Default Yo Harry...sshhh...

On Sun, 5 Mar 2017 12:38:50 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 3/5/17 10:38 AM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Sun, 05 Mar 2017 10:31:07 -0500, Poco Deplorevole wrote:

On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 21:49:10 -0500, Alex wrote:

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Fri, 3 Mar 2017 21:25:37 -0500, Alex wrote:

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/2/17 8:15 PM, Alex wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/2/17 4:19 PM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 11:50:21 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

This is for the precision challenged I think these guys are the only
ones that double label for Aito *AND* ACP
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/17...l-metal-jacket

But, it's what's written on the cartridge that counts!

http://image.sportsmansguide.com/adi.../207427_ts.jpg

You've heard of Smith & Wesson, right, ****-for-brains?

That company has references to .45 ACP on many of its web pages. You
think some semi-retarded right-wing assholes here know more than S&W
about firearms?

Smith & Wesson:

http://tinyurl.com/h7kaykc
I couldn't find it and my browser yielded no results.
http://tinyurl.com/hjxogp2
Revolvers. No .45 ACP on that page either.

Click on caliber at the top and you'll see .45 ACP and a bunch of
revolvers that shoot it. Here's one, identified as a .45 ACP revolver:

http://tinyurl.com/hkscslp

A *revolver* identified as an Automatic Colt *Pistol*? Interesting and
also bad marketing.
It's strange. For the semi-auto, the caliber is '.45 Auto'. But for their revolvers, the caliber is
'.45 ACP'.

I think they're wrong in both cases. (Oh ****, I can feel Harry's pulse quicken.) The 'caliber' of
both the semi-autos and the revolvers is '.45 caliber'. The cartridge they fire is the '.45 Auto'.

I'm thinking someone at S&W didn't like the idea of stamping '.45 Auto' on the side of a revolver,
so they went with '.45 ACP' for people, like Harry, who didn't know any better.

Good guess. .45 auto is an odd cartridge for a revolver.

Harry has expressed his desire for my death on multiple occasions. There is probably some
psychological significance to that, but since I'm not Harry's wife, I won't attempt to diagnose his
problem.

[Mistakenly posted here. Should be under 'Vehicle Wraps'. But, the issue remains nevertheless.]

You posted it three times...****-for-brains. As for your death, well,
that's not up to me, although I admit I have no use for racist xenophobes.

Nah, only twice. And you're right, it's not up to you, but you do seem to dwell on it. Can't be good
for your disposition.

On Sun, 05 Mar 2017 12:58:19 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 5 Mar 2017 12:39:41 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 3/5/17 10:28 AM,
wrote:
On Sun, 5 Mar 2017 07:59:48 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 3/4/17 11:43 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 21:49:10 -0500, Alex wrote:

Good guess. .45 auto is an odd cartridge for a revolver.

Holy moon clip Batman ;-)
I think the government made a ****load of M17s so they are not that
"odd" but they do seem to be getting expensive. I remember when they
were $25-30 at Ye Olde Hunter (Interarmco). Now I see them at over a
grand.
I think there were also more than a few W&S MkVIs modified to fire the
.45 auto with a clip. These things were really dirt cheap at YOH, like
$10.

You are referring to the M1917 revolver, as described in Wiki and elsewhe

The M1917 Revolver (formally United States Revolver, Caliber .45, M1917)
was a U.S. six-shot revolver of .45 ACP caliber. It was adopted by the
U.S. Army in 1917 to supplement the standard M1911 .45 ACP
semi-automatic pistol during World War I. Afterwards, it was primarily
used by secondary and non-deployed troops. There were two variations of
the M1917, one made by Colt and the other made by Smith & Wesson.

Or how about:

The .45 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol), or .45 Auto (11.43×23mm) is a
handgun cartridge designed by John Browning in 1905, for use in his
prototype Colt semi-automatic pistol. After successful military trials
it was adopted along with the Browning .45 Colt handgun as the .45 M1911
cartridge. The handgun was designated M1911 handgun.

