NOYB

Default OT--Weaslyl watch begins

In message
physicians, yes
lawyers, yes
veterinarians, yes
journalists, yes
teachers, yes,
nurses, yes
and so on and so forth.

But no one wanted to be a dentist.

No one wanted to be a union worker...or editor for a two-bit union rag?

NOYB

I gave several reasons for going to dental school: great hours (32 hrs. per
week), choose where I want to live, be my own boss, work with people (rather
than computers at a desk), and, of course, earn an income that's in the top
5-8% of all professions. I earned a mechanical engineering degree, but decided
corporate America and working for someone else didn't appeal to me.

You come across as someone that's quite bitter in your career chce. You said
before that the medical profession appealed to you, but you never had the
aptitude in the sciences.

jps

"NOYB" wrote in message
.. .
How are the computer programmer unions fairing these days, jps? Do *you*
employ any union members? Why not?

Computer programmers don't require a union to insure their fair treatment.
You see, that's why unions were successful. If an industry pays its workers
a fair wage and helps them with health care and retirement, unions aren't
necessary.

If programmers become a commodity and the industry begins taking advantage
of them, I would think a union would be an appropriate answer. I expect a
programmers union would be run particularly well since it'd include
engineers and program managers.

Do you employ union members doc?

NOYB

Absolutely not. I'd go back to working solo if non-union assistants and
hygienists were unavailable. Why should they unionize? Dental assistants
earn $15-20/hr plus benefits down here...and hygienists earn $32-35+.

"jps" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
.. .
How are the computer programmer unions fairing these days, jps? Do

*you*
employ any union members? Why not?

Computer programmers don't require a union to insure their fair treatment.
You see, that's why unions were successful. If an industry pays its

workers
a fair wage and helps them with health care and retirement, unions aren't
necessary.

If programmers become a commodity and the industry begins taking advantage
of them, I would think a union would be an appropriate answer. I expect a
programmers union would be run particularly well since it'd include
engineers and program managers.

Do you employ union members doc?

jps

"NOYB" wrote in message
Absolutely not. I'd go back to working solo if non-union assistants and
hygienists were unavailable. Why should they unionize? Dental assistants
earn $15-20/hr plus benefits down here...and hygienists earn $32-35+.

For the same reason you asked me if I employed union programmers...

only you were attempting to imply something and I was just curious.

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:
I gave several reasons for going to dental school: great hours (32 hrs. per
week), choose where I want to live, be my own boss, work with people (rather
than computers at a desk), and, of course, earn an income that's in the top
5-8% of all professions. I earned a mechanical engineering degree, but decided
corporate America and working for someone else didn't appeal to me.

You come across as someone that's quite bitter in your career chce. You said
before that the medical profession appealed to you, but you never had the
aptitude in the sciences.

As usual your interpretation is incorrect.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Harry Krause

jps wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message
Absolutely not. I'd go back to working solo if non-union assistants and
hygienists were unavailable. Why should they unionize? Dental assistants
earn $15-20/hr plus benefits down here...and hygienists earn $32-35+.

For the same reason you asked me if I employed union programmers...

only you were attempting to imply something and I was just curious.

People join unions for many reasons, including, of course, the
opportunity for better wages and fringe benefits. But they also join for
better, safer working conditions and for protection against tyrannical
bosses. I suspect NOYB has a really difficult time keeping help. But, of
course, that's to his financial advantage, eh?

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Snafu

Getting back to this (dumb a$$) statement:
"Bert Robbins" wrote in message

Leadership doesn't mean stepping on your subordiates to get to the head of
the chow line it means getting out in front of them when the bullets are
flying and showing them where to go.

General Clark WAS out there where the bullets flew in Vietnam. Here's a
snippet from his bio:
"As an infantryman in command of a mechanized company, Clark saw combat in
Vietnam and was wounded four times in action, while fighting against the
Viet Cong. During his Vietnam service, Clark received the Purple Heart and a
Silver Star."
(Source: http://www.draftclark.com/biography.shtml)

In the words of Teddy Kennedy about another Bush, "Where was George?"

Harry Krause

Snafu wrote:

Getting back to this (dumb a$$) statement:
"Bert Robbins" wrote in message

Leadership doesn't mean stepping on your subordiates to get to the head of
the chow line it means getting out in front of them when the bullets are
flying and showing them where to go.

General Clark WAS out there where the bullets flew in Vietnam. Here's a
snippet from his bio:
"As an infantryman in command of a mechanized company, Clark saw combat in
Vietnam and was wounded four times in action, while fighting against the
Viet Cong. During his Vietnam service, Clark received the Purple Heart and a
Silver Star."
(Source: http://www.draftclark.com/biography.shtml)

In the words of Teddy Kennedy about another Bush, "Where was George?"

Snorting coke and chasing skirts, of course.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Bill Cole

You sound like someone who had trouble holding a job. Have can not think of
any bad boss I ever had. Most people find it hard to hire and train good
people and will bend over backwards to hold onto good employees.

Maybe that is your problem, you were not a good employee.