Default Fun morning

"HK" wrote in message

This morning, I got a call from my local Husqvarna dealer, telling me a
part I had ordered arrived. I drove over to pick it up. Went up to the
counter, the nice lady there asked my name, and she went to the storeroom
to get the part. She opened up the packed, checked the contents against
the call-out sheet in her parts book, and said "a washer was missing." So,
she went to the shop and came back with a couple of washers.

Life is a lot easier when you're not a hothead, Eisboch.

I'd accept your advise and criticism if I thought you read my post and
comprehended it.

Eisboch

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:10:41 -0400, HK wrote:

(Interesting journal snipped)

Life is a lot easier when you're not a hothead, Eisboch.

I don't get it. Eisboch had an asshole to deal with, not the guys you
had.
You never got hot dealing with a saleman?

--Vic

Harry doesn't like me anymore so he's in troll mode.
No big deal.

Eisboch

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:21:22 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:05:32 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Krausie hasn't aged well, sad to say. 12-14 years ago you could have a
reasonable discussion and although not in agreement, it was accomplished
without any mean spiritedness from either side, even with a few friendly
zingers thrown in once in a while.

He's slowly evolved into a crotchety, narrow minded old man. Whatever
existed as a sense of humor is long lost. Seen it many times as others
age. Lacking patience to respectfully debate or display any respect for
others, the typical response now is a personal insult or other demeaning
statement if you don't agree with or bow down to him.

Cracks me up. Predictable, but sad to see.

I sort of trace the start of his decline to Skipper's demise. Skipper
used to keep Harry constantly on the defensive with his wit and cheap
shots, and people could almost empathize with Harry because of it.
Once that situation was gone, Harry's inherent hostility had to change
from Skipper, Bayliners and Derby, Kansas and find new outlets.

Of course we are making a mistake having a public discussion about it
because Harry's ego feeds on all attention, even the negative. Better
to let his low self esteem go right out the low transom.

While it's very true that negative attention seekers act in this
manner, I prefer to think of it as a giant intervention. Perhaps when
he gets hammered enough, it will leak through and he'll seek the
obvious help he so desperately needs.

We should be showing compassion and understanding for an obviously
very sick individual and provide counseling for him to access when he
has these fits of instability.

Know any good psychiatrists that will work for non-Union wages?

Oh - damn it - did it again.

I'm sorry - I said I wouldn't but I did. I can't help it - I'm very
concerned for a fellow human being in obvious distress.
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message

This morning, I got a call from my local Husqvarna dealer, telling me
a part I had ordered arrived. I drove over to pick it up. Went up to
the counter, the nice lady there asked my name, and she went to the
storeroom to get the part. She opened up the packed, checked the
contents against the call-out sheet in her parts book, and said "a
washer was missing." So, she went to the shop and came back with a
couple of washers.

Life is a lot easier when you're not a hothead, Eisboch.

I'd accept your advise and criticism if I thought you read my post and
comprehended it.

Eisboch

I read your post. You had problems with a salesman.
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:10:41 -0400, HK wrote:

(Interesting journal snipped)

Life is a lot easier when you're not a hothead, Eisboch.

I don't get it. Eisboch had an asshole to deal with, not the guys you
had.
You never got hot dealing with a saleman?

--Vic

Harry doesn't like me anymore so he's in troll mode.
No big deal.

Eisboch

I don't like you any less. I just think you cannot tolerate my political
leanings. That doesn't trouble me at all.

"jps" wrote in message
news

When dealing with a complete stranger, I make sure they know that I
don't have any more time for their rap and politely get them on their
way. It's easier to ease them into leaving than waiting until they
**** you off. Walking them to the door is an easy method.

sigh

He was not a complete stranger.
He wouldn't accept several polite "No's" for an answer.
He wouldn't stop talking long enough to listen.
He was insisting on pushing something on me that I repeatedly (and
professionally) informed him I didn't want.

Then I got tired of being polite.
Then he listened.

Eisboch

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

Of course we are making a mistake having a public discussion about it
because Harry's ego feeds on all attention, even the negative. Better
to let his low self esteem go right out the low transom.

Good advice.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Zombie of Woodstock wrote:

Know any good psychiatrists that will work for non-Union wages?

Oh - damn it - did it again.

I'm sorry - I said I wouldn't but I did. I can't help it - I'm very
concerned for a fellow human being in obvious distress.

Surely there are mental health practitioners in your part of the state
who can help with your obvious distress. Don't you have health
insurance? I'm sure you have some sort of coverage.

BTW, most (but not all) psychiatrists aren't really in the "therapy"
business anymore. They do initial interviews, arrange various medical
tests, prescribe and adjust meds, and consult with therapists in their
group or with outside therapists. Most psychotherapy these days is
provided by licensed psychiatric social workers, licensed mental health
counselors and, to a lesser degree, licensed psychologists.

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:25:53 -0700, jps wrote:

When dealing with a complete stranger, I make sure they know that I
don't have any more time for their rap and politely get them on their
way. It's easier to ease them into leaving than waiting until they
**** you off. Walking them to the door is an easy method.

That's what I did. Walked them to the door. They were walking
backwards. Only way they would go. You never ran into these guys.
Consider yourself lucky.

--Vic

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:42:59 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:10:41 -0400, HK wrote:

(Interesting journal snipped)

Life is a lot easier when you're not a hothead, Eisboch.

I don't get it. Eisboch had an asshole to deal with, not the guys you
had.
You never got hot dealing with a saleman?

Harry doesn't like me anymore so he's in troll mode.
No big deal.

Expect some sophomoric reference to Argentina and strippers any time
in the near future.

More fun on a boring morning... Short Wave Sportfishing General 3 February 27th 08 10:59 AM
Good Morning Thom Stewart ASA 1 February 14th 07 05:35 PM
Oil 53.55 this morning... bb General 44 October 13th 04 01:58 PM
New Morning Paul General 1 October 29th 03 10:05 PM