Default Eastern Sierra - Mono Lake / Bodie

If anyone is interested here are a few photos from my trip to Eastern
Sierra.

Most of the photo were taken within the 2 hours of sunrise and sunset.
So I took many shots making changes in the exposure and white balance
to see how they turned out. In the past I had always used auto white
balance. Ken Rockwell suggest I play around with the the white balance
setting the Kelvin degrees manually By adjusting the white balance you
could achieve the same results photographers used to get from using
tinted filters when shooting with film.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/slideshow/568888240tlWOCk

RG RG is offline

"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq." wrote in message
news
If anyone is interested here are a few photos from my trip to Eastern
Sierra.

Most of the photo were taken within the 2 hours of sunrise and sunset. So
I took many shots making changes in the exposure and white balance to see
how they turned out. In the past I had always used auto white balance.
Ken Rockwell suggest I play around with the the white balance setting the
Kelvin degrees manually By adjusting the white balance you could achieve
the same results photographers used to get from using tinted filters when
shooting with film.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/slideshow/568888240tlWOCk

Outstanding. You were fortunate to have clouds for your visit. I had none
when I was there in June. Some of your shots were taken while standing in
the exact same location as some of my shots I sent you before your trip.
It's great seeing the differences in composition and lighting. Mono lake is
a terrific shooting location. I'd like to revisit when there are more
interesting skies on hand. I'd love to see more photos from other locations
on your trip, especially if they were posted where the EXIF data could be
reviewed. I always learn something from a good photo when I can see the
capture details. Where else did you get to go on your trip?

"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq." wrote in message
news
If anyone is interested here are a few photos from my trip to Eastern
Sierra.

Most of the photo were taken within the 2 hours of sunrise and sunset. So
I took many shots making changes in the exposure and white balance to see
how they turned out. In the past I had always used auto white balance.
Ken Rockwell suggest I play around with the the white balance setting the
Kelvin degrees manually By adjusting the white balance you could achieve
the same results photographers used to get from using tinted filters when
shooting with film.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/slideshow/568888240tlWOCk

Some really great photos.

On Nov 24, 4:21*pm, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:
If anyone is interested here are a few photos from my trip to Eastern
Sierra.

Most of the photo *were taken within the 2 hours of sunrise and sunset.
* *So I took many shots making changes in the exposure and white balance
to see how they turned out. *In the past I had always used auto white
balance. *Ken Rockwell suggest I play around with the the white balance
setting the Kelvin degrees manually *By adjusting the white balance you
could achieve the same results photographers used to get from using
tinted filters when shooting with film.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/slideshow/568888240tlWOCk

Bodie is an awesome place, good job!

RG wrote:
[...]

We went to Yosemite via Tioga Pass and Eastern Sierra including Mono
Lake, Twin Lake, Bodie and most of the area between Bridgeport (?) and
Mono Lake.

Do you have a photo posting site you like?

RG RG is offline

We went to Yosemite via Tioga Pass and Eastern Sierra including Mono Lake,
Twin Lake, Bodie and most of the area between Bridgeport (?) and Mono
Lake.

Do you have a photo posting site you like?

I've been meaning to build an online gallery for sometime now, but I never
seem to get around to it. I do occasionally post photos in the monthly
challenges in the landscape forum at Nikonians, but I've not built a gallery
of my own there. I did a little bit of research a while back on which site
I would be more inclined to use, and the one that interested me most was
Smugmug. Feel free to email any photos you might like to share. I'd be
happy to review them for you. I recently sent a whole boatload of mine to
Tom as reduced jpgs, and he's been giving very insightful commentary as he
has time.

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 16:21:33 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

If anyone is interested here are a few photos from my trip to Eastern
Sierra.

Most of the photo were taken within the 2 hours of sunrise and sunset.
So I took many shots making changes in the exposure and white balance
to see how they turned out. In the past I had always used auto white
balance. Ken Rockwell suggest I play around with the the white balance
setting the Kelvin degrees manually By adjusting the white balance you
could achieve the same results photographers used to get from using
tinted filters when shooting with film.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/slideshow/568888240tlWOCk

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for posting them.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"

"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq." wrote in message
news
If anyone is interested here are a few photos from my trip to Eastern
Sierra.

Most of the photo were taken within the 2 hours of sunrise and sunset. So
I took many shots making changes in the exposure and white balance to see
how they turned out. In the past I had always used auto white balance.
Ken Rockwell suggest I play around with the the white balance setting the
Kelvin degrees manually By adjusting the white balance you could achieve
the same results photographers used to get from using tinted filters when
shooting with film.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/slideshow/568888240tlWOCk

Wow!

Congratulations, they are simply breathtaking.

Eisboch

wrote:

http://outdoors.webshots.com/slideshow/568888240tlWOCk

That's interesting - Russ took a bunch of shots from exaclty the same
place as you did.

Not bad. They look a little grainy on review. I really like DSC-3615
though - that one has a lot to recommend it. I like precise shots
like that - nice and sharp with plenty to look at. That funeral
parlor shot is a good one, although the blue is a little distracting.

If I was forced to make one comment, I might say that you need to make
what works for you in your candid shots, work for you in these
situations - it's not really coming through - at least for me.

Nice job - not quite as good as your previous work, but not bad at
all.