NOYB

Default OT--Weaslyl watch begins

How are the computer programmer unions fairing these days, jps? Do *you*
employ any union members? Why not?

"jps" wrote in message
"Jim -" wrote in message

Trash like JimBlobBoy here do not understand that this country was

built
on the backs of working men and women, people without much formal
education for the most part.

Yes indeed, it *was*. It *was* also built on things like horse drawn

carts and steam
engines. But not anymore. Have you not noticed?

So you like to see people being repressed by minimizing the need for

higher education
and keeping them behind that old assembly line? Apparently so.

Thus the mantra of the Democratic party and the unions...keep 'em stupid

and keep their
allegiance.

Dennis' brain is from the steam age and, unfortunately, it's a

particularly
bad vintage. He clearly doesn't realize that it's everyone's free will to
either live under the umbrella of the unions or take your skills

elsewhere.
For many, the unions keep their wages above the sub-subsistence level the
cheap ******* Republicans make certain the minimum wage stays.

When it comes to keepin' 'em dumb, minimum wage makes certain there's not

chance in the world of a person being able to pay enough rent, food and
tuition to improve themselves.

NOYB

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message
Unions are parasites, they need to fee off of someone else. If they were

form a venture or co-op then they would only have themselves to blame when
they couldn't meet the unions demands for increased wages and benefits.

Hehehe. I imagine them striking against themselves. And then beating
themselves up for crossing the picket line.

Harry Krause

Mark Browne wrote:

"Jim -" wrote in message
et...

"Mark Browne" wrote in message
et...

newsv4bb.531246$o%2.233276@sccrnsc02...

"Jim -" wrote in message

"Mark Browne" wrote in message
snip
The unions leach off the capitalists. Why should they

change?

BTW: What is union membership down to, about 13% of the

total
US
workforce? Take
away the teachers union and the government workers and you

are
left
with
unions
representing a small percentage of the total US workforce.
The
trend
for
union
membership has been on a downward slide as most workers
realize
they
can
earn better
pay and better benefits without having to pay thousands

each
year
union
fatcats.

I was just chatting with a fellow today - he said that the

union
organizers
were snooping around the place he works (a printed circuit

board
house)
and
the management suddenly felt the need to raise his pay 3

bucks
an
hour.
Would they have done this without the union?

Perhaps the union is just a tool in the hand of the worker.

They
pull it
out
and club companies that loose touch with reality. Like any

tool,
it
*can* be
miss-used. We all know that there are bunches of people that
want to
get
rid
of certain tools just because they can be mis-used. Examples
include
firearms, jet skis, private aircraft, encryption software,

file
sharing
software. Unions are something like that.

I used to live Waterloo Iowa. The only big employers are IBP

and
John
Deere.
Deere has done some pretty scummy things to the town over

the
years.
can
tell you that the union is about the only force keeping John
Deere
in
line.
There *are* still situations in the USA were the union is
useful.

Please note that compensation and mission are separate

issues.
Just
like
government leadership jobs, I would like to see union

leadership
get
the
median wage of the workers. That might address the "fatcat"
issue.
Or
not.
It would still go a long ways towards addressing issues of
fairness.

Mark Browne

Why does an average quality family car like a Chevy Impala

cost
close
$20k today?

Because the price has risen with inflation.
Have you checked out the price of a loaf of bread or a gallon of
milk
lately?
Next question.

Mark Browne
P.S. I suspect that Jim secretly longs for the good old days of
slave
labor - think how cheap his car would be then!

Yep, I am sure most of you highly trained prison guard workers

yearn
for
those good old
days. You had more people you could keep in line and abuse.

How many inmates did you beat up, sexually abuse and extort today
Mark?

Jim,

You are confused again. It is the *other* Mark (Pilcher) that is the
prison
guard. I am the electronic engineer one. But if makes you feel

better to
insult engineers, have at it.

BTW - what is it you do again?

