Default Outdoor Propane Burner Recommendation?

Hadenough wrote:
On Jun 11, 11:40 am, HK wrote:
I have to buy (or rent, I guess) an outdoor propane burner for steaming
up a bushel or two of blue crabs, clams, oysters, et cetera for our
annual seafood tent party.

In past years, I have steamed up the shellfish on our kitchen gas range,
using two big pots at a time, but I'd rather be outside with everyone
instead of being in the kitchen.

Any recommendations? I'll be using a 60-quart steamer a neighbor has.

Thanks.

--
The modern GOP is little more than an army of moral absolutists led by a
gang of moral nihilists.

Try to find one of those old twin burner Coleman Naptha stoves. Would
that be big enough?
I've used mine for sweet corn lots of times.

Problem has already been solved, had enough. What the el is a naptha stove?
HK HK is offline

Hadenough wrote:
On Jun 11, 12:45 pm, HK wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:40:02 -0400, HK wrote:
I have to buy (or rent, I guess) an outdoor propane burner for steaming
up a bushel or two of blue crabs, clams, oysters, et cetera for our
annual seafood tent party.
In past years, I have steamed up the shellfish on our kitchen gas range,
using two big pots at a time, but I'd rather be outside with everyone
instead of being in the kitchen.
Any recommendations? I'll be using a 60-quart steamer a neighbor has.
Thanks.
The burners they were selling with the turkey cooker setups are what
you want. Watch the garage sales and craigslist. These things show up
real cheap now and then. I suspect a lot were thrown away when the
"boil your turkey in oil" craze faded.

There's an idea. I'd only use it a couple times a year. I have a smaller
"indoor" crab and lobster steamer that's fine for the stovetop, although
the smell of shellfish cooking drives the cats crazy. If I had an
outdoor cooker, I could leave the smell from the shellfish...outdoors.

Never understood cooking turkey in oil when it is so easy to just roast
it in a pan in the oven, and avoid the grease and oil.

--
The modern GOP is little more than an army of moral absolutists led by a
gang of moral nihilists.

Funny as hell, watching the Dwarfs stumble over each other to
interject a nasty comment.....hahahahahahahaha

Not to worry; none of them are invited. I've been considering renting a
yard tent this year, what with all the damned rain.

"John H" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:54:20 -0400, jim7 wrote:

HK wrote:

I have to buy (or rent, I guess) an outdoor propane burner for steaming
up a bushel or two of blue crabs, clams, oysters, et cetera for our
annual seafood tent party.

In past years, I have steamed up the shellfish on our kitchen gas range,
using two big pots at a time, but I'd rather be outside with everyone
instead of being in the kitchen.

Any recommendations? I'll be using a 60-quart steamer a neighbor has.

Thanks.

I suggest you stay in the kitchen so your guests can enjoy themselves.

GMTA!
--
John H

Talk about Twiddle Dee & Twiddle Dumb!

"jim7" wrote in message
Hadenough wrote:
On Jun 11, 11:40 am, HK wrote:
I have to buy (or rent, I guess) an outdoor propane burner for steaming
up a bushel or two of blue crabs, clams, oysters, et cetera for our
annual seafood tent party.

In past years, I have steamed up the shellfish on our kitchen gas range,
using two big pots at a time, but I'd rather be outside with everyone
instead of being in the kitchen.

Any recommendations? I'll be using a 60-quart steamer a neighbor has.

Thanks.

--
The modern GOP is little more than an army of moral absolutists led by a
gang of moral nihilists.

Try to find one of those old twin burner Coleman Naptha stoves. Would
that be big enough?
I've used mine for sweet corn lots of times.

Problem has already been solved, had enough. What the el is a naptha
stove?

You've never heard of naptha gas?
Explains a lot!

HK HK is offline

HK wrote:
I have to buy (or rent, I guess) an outdoor propane burner for steaming
up a bushel or two of blue crabs, clams, oysters, et cetera for our
annual seafood tent party.

