrote:

On 11/26/17 8:32 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

You also cleverly ignore the fact that a Chicago (or any out of state)
resident buying a handgun in Indiana is already a violation of federal
law. Both the buyer and the seller could do federal prison time.
Carrying that gun back across state lines is also a federal law
violation along with whatever Illinois and Chicago laws they are
breaking.
Do you really thing that "just one more law" is going to make any
difference at all?
I know you just want to do something so you can say you hope that will
make it better.
Why not just pray? The effect will be the same and it only seems that
way to a true believer.

On 11/26/17 8:32 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Perhaps such thoughts are true in your little world, JackOff.