Mark Browne

Ahh, so you are a union worker also, perhaps with the auto industry.

That
explains
everything.

Jim,
Once again, you are confused. Electronic engineers have never

successfully
been able to organize an effective union in most industries. I have

never
worked under a union contract. Try again.

Mark Browne

OK, so I was wrong. But you did admit that you previously ran a company

into the
ground. You obviously lack the basic knowledge on what it takes to run a

successful
business.

Yes, I made some mistakes in my late twenties. That was a long time ago.

BTW - what is it you do again?

Mark Browne

"Jim -" is a fluffer's apprentice.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Harry Krause

Mark Browne wrote:

BTW - What exactly is it that you do? I have not gotten any answer from
you - are you ashamed of what you do for a living? Did you make a mistake in
your career selection? Is that why you envy those high paid union workers?
You know, they would let you in if you really wanted to make more money.
I'll bet Harry could put in a good word for you at the union hall!

Mark Browne

None of the unions with whom I have any connections are interested in
apprentices without aptitude.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

How are the computer programmer unions fairing these days, jps? Do *you*
employ any union members? Why not?

Interesting, of those in my high school graduating class, 96% of whom
went on to college, and many to top Ivy schools, not one - and I mean
not one - professed a desire to be a dentist.

physicians, yes
lawyers, yes
veterinarians, yes
journalists, yes
teachers, yes,
nurses, yes
and so on and so forth.

But no one wanted to be a dentist.

Now I understand why. Too many rectal fissures like you in the field.

"Mommy, when I grow up, I want to be...a dentist."

Giggle.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Mark Browne

snip
.. That was a long time ago.

BTW - what is it you do again?

Mark Browne

"Jim -" is a fluffer's apprentice.

Harry,

Since I don't have any information to the contrary, I will have to assume
that you are correct.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Mark Browne

Harry Krause

Mark Browne wrote:

snip
. That was a long time ago.

BTW - what is it you do again?

Mark Browne

"Jim -" is a fluffer's apprentice.

Harry,

Since I don't have any information to the contrary, I will have to assume
that you are correct.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Mark Browne

You are welcome. I heard it on Fox News, so it has to be reich, er, right.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Bill Cole

I find it amazing that Harry actually believes anyone cares who, what or
where Harry's high school class when to school or what profession they ended
up in. Has he always been so self centered?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

[...]

Mark Browne

NOYB wrote:

How are the computer programmer unions fairing these days, jps? Do

*you*
employ any union members? Why not?

Interesting, of those in my high school graduating class, 96% of whom
went on to college, and many to top Ivy schools, not one - and I mean
not one - professed a desire to be a dentist.

physicians, yes
lawyers, yes
veterinarians, yes
journalists, yes
teachers, yes,
nurses, yes
and so on and so forth.

But no one wanted to be a dentist.

Now I understand why. Too many rectal fissures like you in the field.

"Mommy, when I grow up, I want to be...a dentist."

Giggle.

Why would you want to be a dentist?

I wonder what KYOB spends his days looking at? Hmmm ... Lets see - looking
up peoples nose with a very bright light all day? Do you suppose he has
nightmares about giant crusty boogers?

On the other hand, you do get to enjoy the after-effects of a salad with
extra garlic and onions. Do you think it is better the second time around?
Could that be the attraction?

How often do you suppose a working dentist has to get checked to see if he
got AIDS from a scratch while working? Do you think that double gloving will
prevent blood born diseases?

I suppose this stuff justifies the high wages - why else would anybody put
up with it?

No wonder dentist off themselves in such high numbers!

Mark Browne
PS - Damn spell checker - it keeps trying to chang NYOB to KNOB. Is Bill
Gates trying to tell me something?

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

[...]

NYOB has stated the reason he went into dentistry was to make bushels of
money. Nothing wrong with that, I suppose. Most of the folks in the
healing arts I know, however, went into their profession to help people.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.