In past years, I have steamed up the shellfish on our kitchen gas range,
using two big pots at a time, but I'd rather be outside with everyone
instead of being in the kitchen.

Any recommendations? I'll be using a 60-quart steamer a neighbor has.

Thanks.

I suggest you stay in the kitchen so your guests can enjoy themselves.

GMTA!
--
John H

Talk about Twiddle Dee & Twiddle Dumb!

Imagine having a nice party with friends and trash like John H and
floridajim show up...

The surprising thing is that Herring's wife is a nice lady. How and why
she puts up with her trashy husband is beyond me.

Floridajim is married to his hand.

Don White wrote:
"jim7" wrote in message
Hadenough wrote:
On Jun 11, 11:40 am, HK wrote:
[...]

I haven't seen it in years. In Connecticut, it used to be called white
gas. Different from white gasoline, of course.

HK wrote:
Hadenough wrote:
On Jun 11, 12:45 pm, HK wrote:
wrote:
[...]

It's always good to have a yard tent at a seafood tent party.

HK wrote:

I have to buy (or rent, I guess) an outdoor propane burner for steaming
up a bushel or two of blue crabs, clams, oysters, et cetera for our
annual seafood tent party.

In past years, I have steamed up the shellfish on our kitchen gas range,
using two big pots at a time, but I'd rather be outside with everyone
instead of being in the kitchen.

Any recommendations? I'll be using a 60-quart steamer a neighbor has.

Thanks.

I suggest you stay in the kitchen so your guests can enjoy themselves.

GMTA!
--
John H

"BEND OVER - The 'change' is coming!"- Hide quoted text -

What's funny is that I know quite a lot about burners. I have two GOOD
ones. It takes a lot of power to heat 15 1/2 gallons of wort to a
rolling full boil. But, because Harry is such an asshole to everyone,
I wouldn't **** on his head if his hair was on fire!

HK wrote:

I have to buy (or rent, I guess) an outdoor propane burner for steaming
up a bushel or two of blue crabs, clams, oysters, et cetera for our
annual seafood tent party.

In past years, I have steamed up the shellfish on our kitchen gas range,
using two big pots at a time, but I'd rather be outside with everyone
instead of being in the kitchen.

Any recommendations? I'll be using a 60-quart steamer a neighbor has.

Thanks.

Yes, if you use a 1 qt pot, it will be more than enough shellfish for
all of your friends. Now based upon the size of those fat stubby
fingers, you could eat the all the shellfish in a 60qt pot, but it would
be better for your health if you didn't.

--
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in
no way are to be considered flaws or defects

On Jun 11, 1:36*pm, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:
HK wrote:

I have to buy (or rent, I guess) an outdoor propane burner for steaming
up a bushel or two of blue crabs, clams, oysters, et cetera for our
annual seafood tent party.

In past years, I have steamed up the shellfish on our kitchen gas range,
using two big pots at a time, but I'd rather be outside with everyone
instead of being in the kitchen.

Any recommendations? I'll be using a 60-quart steamer a neighbor has.

Thanks.

Yes, if you use a 1 qt pot, it will be more than enough shellfish for
all of your friends. * Now based upon the size of those fat stubby
fingers, you could eat the all the shellfish in a 60qt pot, but it would
be better for your health if you didn't.

--
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

snerk

Propane and propane accessories tom Cruising 6 November 1st 07 04:12 PM
gimbled burner TB Cruising 16 October 14th 04 07:32 AM
Gimbal for Single Burner Cooker De Clarke Cruising 7 March 30th 04 03:51 AM
py 26 rubrail cracking and burner alcohol replacement ideas Michael Droege ASA 3 February 24th 04 01:48 PM
FS: Kenyon Kerosene 3 Burner & Oven in California Tom Kunich Marketplace 0 October 18th 03 09:17 PM