Default Just for the record

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:06:45 -0400, John H
wrote:

Can you imagine being Harry's wife, forced to listen to that tripe after asking him to feel the baby
kicking?

"Honey, that is not a baby, despite what right-wingers may have told you. That is nothing more than
a fetus, just like those in pregnant dogs and cats. It could be put to death right now with no loss
to anyone."

=====

John, I know you are very sincere in your religious beliefs and I have
no intention of mocking them. Let me ask you this however: When does
a fertilized egg become a fetus?

On 23/09/2011 3:54 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:38:16 -0600,
wrote:

On 22/09/2011 2:23 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 21:44:08 -0400, wrote:

On 9/21/2011 9:12 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 19:10:06 -0400, wrote:

This is one slightly right of center, politically Independent who is 100
percent *against* the death penalty.

We need to find a way to deal with capital crimes in a different way.

Eisboch

Send the all the death row inmates to Europe and see how long it
takes them to reinstate hanging,firing squads and the guillotine

How about if "we" find an *effective* way to deal with capital crimes in
a different way *THEN* Get rid of the death penalty.

We haven't found an effective way to deal with petty crimes, yet.

Turning criminals loose from the justice system should be a criminal
offense....

China has. Caning, a time tested method of adult spanking. They say it
is highly effective in cost and in teaching of respect. And each time
they see you, you get more than before... they say 32 can cripple for life.

Rules are simple, standard graded bamboo canes are used. If the
administrator of the punishment breaks it cleanly over you ass, the cane
has been successfully administered. If it doesn't break, you get
another one until it does.

You might only get 3 canes for defacing a wall, 12 canes for a rape but
if you do it again, you might get 24 or more. They say it instills fear
to a point where they cease their violence and vandalism.

Where do you come up with this crazy ****?

Where do the "rules" come from?

"They say it instills fear..." who the hell is they?

"..they cease their violence and vandalism" and, of course, you have a
citation to back this up?

Where do you come up with this crazy ****?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9S3CEgNl74

Something similar with the principal and a strap back in the 60's to a
bully....he ceased. Toronto Canada.

What you get for crime:

http://www.corpun.com/sgjur2.htm

It is effective and efficient, that is why they use it.

--
First rule of holes: If you're in one, don't keep digging.
So in the hole, why do we insanely want more debt?

wrote:

Can you imagine being Harry's wife, forced to listen to that tripe after asking him to feel the baby
kicking?

"Honey, that is not a baby, despite what right-wingers may have told you. That is nothing more than
a fetus, just like those in pregnant dogs and cats. It could be put to death right now with no loss
to anyone."

=====

John, I know you are very sincere in your religious beliefs and I have
no intention of mocking them. Let me ask you this however: When does
a fertilized egg become a fetus?

Wayne, you know nothing of the sincerity of my religious beliefs. Other than my having stated I was
Roman Catholic, you know nothing of my beliefs.

One person here said something about a 16 week cutoff for abortions. Where that came from I don't
know. Perhaps you could ask.

What the hell difference does my idea about when a fertilized egg becomes a fetus have to do with
anything?

When your wife asked you to feel the baby kicking, did you argue that it was only a fetus?

wrote:

[...]

========

You can deny sincerity if you want but I don't believe it.

It is intuitively obvious to anyone who has been fortunate enough to
experience it, that a baby kicking in the womb is more than just a
collection of sub-dividing cells. That is not the issue however.

The question of when a fertilized egg becomes a viable life is
actually very important. It is important to me because, like you, I
am also opposed to aborting human life. But I am also opposed to
bringing unwanted children into the world, and opposed to telling a
woman that she must bring a child into the world because of an
accident.

It is clear to me and many others that a fertilized egg is not an
actual human life, even though the potential is there. To argue
otherwise is an act of religious faith not based on logic. Anyone
who believes that life begins at conception is entitled to their faith
as long as they don't try to impose their belief on others as you seem
intent on doing. If you do otherwise, then you step on my beliefs and
that of many others.

PS, I find your tag line to be offensive and very unfortunate.

On 23/09/2011 6:54 PM, John H wrote:

When your wife asked you to feel the baby kicking, did you argue that it was only a fetus?

So if at 7 months, the woman miscarries, you beat her up for murder with
the bible in hand?

Your tag line is stupid and annoying. And that doesn't start until 20+
weeks or so.

On 9/24/2011 2:51 AM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 23/09/2011 6:54 PM, John H wrote:

When your wife asked you to feel the baby kicking, did you argue that
it was only a fetus?

So if at 7 months, the woman miscarries, you beat her up for murder with
the bible in hand?

Your tag line is stupid and annoying. And that doesn't start until 20+
weeks or so.

Well, I dare say you have a lot of nerve going after John for a sig file
when you are by far the very most prolific poster on the group and spend
much more time and many more paragraphs promoting your own personal
views on others... But then you go after those of us who pretty much
keep our beliefs to ourselves...

wrote:

[...]

I neither denied nor confirmed anything. As I stated - you've no idea of how sincere I am in any
religious beliefs.

It is intuitively obvious to anyone who has been fortunate enough to
experience it, that a baby kicking in the womb is more than just a
collection of sub-dividing cells. That is not the issue however.

Yes, that is the issue. There are many who believe an abortion should be acceptable up until the
baby is breathing outside the womb. I'm not one of them.

The question of when a fertilized egg becomes a viable life is
actually very important.

Amen.

It is important to me because, like you, I
am also opposed to aborting human life. But I am also opposed to
bringing unwanted children into the world, and opposed to telling a
woman that she must bring a child into the world because of an
accident.

The woman can take care of the problem the next day...or surely within a week of the accident, rape,
or what have you. I've no problem with that.

It is clear to me and many others that a fertilized egg is not an
actual human life, even though the potential is there.

Ditto.

To argueotherwise is an act of religious faith not based on logic. Anyone
who believes that life begins at conception is entitled to their faith
as long as they don't try to impose their belief on others as you seem
intent on doing. If you do otherwise, then you step on my beliefs and
that of many others.

PS, I find your tag line to be offensive and very unfortunate.

I find it offensive also. I find the killing of a life which could exist outside the womb much more
offensive. Has nothing to do with my faith.

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 00:51:47 -0600, Canuck57 wrote:

On 23/09/2011 6:54 PM, John H wrote:

When your wife asked you to feel the baby kicking, did you argue that it was only a fetus?

So if at 7 months, the woman miscarries, you beat her up for murder with
the bible in hand?

Natural miscarriages occur. My daughter went through one a few months back.

Your tag line is stupid and annoying. And that doesn't start until 20+
weeks or so.

Saying a fetus isn't a baby, with no regard to viability, is also annoying.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Wayne, I couldn't have said the obvious better, although I'll bet you
won't get an honest, sincere answer.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

You still haven't answered Wayne's questions.