Tim Tim is offline

Default gummer's squat in Taft, CA

10:35
On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 05:24:51 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

You seem to spend a lot more time on "progressive liberal" media than I do.

Maybe Richard is much more informed than you.

He certainly seems to have a more rounded scope of knowledge on many
things.

Yes, yes he does...

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 12:02:23 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 4/12/17 11:48 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 10:48:23 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

I was hoping someone here would start a pro-corporate post extolling the
virtues of dragging someone who paid for his ticket off a plane so the
corporation could fly a crew to another city.

United handled that wrong but the guy got dragged off the airplane for
violating a federal law (not following the orders of a flight crew
member). The man was a moron.
OTOH the airline was wrong by not just upping the offer until 4 people
bit. I blame your K street lobbyist friends who got the original
passenger bill of rights law changed so they only had to offer $800 in
vouchers. (4x the cost of the ticket total for the cattle car
passengers they bumped)
You notice, they don't usually bump first class passengers.

The man was a moron? Really? For refusing to give up a seat for no good
reason so that United could fly a crew to another city...with the help
of a bunch of jackbooted thugs?

He is a moron for fighting with the cops and the air crew. You fight
with gate agents who have the power to sweeten the deal.

Whenever possible, we fly on planes operated by European Union airlines.
More passenger rights.

The rights all depends on where you are, not the airline you are on. I
agree some are better than others but it also depends on how much you
are willing to spend on your ticket.

And what makes you think the airline lobbyists are *my* K Street
lobbyist friends? You really need to cut back on those 'shrooms.

I forgot, you only like union lobbyists but those cops and the airline
employees are all union members.

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 08:51:55 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

United kept increasing the compensation offer to the passengers, but didn't get the volunteers needed.

Not exactly true. They offered up to $800 in various vouchers that
made the passenger responsible for finding their way to louisville
within that price, take it or leave it.

They started at $400, then $800. There are some reports that say they offered $1000.

Now there's a new video out taken by a woman in the row behind the passenger. It reveals that he was not cooperative with police, and pretty much brought it on himself.

The cop then says: 'Well… I have to drag you... You know how this is going to end up happening, right?'
Dao then replies: 'You can drag me, I'm not going. I'm staying right here. You'll have to drag me.'
The cop then says, 'I'm just telling you, it's going to be a lot harder for you...', before Dao interrupts with: 'Yes I know that, I'd rather go to jail.'
'You'd rather go to jail than just getting off,' the cop replies, while sounded confused at the comment.
'Yes,' Dao is heard saying.

Getting bumped sucks, but this guy was looking for a fight.

wrote:

United kept increasing the compensation offer to the passengers, but didn't get the volunteers needed.

Not exactly true. They offered up to $800 in various vouchers that
made the passenger responsible for finding their way to louisville
within that price, take it or leave it.

Typically they re-book you on a later flight, and the voucher is good for travel at a later date.

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 12:05:16 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

Usually the "bumping" is done in the terminal, before the plane is
boarded. I certainly hope there is a huge lawsuit and settlement.

You might get a chuckle out of this.

http://imgbox.com/TzESiPr3

I agree this was handled poorly and it was all the airline's fault. I
haven't really poked into it but it would be interesting to find out
the back story on why this was an emergency crew move.
I am sure they decided ****ing off 4 passengers was preferable to
****ing off 200 in Louisville. I have sat in an airport waiting for an
air crew myself. They got a standing ovation when they jogged up to
the gate.
I didn't complain to anyone at the airport but I did open an incident
with the airline on my laptop and that 2 hour delay in my trip got us
10,000 airline miles each.

On 4/12/17 12:16 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 12:02:23 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

You've looked in their wallets for membership cards, eh?

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 11:15:24 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 4/12/17 11:04 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 4/12/2017 10:13 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 4/12/17 9:55 AM, Tim wrote:

8:46 AMKeyser Söze
Politically speaking, right is wrong.

Harry Is that why you live and love politics so much?

I neither live nor love politics so much.

BTW, one of our too many community churches had one of those huge vinyl
signs or billboards up on its building, proclaiming:

"Easter is the answer to all your questions."

I thought about that for the 30 seconds I was waiting for the traffic
light to change, and concluded that people who believe that sort of
nonsense are nucking futs.

Another local church, which is paid by the state to let its large rear
parking lot be used by those taking the commuter bus downtown has a sign
you drive under that proclaims "We've been waiting for you."

Religion seems to be getting...creepier.

Those pesky churches offend Harry.

There you go again. I'm not offended. I simply believe those churches
are...weird. I drive by another church twice a day most days, and its
signboard urges people to pray for peace, donate food and used clothing
to the needy, and volunteer to help those who need it. We've put
clothing into its collection shed at least a half dozen times.

I believe liberals pushing bisexuality on kids is creepy. Doesn't seem to stop the FPLs from doing
it.

Gummer is a Democrat ? Dan General 0 April 16th 09 12:58 PM
WINNERS! Usenet Kook Awards, November 2008 [hurray for gummer!] Cliff General 3 December 14th 08 12:57 PM
Ping Gummer Cliff General 4 November 16th 08 05:11 AM
OT - For Gummer & Stewie John H. General 0 July 30th 05 03:11 PM