Or maybe:

The Smith & Wesson Model 22 series of revolvers is a refined, commercial
version of the M1917 revolver issued during World War I.

The Model 22 was built to directly chamber rimless pistol cartridges
like the .45 ACP and the .45 GAP but allows for use with moon clips.

The Model 22 is a large frame double-action revolver chambered in .45
ACP using half or full moon clips. It may also use .45 Auto Rim as they
were designed for revolvers chambered in .45 ACP or .45 GAP using the
half or full moon clips. Built around Smith & Wesson's large N frame, it
was originally sold as the Model 1950 and is normally fitted with a 5½"
barrel with no under lug and fixed combat sights. Target models are the
models 25 and 26.

Nomenclature...sometimes it gets tricky.

Yeah that one, and it wasn't that tricky. You didn't have any problem
googling it up.

My reference was to the .45 ACP nomenclature.

I have already said, that is a dumb thing to argue about. It is as
silly as people banging on about Conway kneeling on the couch or
Sessions shaking hands with ambassadors at a cocktail party.

Greg, what arguments have you had with Krause that were 'smart' things to argue about?

On 3/5/17 2:55 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
wrote:
On Sun, 5 Mar 2017 13:11:38 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

a 25 round magazine for my CZ .22LR rifles

Do they make a loader for these?
I know when I had my 10-22 loading the magazines was the worst part of
shooting it. I ended up buying the loader and I could load a 25 or a
50 almost as fast as I could shoot it unless I just did a "hold the
trigger down" magazine dump. That would empty a 50 round magazine in
3-4 seconds

I don't know but the spring is really stiff after loading 15 of 25 rounds.
There is no button on the side of the mag, so that sort of loader is
unlikely . Maybe a push down loader?

There's a Baby UpLula device that might just work...found it via "the
internets"

On Sun, 5 Mar 2017 14:55:36 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

wrote:
On Sun, 5 Mar 2017 13:11:38 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

a 25 round magazine for my CZ .22LR rifles

Do they make a loader for these?
I know when I had my 10-22 loading the magazines was the worst part of
shooting it. I ended up buying the loader and I could load a 25 or a
50 almost as fast as I could shoot it unless I just did a "hold the
trigger down" magazine dump. That would empty a 50 round magazine in
3-4 seconds

I don't know but the spring is really stiff after loading 15 of 25 rounds.
There is no button on the side of the mag, so that sort of loader is
unlikely . Maybe a push down loader?

The Ram Line I have for the 10/22 lets you dump a 50 round box in the
top, shake it a few times to get the rounds to fall into the loading
chutes then you insert the magazine, push the button 50 times and you
have a full magazine.
I hung on to it when I sold the machine gun because I thought I might
have a 10/22 again some day. It is not a bad plinker.

wrote:
[...]

I've tried a few 10/22s...Ruger makes some great firearms, and I know
the 10/22 has huge market share and lots of fans, but it just doesn't
appeal to me from several points of view, plus you have to replace a lot
of parts to make it more accurate. A stock CZ without modification will
shoot 1" groups at 100 yards. I can shoot 1-1/2" groups with my 455.
Haven't had good enough weather and wind conditions to give the new 512
a real test on a 100-yard range.

I am investigating the loader issue.

wrote:
[...]

Calm down Johnny...after all it's Sunday again and most of us do like to keep the Lord's day somewhat respectful and peaceable.

Lt. Col. Johnny ****stirrer...

--
Posted with my iPhone 7+.

wrote:
[...]

OK. It's incorrect for the cartridge. It's accurate for the pistol.
Simple.

Harry's at it again FlaJim General 5 September 6th 11 05:01 PM
Hey Harry... Captain Zombie of Woodstock General 5 July 22nd 09 06:45 AM
YO - Harry JohnH General 0 May 24th 06 01:25 AM
Yo Harry! JohnH General 0 May 9th 06 05:43 PM
Hi Harry....... TWB General 0 March 2nd 06 03:26 PM