Default PETA Eats Crow With Failed Lobster Dinner

"Steve B" wrote in message

"John H" wrote in message

You just have to feel sorry for these folks. Nothing ever seems to go
right. Maybe they're just too far left?

http://www.wmal.com/Article.asp?id=1596274&spid=28718
--

John H

Apparently, their beliefs were not as strong as the lure for a free
lobster dinner.

Steve

Years ago, while at the Tahoe cabin of a friend, my business partners son
(maybe 12 at the time), tells the host that he and his brother are
carnivores, and do not need the vegetables. We still laugh about that one.

wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 19:26:02 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

A lot of upscale crab houses kill the crabs before they cook them. It
makes a better presentation. You just stab them right at the point of
the apron with an ice pick. That way all the claws stay put

I lived in Texas and Louisiana for about ten years. I cooked crabs for my
new in-laws one time. I put them in tubs with salt for a few hours. Then
pulled them live, and ripped the shells off them, and cleaned the guts
out.
Boiled the shelly carcasses after that. They asked WTF I was doing, and I
just explained that I thought that sifting through crab guts to eat crabs
was unappetizing. THEY LOVED THE CRABS! They never cooked another whole
crab, hair, hide, eyeballs, and everything, but cleaned them first.
Softshells are another matter. Even old MaMa, who had been doing it the
old
way for decades preferred the clean method.

I was always confused by you Loosanna folks. You clean the crabs
before you cook them but you suck the goo out of the crawdads and eat
it.

I always thought picking crabs was a social event anyway. You can eat
a couple dozen and still want a hamburger.on the way home.

Technically, you do not suck the fat out of the head. There's a bunch of
other crap in there. You reach in with your thumbnail and get the orange
fat and separate it from the rest of the goo in there. Very good. If you
buy packages of cleaned crawfish, you get one small packet of fat per pound
of crawfish. It is orange. It is used to enhance some crawfish dishes like
etouffe. And most Louisiana folks cook crabs whole, not cleaning them
first. Unless I started a trend in the early 70's, and now it has caught on
and is the norm.

Steve

wrote:

A lot of upscale crab houses kill the crabs before they cook them. It
makes a better presentation. You just stab them right at the point of
the apron with an ice pick. That way all the claws stay put

I lived in Texas and Louisiana for about ten years. I cooked crabs for my
new in-laws one time. I put them in tubs with salt for a few hours. Then I
pulled them live, and ripped the shells off them, and cleaned the guts out.
Boiled the shelly carcasses after that. They asked WTF I was doing, and I
just explained that I thought that sifting through crab guts to eat crabs
was unappetizing. THEY LOVED THE CRABS! They never cooked another whole
crab, hair, hide, eyeballs, and everything, but cleaned them first.
Softshells are another matter. Even old MaMa, who had been doing it the old
way for decades preferred the clean method.

I was always confused by you Loosanna folks. You clean the crabs
before you cook them but you suck the goo out of the crawdads and eat
it.

I always thought picking crabs was a social event anyway. You can eat
a couple dozen and still want a hamburger.on the way home.

Yer s'posed to fill up on the fries and hushpuppies, not the crabs.
You're right about the social aspects.
--

John H

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 23:06:29 -0800, "CalifBill"
wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message

"John H" wrote in message

You just have to feel sorry for these folks. Nothing ever seems to go
right. Maybe they're just too far left?

http://www.wmal.com/Article.asp?id=1596274&spid=28718
--

John H

Apparently, their beliefs were not as strong as the lure for a free
lobster dinner.

Steve

Years ago, while at the Tahoe cabin of a friend, my business partners son
(maybe 12 at the time), tells the host that he and his brother are
carnivores, and do not need the vegetables. We still laugh about that one.

You laugh 'cause that one is funny as hell.

LMAO!
--

John H
Rob Rob is offline

nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message
You are the jerk, and I should add, not to bright.

--
Nom=de=Plume

"Not to bright?"

Not to bright, what?

Not too bright, sir?

Are you the typocop today?

Don seems to ignore your typos. His Master must have sent him orders.

Rob

Or, he can read and think.

Hardly. He ignores *your* typos - not others outside of his Master's
tiny group.

I didn't think you needed the additional help to understand a simple
statement. I was wrong.

Rob

Rob Rob is offline

nom=de=plume wrote:
"Steve wrote in message

"John wrote in message

You just have to feel sorry for these folks. Nothing ever seems to go
right. Maybe they're just too far left?

http://www.wmal.com/Article.asp?id=1596274&spid=28718
--

John H

Apparently, their beliefs were not as strong as the lure for a free
lobster dinner.

Steve

I think they need to lighten up. I didn't claw my way to the top of the food
chain to eat brussel sprouts.

You haven't made it yet. Keep climbing.

Rob

"Rob" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message
You are the jerk, and I should add, not to bright.

--
Nom=de=Plume

"Not to bright?"

Not to bright, what?

Not too bright, sir?

Are you the typocop today?

Don seems to ignore your typos. His Master must have sent him orders.

Rob

Or, he can read and think.

Hardly. He ignores *your* typos - not others outside of his Master's tiny
group.

I know this is difficult for you, but I'm not responsible for others'
behavior.

I didn't think you needed the additional help to understand a simple
statement. I was wrong.

Rob

You seem to be wrong a lot. At least you admit it.

--
Nom=de=Plume

"Rob" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
"Steve wrote in message

"John wrote in message

You just have to feel sorry for these folks. Nothing ever seems to go
right. Maybe they're just too far left?

http://www.wmal.com/Article.asp?id=1596274&spid=28718
--

John H

Apparently, their beliefs were not as strong as the lure for a free
lobster dinner.

Steve

I think they need to lighten up. I didn't claw my way to the top of the
food
chain to eat brussel sprouts.

You haven't made it yet. Keep climbing.

Rob

You need to be careful who you step on on the way up, as they'll still be
there on the way down.

--
Nom=de=Plume

"Rob" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
"Steve wrote in message

"John wrote in message

You just have to feel sorry for these folks. Nothing ever seems to go
right. Maybe they're just too far left?

http://www.wmal.com/Article.asp?id=1596274&spid=28718
--

John H

Apparently, their beliefs were not as strong as the lure for a free
lobster dinner.

Steve

I think they need to lighten up. I didn't claw my way to the top of the
food
chain to eat brussel sprouts.

You haven't made it yet. Keep climbing.

Rob

Aw, ****! Now you did it. Lobster with brussel sprouts?

AAACCCKKK!

Steve

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Rob" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
"Steve wrote in message

"John wrote in message

You just have to feel sorry for these folks. Nothing ever seems to go
right. Maybe they're just too far left?

http://www.wmal.com/Article.asp?id=1596274&spid=28718
--

John H

Apparently, their beliefs were not as strong as the lure for a free
lobster dinner.

Steve

I think they need to lighten up. I didn't claw my way to the top of the
food
chain to eat brussel sprouts.

You haven't made it yet. Keep climbing.

Rob

Aw, ****! Now you did it. Lobster with brussel sprouts?

AAACCCKKK!

Steve

Blech... that's for sure.

--
Nom=de=Plume

PETA is upset with Obama lupowell General 0 June 18th 09 01:52 PM
Anyone see the new PETA... HK General 20 January 29th 09 01:44 AM
PETA it does a body good! Reginald P. Smithers III General 2 September 20th 07 02:04 AM
Tom, how do you like your crow? Thom Stewart ASA 1 January 13th 07 06:03 PM
Tom, how do you like your crow? Ellen MacArthur ASA 2 January 13th 07 04:04 PM