RG RG is offline

Default Eastern Sierra - Mono Lake / Bodie

"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq." wrote in message
news
If anyone is interested here are a few photos from my trip to Eastern
Sierra.

Most of the photo were taken within the 2 hours of sunrise and sunset. So
I took many shots making changes in the exposure and white balance to see
how they turned out. In the past I had always used auto white balance.
Ken Rockwell suggest I play around with the the white balance setting the
Kelvin degrees manually By adjusting the white balance you could achieve
the same results photographers used to get from using tinted filters when
shooting with film.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/slideshow/568888240tlWOCk

Outstanding. You were fortunate to have clouds for your visit. I had none
when I was there in June. Some of your shots were taken while standing in
the exact same location as some of my shots I sent you before your trip.
It's great seeing the differences in composition and lighting. Mono lake is
a terrific shooting location. I'd like to revisit when there are more
interesting skies on hand. I'd love to see more photos from other locations
on your trip, especially if they were posted where the EXIF data could be
reviewed. I always learn something from a good photo when I can see the
capture details. Where else did you get to go on your trip?