Default PETA Eats Crow With Failed Lobster Dinner

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 09:33:11 -0800 (PST), "JustWaitAFrekinMinute!"
wrote:

LOL, now that's almost as bad as the ASPCA killing thousands of
animals a year in the name of compassion,

The shelter we got our cats from does not kill any. One of ours had
been there two years. In a 2x3 cage with a litter tray and a bit of
cloth to keep his tootsies off the wire. And food and water, of
course. They will keep animals until they die, if nobody wants them.
There is a cat shelter in Amsterdam on a wire mesh covered barge. They
are all running loose. Seems a bit kinder than cages. One can only
imagine the " kitty rumbles "

Casady

wrote:

LOL, now that's almost as bad as the ASPCA killing thousands of
animals a year in the name of compassion,

The shelter we got our cats from does not kill any. One of ours had
been there two years. In a 2x3 cage with a litter tray and a bit of
cloth to keep his tootsies off the wire. And food and water, of
course. They will keep animals until they die, if nobody wants them.
There is a cat shelter in Amsterdam on a wire mesh covered barge. They
are all running loose. Seems a bit kinder than cages. One can only
imagine the " kitty rumbles "

Casady

Dollars to doughnuts that if Justhate has a pet, it hasn't been
neutered, and it runs loose in the 'hood.

--
If you are flajim, herring, loogy, GC boater, johnson, topbassdog, rob,
achmed the sock puppet, or one of a half dozen others, you're wasting

In article ,
says...

wrote:

LOL, now that's almost as bad as the ASPCA killing thousands of
animals a year in the name of compassion,

The shelter we got our cats from does not kill any. One of ours had
been there two years. In a 2x3 cage with a litter tray and a bit of
cloth to keep his tootsies off the wire. And food and water, of
course. They will keep animals until they die, if nobody wants them.
There is a cat shelter in Amsterdam on a wire mesh covered barge. They
are all running loose. Seems a bit kinder than cages. One can only
imagine the " kitty rumbles "

Casady

Same here, all or our animals come from shelters where they don't kill.
We use two down on the shore line, one for cats, one for dogs. They do
have a few cats in cages but mostly in an open area outside and a huge
room in the basement for feral cats. Most of them will never be adopted
and they are unapproachable. They take donations for food and such, and
deliver all animals with shots, spayed, neutered, etc... The cat shelter
makes you sign a paper stating that you will keep the cat as an indoor
cat and if you ever get rid of it they want it back. Our doggie was
found chained to a fence at the Keshound Society in NYC, and had some
issues when we first got him, but I worked with him for a while and he
has been a good doggie ever since. Loves to go to the track with The
Mouse and I...

wrote:

LOL, now that's almost as bad as the ASPCA killing thousands of
animals a year in the name of compassion,

The shelter we got our cats from does not kill any. One of ours had
been there two years. In a 2x3 cage with a litter tray and a bit of
cloth to keep his tootsies off the wire. And food and water, of
course. They will keep animals until they die, if nobody wants them.
There is a cat shelter in Amsterdam on a wire mesh covered barge. They
are all running loose. Seems a bit kinder than cages. One can only
imagine the " kitty rumbles "

Casady

Cool.

http://tinyurl.com/yzc2ggr

That'll be on our itinerary next time we go.
--

John H

wrote:

LOL, now that's almost as bad as the ASPCA killing thousands of
animals a year in the name of compassion,

The shelter we got our cats from does not kill any. One of ours had
been there two years. In a 2x3 cage with a litter tray and a bit of
cloth to keep his tootsies off the wire. And food and water, of
course. They will keep animals until they die, if nobody wants them.
There is a cat shelter in Amsterdam on a wire mesh covered barge. They
are all running loose. Seems a bit kinder than cages. One can only
imagine the " kitty rumbles "

Casady

Cool.

http://tinyurl.com/yzc2ggr

That'll be on our itinerary next time we go.

I think it's a damn shame that cats ain't dogs.
But that's how it worked out, so I'll have to live with it.

--Vic

wrote:

LOL, now that's almost as bad as the ASPCA killing thousands of
animals a year in the name of compassion,

The shelter we got our cats from does not kill any. One of ours had
been there two years. In a 2x3 cage with a litter tray and a bit of
cloth to keep his tootsies off the wire. And food and water, of
course. They will keep animals until they die, if nobody wants them.
There is a cat shelter in Amsterdam on a wire mesh covered barge. They
are all running loose. Seems a bit kinder than cages. One can only
imagine the " kitty rumbles "

Casady

Cool.

http://tinyurl.com/yzc2ggr

That'll be on our itinerary next time we go.

I think it's a damn shame that cats ain't dogs.
But that's how it worked out, so I'll have to live with it.

--Vic

Big ole fat cats have a way of molding themselves to your legs that
makes them much better lap warmers than dogs could ever be.
--

John H

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:22:41 -0500, I am Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Not a fan. Don't like all those claws "down there"...

The cats we've got now were both declawed when we got them from the
shelter. One of them had no claws. But, the other one still has the
back claws, and they do get worrisome.
--

John H

In article ,
om says...

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:22:41 -0500, I am Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

The wife won't let me even speak of de-clawing... She insists that they
need them in case they get out (which they never have). I doubt however
any but Jack, who was a barn bred kitty, would survive out there even
with claws. We have foxes and I have found kitty skeletons before out
back...

I am Tosk wrote:
In article ,
om says...
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:22:41 -0500, I am Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
om says...

wrote:

[...]

I lure the wildlife onto my estate with food. When I run out of food I
simply let one of my elderly cats outdoors to play.

--
If you are flajim, herring, loogy, GC boater, johnson, topbassdog, rob,
achmed the sock
puppet, or one of a half dozen others, you're wasting your time by trying to
*communicate* with me through rec.boats, because, well, you are among
the permanent
members of my dumbfoch dumpster, and I don't read the vomit you post,
except by accident
on occasion. As always, have a nice, simple-minded day.

PETA is upset with Obama lupowell General 0 June 18th 09 01:52 PM
Anyone see the new PETA... HK General 20 January 29th 09 01:44 AM
PETA it does a body good! Reginald P. Smithers III General 2 September 20th 07 02:04 AM
Tom, how do you like your crow? Thom Stewart ASA 1 January 13th 07 06:03 PM
Tom, how do you like your crow? Ellen MacArthur ASA 2 January 13th 07 04:04 PM