Default Yo Harry...sshhh...

On 3/2/17 4:51 PM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 16:36:47 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 3/2/17 4:19 PM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 11:50:21 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

This is for the precision challenged I think these guys are the only ones that double label for Aito *AND* ACP
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/17...l-metal-jacket

But, it's what's written on the cartridge that counts!

http://image.sportsmansguide.com/adi.../207427_ts.jpg

You've heard of Smith & Wesson, right, ****-for-brains?

That company has references to .45 ACP on many of its web pages. You
think some semi-retarded right-wing assholes here know more than S&W
about firearms?

Smith & Wesson:

http://tinyurl.com/h7kaykc

http://tinyurl.com/hjxogp2

http://tinyurl.com/jqf2o6r

They are either referring to the gun or they, like you, are being imprecise with the language.

The cartridge is rightfully called '.45 Auto'. Find one .45 cartridge with '.45 ACP' on the base.

Or, you could just gracefully bow out.

Also, from your link:

Specifications
SKU: 11526
Model: M&P®45 M2.0™ Thumb Safety
Caliber: .45 AUTO
Capacity: 10+1
Barrel Length: 4.6" / 11.7 cm
Overall Length: 7.9"
Front Sight: Steel - White Dot
Rear Sight: Steel - White Two Dot
Action: Striker Fire
Grip: Polymer
Weight: 27.0 oz / 765.4g
Barrel Material: Stainless Steel - Armornite® Finish
Slide Material: Stainless Steel - Armornite® Finish
Frame Material: Polymer
Purpose: Home Protection, Personal Protection

Note 'Caliber: .45 AUTO'. Maybe you missed that. I didn't check the rest of your links.

So far, you're batting about a zero.

Tell us about 'Digital Desire' instead.

I am sure S&W knows a lot more about firearms nomenclature than you and
your braindead buds here ever will.

On Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 4:36:49 PM UTC-5, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/2/17 4:19 PM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 11:50:21 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

This is for the precision challenged I think these guys are the only ones that double label for Aito *AND* ACP
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/17...l-metal-jacket

But, it's what's written on the cartridge that counts!

http://image.sportsmansguide.com/adi.../207427_ts.jpg

You've heard of Smith & Wesson, right, ****-for-brains?

That company has references to .45 ACP on many of its web pages. You
think some semi-retarded right-wing assholes here know more than S&W
about firearms?

Smith & Wesson:

http://tinyurl.com/h7kaykc

From that link: "Caliber: .45 AUTO"

Dear haree, everyone knows that if you say you bought some 45 ACP ammo, you are actually saying you bought some 45 AUTO ammo. The terms are used interchangeably by many people, even though it's wrong.

It's just that you have harped on language precision many, many times over the years. Just like with donnee being the typo ferret, if you're going to do that, you have to hold yourself up to higher standards, or face the ridicule that you now are.

Have a nice day.

On Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 4:53:02 PM UTC-5, Keyser Soze wrote:
[...]

Model: M&PĀ®45 M2.0ā„¢ Thumb Safety
Caliber: .45 AUTO
Capacity: 10+1
Barrel Length: 4.6" / 11.7 cm
Overall Length: 7.9"
Front Sight: Steel - White Dot
Rear Sight: Steel - White Two Dot
Action: Striker Fire
Grip: Polymer
Weight: 27.0 oz / 765.4g
Barrel Material: Stainless Steel - ArmorniteĀ® Finish
Slide Material: Stainless Steel - ArmorniteĀ® Finish
Frame Material: Polymer
Purpose: Home Protection, Personal Protection

Note 'Caliber: .45 AUTO'. Maybe you missed that. I didn't check the rest of your links.

So far, you're batting about a zero.

Tell us about 'Digital Desire' instead.

I am sure S&W knows a lot more about firearms nomenclature than you and
your braindead buds here ever will.

Your problem is, you're thinking the expert gunsmiths at S&W are building the web pages. Pssst... they aren't. It's some 20-somethings, some of who have probably never fired a pistol.

On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 13:52:09 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

3:19 PMPoco Deplorevole
On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 11:50:21 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

This is for the precision challenged I think these guys are the only ones that double label for Aito *AND* ACP
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/17...l-metal-jacket

But, it's what's written on the cartridge that counts!

http://image.sportsmansguide.com/adi.../207427_ts.jpg
I guess that won't fit or work in my sling shot!

There's a rumor that David used a .45 Auto cartridge in his slingshot to bring down Goliath.

On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 16:53:00 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

[...]

Show me a cartridge with '.45 ACP' on the base.

I'm sure they are experts in firearm nomenclature. If they're talking about the firearm, then '.45
ACP' could well be correct. Do they make .45 Auto ammunition? If so, I'll bet the cartridge base
says '.45 Auto'.

Now hush, Mr. Precise. You blew it.

On 3/2/17 5:01 PM, Its Me wrote:
[...]

Sorry, but I've never seen you demonstrate expertise on anything...and I
certainly think the folks who count at S&W check their webpages.

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

Maybe 50 years plus ago, it said ACP, but the rest of the manufacturers did
not want to mention Colt. Wasn't a30.06 originally a Winchester 30.06?

On 3/2/17 6:46 PM, Bill wrote:
Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

The fact is, the round has several names in common use by authoritative
vendors.

On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 13:56:42 -0800 (PST), Its Me
wrote:

Dear haree, everyone knows that if you say you bought some 45 ACP ammo, you are actually saying you bought some 45 AUTO ammo. The terms are used interchangeably by many people, even though it's wrong.

It's just that you have harped on language precision many, many times over the years. Just like with donnee being the typo ferret, if you're going to do that, you have to hold yourself up to higher standards, or face the ridicule that you now are.

Have a nice day.

===

Yes. Everyone knows, except Harree.

On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 13:52:09 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

3:19 PMPoco Deplorevole
On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 11:50:21 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

This is for the precision challenged I think these guys are the only ones that double label for Aito *AND* ACP
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/17...l-metal-jacket

But, it's what's written on the cartridge that counts!

http://image.sportsmansguide.com/adi.../207427_ts.jpg
I guess that won't fit or work in my sling shot!

===

I'll bet it would! :-)

If not, take it to a sling smith and get it re-chambered.

Harry's at it again FlaJim General 5 September 6th 11 05:01 PM
Hey Harry... Captain Zombie of Woodstock General 5 July 22nd 09 06:45 AM
YO - Harry JohnH General 0 May 24th 06 01:25 AM
Yo Harry! JohnH General 0 May 9th 06 05:43 PM
Hi Harry....... TWB General 0 March 2nd 06 03:26 PM