Default PETA is upset with Obama

From Comcast.net News:

WASHINGTON - The group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the
flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's
bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a
device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.

"We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least
sympathetic animals," PETA spokesman Bruce Friedrich said Wednesday. "We
believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all
animals."

During an interview for CNBC at the White House on Tuesday, a fly intruded
on Obama's conversation with correspondent John Harwood.

"Get out of here," the president told the pesky insect. When it didn't, he
waited for the fly to settle, put his hand up and then smacked it dead.

"Now, where were we?" Obama asked Harwood. Then he added: "That was pretty
impressive, wasn't it? I got the sucker."

Friedrich said that PETA was pleased with Obama's voting record in the
Senate on behalf of animal rights and noted that he has been outspoken
against animal abuses.

Still, "swatting a fly on TV indicates he's not perfect," Friedrich said,
"and we're happy to say that we wish he hadn't."

Deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said the White House has no comment on
the matter.

Added comment: Nuke the whales!

Anyone see the new PETA... HK General 20 January 29th 09 01:44 AM
OT by JWAFM, anti PETA petition. [email protected] General 14 March 6th 08 02:18 PM
PETA it does a body good! Reginald P. Smithers III General 2 September 20th 07 02:04 AM
Today I've Been Upset! Thom Stewart ASA 8 October 25th 03 08:28 PM
Hey Bobby! Upset??? Donal ASA 25 July 8th 03 12:05 AM