Loogypicker[_2_] Loogypicker[_2_] is offline

Default Fun morning

On Jun 25, 1:47*pm, Jim2424242 wrote:
HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 12:33:01 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

He wouldn't give up. * Kept insisting that he show me all the
options. * I
kept trying to explain (during his short moments of silence) *that I
didn't
need or want to learn about all the feature. *Don't need them.

Heh. *I've had a couple salesmen I've had to almost physically remove
from my house.
Sort of fun actually. *Gets the blood flowing.
Strange thing is, these types do a lot of sales.

--Vic

I knew I was in trouble last week when he came in the first time.
Motormouth.
Had no interest in what *I* wanted .... only what he sold.

Another issue came up during this morning's visit. * My only concern
about the system is that by default they program a 45 second entry
delay on the front door. *Purpose is to allow you to open the door,
enter your code and disable the system. *Typical home or business setup.

Only problem is that my shop is so small that in 45 seconds I could
walk away with almost half the guitars hanging on the wall. * I timed
it. *45 seconds is a long time.

I asked if that time could be shortened to 10 or 15 seconds. * He said
"No. 45 seconds is required by law."

I said, "That sorta defeats the whole purpose of the alarm system. *In
45 seconds I could remove half of what's in here."

He insisted. *The Law.

When I called the tech support later I asked about this. *She said the
default is 45 seconds however I could request it be shortened to as
little as 10 seconds by filing a request. *No charge.
They can even make it no delay and you use an FOB key to remotely
disarm it before opening the door.

Eisboch

I'm sorry life is so difficult for you.

Why so much vitriol today Krausie. Do you feel you have been unjustly
abused, lately?- Hide quoted text -

And I'm sorry for Harry that his life is so pathetic that he has to
lie about every aspect of it. Can you say "lobsta boat"?!