Default Just for the record

This is one slightly right of center, politically Independent who is 100
percent *against* the death penalty.

We need to find a way to deal with capital crimes in a different way.

Eisboch

On 9/21/11 9:08 PM, jps wrote:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 19:10:06 -0400, wrote:

This is one slightly right of center, politically Independent who is 100
percent *against* the death penalty.

We need to find a way to deal with capital crimes in a different way.

Eisboch

Hear, hear!!!

Dealing with capital punishment is easy: outlaw it.

--
I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.

On 21/09/2011 5:10 PM, Eisboch wrote:
This is one slightly right of center, politically Independent who is 100
percent *against* the death penalty.

We need to find a way to deal with capital crimes in a different way.

Eisboch

Why? But let assume we do. Might I suggest prison-slavery? Keep them
alive if they earn their keep. No reason for society to keep paying for
the air they breath if they care not about society.

Some creative ideas if they really want to stay alive. Give the
death-penalty person an option, a painless quick death. Or be implanted
with a small explosive device that a satellite can trigger if any
violations occur. Then they can be assigned to be a slave say for
helping disabled people, farm work slavery, even corporate
slavery....one mis-step and their execution can be finalized.

I don't feel like paying taxes for murderers, cop killers, multiple
repeat rapists and sex offenders...even 21 DWIs with 2 separate
incidents of manslaughter...why should society live with the carnage and
cost?

From a cop, "Alive or dead, sad to say but victims have no rights".

Before we decide to not use the death penalty, think about the people
and families the death row inmate has caused pain too. I remember
looking at the Texas death row once, the carnage and horror in their
wrap sheets....sure don't want them loose. But who pays for their
potentially 40 years of keep, appeals and nonsense? Often these types
even kill each other inside of jail.

There are really people like Hannibal Cannibal.

How much strife and pain can a person cause before society gives up and
says good-bye?
--
First rule of holes: If you're in one, don't keep digging.
So in the hole, why do we insanely want more debt?

On 9/21/11 7:10 PM, Eisboch wrote:
This is one slightly right of center, politically Independent who is 100
percent *against* the death penalty.

We need to find a way to deal with capital crimes in a different way.

Eisboch

Don't elect presidents who are so gung ho about the death penalty.
President who do not favor the death penalty will nominate prospective
Associate Justices to the Supreme Court who do not favor the death
penalty and as soon as a 6-3 majority is achieved, will determine the
death penalty is "cruel and unusual punishment" and thereby outlaw it.

--
I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.