jim7 jim7 is offline

Default Outdoor Propane Burner Recommendation?

HK wrote:
Hadenough wrote:
On Jun 11, 12:45 pm, HK wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:40:02 -0400, HK wrote:
I have to buy (or rent, I guess) an outdoor propane burner for
steaming
up a bushel or two of blue crabs, clams, oysters, et cetera for our
annual seafood tent party.
In past years, I have steamed up the shellfish on our kitchen gas
range,
using two big pots at a time, but I'd rather be outside with everyone
instead of being in the kitchen.
Any recommendations? I'll be using a 60-quart steamer a neighbor has.
Thanks.
The burners they were selling with the turkey cooker setups are what
you want. Watch the garage sales and craigslist. These things show up
real cheap now and then. I suspect a lot were thrown away when the
"boil your turkey in oil" craze faded.
There's an idea. I'd only use it a couple times a year. I have a smaller
"indoor" crab and lobster steamer that's fine for the stovetop, although
the smell of shellfish cooking drives the cats crazy. If I had an
outdoor cooker, I could leave the smell from the shellfish...outdoors.

Never understood cooking turkey in oil when it is so easy to just roast
it in a pan in the oven, and avoid the grease and oil.

--
The modern GOP is little more than an army of moral absolutists led by a
gang of moral nihilists.

Funny as hell, watching the Dwarfs stumble over each other to
interject a nasty comment.....hahahahahahahaha

Not to worry; none of them are invited. I've been considering renting a
yard tent this year, what with all the damned rain.

It's always good to have a yard tent at a seafood tent party.