Default Eastern Sierra - Mono Lake / Bodie

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 09:34:44 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 07:45:41 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

akheel wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq." wrote in
news
If anyone is interested here are a few photos from my trip to Eastern
Sierra.

Most of the photo were taken within the 2 hours of sunrise and sunset.
So I took many shots making changes in the exposure and white
balance
to see how they turned out. In the past I had always used auto white
balance. Ken Rockwell suggest I play around with the the white balance
setting the Kelvin degrees manually By adjusting the white balance you
could achieve the same results photographers used to get from using
tinted filters when shooting with film.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/slideshow/568888240tlWOCk

The coffin in the window brought back memories. I used to hang in the
Eastern Sierra in the summer as a teen. Visited Bridgeport/Monolake area
several times, Bodie once. While I was in Bodie took virtually that exact
same photo (on film of course; developed in my own darkroom). Must be
something about coffins. I also liked the old gas pump. Still there?
It probably looks exactly the same way as when you were there. They
have kept the town in a state of arrested decay. They have the old fire
truck in front of two old gas pumps.

Fine, so when are you coming up to DC? Looks like we're going to be here
another year in hopes the housing market improves.

If you can talk Harry into taking us for a spin in his boat with the
heated cabin, I am up tomorrow.

Seriously, I have promised my wife that the next photo trip is her
choice. She is really into wildlife and nature, and she is talking
about a trip to the Okefenokee Swamp. Me, I would love to go to
Washington DC and do a series of photos of the people looking at the
monuments and capturing their emotions. As Tom has pointed out, I
really do enjoy photographing people.

Well, in the Okefenokee you'll have to put up with lots of poisonous
snakes, accidentally-released pythons, alligators, humongous mosquitos, and
hot weather.

Up here you'll have to put up with the liberals infesting the area inside
the beltway.

I'll join you in the swamps!
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"

wrote:

akheel wrote:
[...]

PS. We do have the national zoo, you know.

wrote:

akheel wrote:
[...]

LOL, it would be safer. Well you and your wife really need to take a
spin down south. The MOS are only a problem in the summer, you just
need to go out in the early spring and it is beautiful weather.

wrote:

akheel wrote:
[...]

Don't most people just refer to it as The Congress?

wrote:

akheel wrote:
[...]

The Army sent me for my bachelors at University of Tampa. Plus, my dad was
stationed at MacDill AFB when I was in second grade, plus I worked for a
couple years as a surveyor at Cape Canaveral. I've done my southern time.
Oh, I almost forgot my nine months at Fort Benning, GA!