True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default Yo Harry...sshhh...

On Sunday, 5 March 2017 16:06:05 UTC-4, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Sun, 05 Mar 2017 12:58:19 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 5 Mar 2017 12:39:41 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 3/5/17 10:28 AM,
wrote:
On Sun, 5 Mar 2017 07:59:48 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 3/4/17 11:43 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 21:49:10 -0500, Alex wrote:

Good guess. .45 auto is an odd cartridge for a revolver.

Holy moon clip Batman ;-)
I think the government made a ****load of M17s so they are not that
"odd" but they do seem to be getting expensive. I remember when they
were $25-30 at Ye Olde Hunter (Interarmco). Now I see them at over a
grand.
I think there were also more than a few W&S MkVIs modified to fire the
.45 auto with a clip. These things were really dirt cheap at YOH, like
$10.

You are referring to the M1917 revolver, as described in Wiki and elsewhe

The M1917 Revolver (formally United States Revolver, Caliber .45, M1917)
was a U.S. six-shot revolver of .45 ACP caliber. It was adopted by the
U.S. Army in 1917 to supplement the standard M1911 .45 ACP
semi-automatic pistol during World War I. Afterwards, it was primarily
used by secondary and non-deployed troops. There were two variations of
the M1917, one made by Colt and the other made by Smith & Wesson.

Or how about:

The .45 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol), or .45 Auto (11.43×23mm) is a
handgun cartridge designed by John Browning in 1905, for use in his
prototype Colt semi-automatic pistol. After successful military trials
it was adopted along with the Browning .45 Colt handgun as the .45 M1911
cartridge. The handgun was designated M1911 handgun.

Or maybe:

The Smith & Wesson Model 22 series of revolvers is a refined, commercial
version of the M1917 revolver issued during World War I.

The Model 22 was built to directly chamber rimless pistol cartridges
like the .45 ACP and the .45 GAP but allows for use with moon clips.

The Model 22 is a large frame double-action revolver chambered in .45
ACP using half or full moon clips. It may also use .45 Auto Rim as they
were designed for revolvers chambered in .45 ACP or .45 GAP using the
half or full moon clips. Built around Smith & Wesson's large N frame, it
was originally sold as the Model 1950 and is normally fitted with a 5½"
barrel with no under lug and fixed combat sights. Target models are the
models 25 and 26.

Nomenclature...sometimes it gets tricky.

Yeah that one, and it wasn't that tricky. You didn't have any problem
googling it up.

My reference was to the .45 ACP nomenclature.

I have already said, that is a dumb thing to argue about. It is as
silly as people banging on about Conway kneeling on the couch or
Sessions shaking hands with ambassadors at a cocktail party.

Greg, what arguments have you had with Krause that were 'smart' things to argue about?

Calm down Johnny...after all it's Sunday again and most of us do like to keep the Lord's day somewhat respectful and peaceable.