I am Tosk I am Tosk is offline

Default PETA Eats Crow With Failed Lobster Dinner

In article ,
om says...

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:22:41 -0500, I am Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:07:08 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:19:42 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 05:19:43 -0600, Richard Casady
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 09:33:11 -0800 (PST), "JustWaitAFrekinMinute!"
wrote:

LOL, now that's almost as bad as the ASPCA killing thousands of
animals a year in the name of compassion,

The shelter we got our cats from does not kill any. One of ours had
been there two years. In a 2x3 cage with a litter tray and a bit of
cloth to keep his tootsies off the wire. And food and water, of
course. They will keep animals until they die, if nobody wants them.
There is a cat shelter in Amsterdam on a wire mesh covered barge. They
are all running loose. Seems a bit kinder than cages. One can only
imagine the " kitty rumbles "

Casady

Cool.

http://tinyurl.com/yzc2ggr

That'll be on our itinerary next time we go.

I think it's a damn shame that cats ain't dogs.
But that's how it worked out, so I'll have to live with it.

--Vic

Big ole fat cats have a way of molding themselves to your legs that
makes them much better lap warmers than dogs could ever be.

Not a fan. Don't like all those claws "down there"...

The cats we've got now were both declawed when we got them from the
shelter. One of them had no claws. But, the other one still has the
back claws, and they do get worrisome.

The wife won't let me even speak of de-clawing... She insists that they
need them in case they get out (which they never have). I doubt however
any but Jack, who was a barn bred kitty, would survive out there even
with claws. We have foxes and I have found kitty skeletons before out
back...