Default Fun morning

HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 12:33:01 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

He wouldn't give up. Kept insisting that he show me all the
options. I
kept trying to explain (during his short moments of silence) that I
didn't
need or want to learn about all the feature. Don't need them.

Heh. I've had a couple salesmen I've had to almost physically remove
from my house.
Sort of fun actually. Gets the blood flowing.
Strange thing is, these types do a lot of sales.

--Vic

I knew I was in trouble last week when he came in the first time.
Motormouth.
Had no interest in what *I* wanted .... only what he sold.

Another issue came up during this morning's visit. My only concern
about the system is that by default they program a 45 second entry
delay on the front door. Purpose is to allow you to open the door,
enter your code and disable the system. Typical home or business setup.

Only problem is that my shop is so small that in 45 seconds I could
walk away with almost half the guitars hanging on the wall. I timed
it. 45 seconds is a long time.

I asked if that time could be shortened to 10 or 15 seconds. He said
"No. 45 seconds is required by law."

I said, "That sorta defeats the whole purpose of the alarm system. In
45 seconds I could remove half of what's in here."

He insisted. The Law.

When I called the tech support later I asked about this. She said the
default is 45 seconds however I could request it be shortened to as
little as 10 seconds by filing a request. No charge.
They can even make it no delay and you use an FOB key to remotely
disarm it before opening the door.

Eisboch

I'm sorry life is so difficult for you.

Why so much vitriol today Krausie. Do you feel you have been unjustly
abused, lately?

On Jun 25, 1:47*pm, Jim2424242 wrote:
HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

abused, lately?- Hide quoted text -

And I'm sorry for Harry that his life is so pathetic that he has to
lie about every aspect of it. Can you say "lobsta boat"?!

"Jim2424242" wrote in message

HK wrote:

I'm sorry life is so difficult for you.

Why so much vitriol today Krausie. Do you feel you have been unjustly
abused, lately?

Krausie hasn't aged well, sad to say. 12-14 years ago you could have a
reasonable discussion and although not in agreement, it was accomplished
without any mean spiritedness from either side, even with a few friendly
zingers thrown in once in a while.

He's slowly evolved into a crotchety, narrow minded old man. Whatever
existed as a sense of humor is long lost. Seen it many times as others
age. Lacking patience to respectfully debate or display any respect for
others, the typical response now is a personal insult or other demeaning
statement if you don't agree with or bow down to him.

Cracks me up. Predictable, but sad to see.

He'll now come back with the standard, "This isn't a boating newsgroup
anymore" or blame everything on a half dozen "right wing" conservatives.
Might even toss a bit of blame on GWB, just for good measure, along with
anyone who acknowledges a religious faith.

Eisboch

HK wrote:

[...]

You have him pegged to a tee. Too bad. Several years ago, I thought highly
of his insights, and even agreed with him on occasion. Then he moved from
Florida to lala land on the Potomac or Chesapeake, and turned downright
mean. Really sad to see. He is a lot like my mother-in-law now - one violent
outburst from the Alzheimer's wing at the nursing home.

HK HK is offline

HK wrote:

[...]

You're projecting. I'm not the one having problems with service
personnel and then blowing my stack. You are.

"HK" wrote in message
m...

You're projecting. I'm not the one having problems with service personnel
and then blowing my stack. You are.

You are apparently going blind as well and can't read what I wrote.

I didn't have any problem with the service/installation personnel. They
were very good, efficient and knowledgeable regarding the product.

I had a big problem with the loud mouthed, egotistical, idiot of a salesman,
..

Probably sounds strange to you.

Eisboch

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:05:32 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Krausie hasn't aged well, sad to say. 12-14 years ago you could have a
reasonable discussion and although not in agreement, it was accomplished
without any mean spiritedness from either side, even with a few friendly
zingers thrown in once in a while.

He's slowly evolved into a crotchety, narrow minded old man. Whatever
existed as a sense of humor is long lost. Seen it many times as others
age. Lacking patience to respectfully debate or display any respect for
others, the typical response now is a personal insult or other demeaning
statement if you don't agree with or bow down to him.

Cracks me up. Predictable, but sad to see.

I sort of trace the start of his decline to Skipper's demise. Skipper
used to keep Harry constantly on the defensive with his wit and cheap
shots, and people could almost empathize with Harry because of it.
Once that situation was gone, Harry's inherent hostility had to change
from Skipper, Bayliners and Derby, Kansas and find new outlets.

Of course we are making a mistake having a public discussion about it
because Harry's ego feeds on all attention, even the negative. Better
to let his low self esteem go right out the low transom.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

I sort of trace the start of his decline to *Skipper's demise*. Skipper
used to keep Harry constantly on the defensive with his wit and cheap
shots, and people could almost empathize with Harry because of it.
Once that situation was gone, Harry's inherent hostility had to change
from Skipper, Bayliners and Derby, Kansas and find new outlets.

snip..

Say what... "Skipper's demise" ???
Are you saying he's passed on or just left the group.

HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
"Wayne.B" wrote in message
I sort of trace the start of his decline to *Skipper's demise*. Skipper
used to keep Harry constantly on the defensive with his wit and cheap
shots, and people could almost empathize with Harry because of it.
Once that situation was gone, Harry's inherent hostility had to change
from Skipper, Bayliners and Derby, Kansas and find new outlets.

snip..

Say what... "Skipper's demise" ???
Are you saying he's passed on or just left the group.

I miss the old, semi-sharp-witted skippy, not the one that appeared here
in his last incarnation. Ol' Skippy could be witty; no one would accuse
D'whine here of that.

wrote:

[...]

While it's very true that negative attention seekers act in this
manner, I prefer to think of it as a giant intervention. Perhaps when
he gets hammered enough, it will leak through and he'll seek the
obvious help he so desperately needs.

We should be showing compassion and understanding for an obviously
very sick individual and provide counseling for him to access when he
has these fits of instability.

Know any good psychiatrists that will work for non-Union wages?

Oh - damn it - did it again.

I'm sorry - I said I wouldn't but I did. I can't help it - I'm very
concerned for a fellow human being in obvious distress.

More fun on a boring morning... Short Wave Sportfishing General 3 February 27th 08 10:59 AM
Good Morning Thom Stewart ASA 1 February 14th 07 05:35 PM
Oil 53.55 this morning... bb General 44 October 13th 04 01:58 PM
New Morning Paul General 1 October 29th 03 10:05 PM