I am Tosk I am Tosk is offline

Default PETA Eats Crow With Failed Lobster Dinner

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 09:33:11 -0800 (PST), "JustWaitAFrekinMinute!"
wrote:

LOL, now that's almost as bad as the ASPCA killing thousands of
animals a year in the name of compassion,

The shelter we got our cats from does not kill any. One of ours had
been there two years. In a 2x3 cage with a litter tray and a bit of
cloth to keep his tootsies off the wire. And food and water, of
course. They will keep animals until they die, if nobody wants them.
There is a cat shelter in Amsterdam on a wire mesh covered barge. They
are all running loose. Seems a bit kinder than cages. One can only
imagine the " kitty rumbles "

Casady

Same here, all or our animals come from shelters where they don't kill.
We use two down on the shore line, one for cats, one for dogs. They do
have a few cats in cages but mostly in an open area outside and a huge
room in the basement for feral cats. Most of them will never be adopted
and they are unapproachable. They take donations for food and such, and
deliver all animals with shots, spayed, neutered, etc... The cat shelter
makes you sign a paper stating that you will keep the cat as an indoor
cat and if you ever get rid of it they want it back. Our doggie was
found chained to a fence at the Keshound Society in NYC, and had some
issues when we first got him, but I worked with him for a while and he
has been a good doggie ever since. Loves to go to the track with The
Mouse and I...