Bob Bob is offline

Default "underpaid" teachers

On Jan 6, 10:48*pm, WaIIy wrote:

Uhhh, you get four months off a year.

I wish..............

Try this. I had a 195 day contract.
The typical joe works 5days/week/year.
52 x 5 = 260 days

260 joe blow - 195 teacher = teachers get 65 days off more than joe
blow.
Okay in Oregon a teacher is REQUIRED to get a master degree with in
five years and we are suppose to get that when?????? So the teacher
spends all that time....... "four months off" which is actually only
65 days less than a 40 hr/week burger flipper, scrambling for classes.
O, no university in your back yard. Thats okay you can dive a few
hudnerd miles a week or abandon your family to live in a dorm and if
your really lucky the school district MIGHT pay for 50% of the cost.

I say, You get what you pay for.
Why should anybody be a teacher when ya get **** for pay and have to
listen to all the republican **** in the press.
Bob

---------
Bob Bob is offline

On Jan 6, 10:48 pm, WaIIy wrote:

Another though............................................ ..
you have blue collar, white collar, and pink collar
jobs.................... The fact still remans that women make $0.72 -
$0.78 to a mans dollar. Why : to quote james Brown. "its a mans
world!"

Not true for the same job. That's a fallacy.

Sorry, but go talk to the US Bureau of Labor and Statistics. Unless
you believe the dems are so powerful they been dopin the stats for the
last 30 years. Just another fallacious argument by Limbaugh. Teachers
are a great example. Wage surveys say given everything the same a male
elementary teacher makes more than a woman elementary teacher. Why....?
That is where the problems start; interpreting the findings. Lots at
play here. However, I got a an "incentive" step raise cause males in
lower elementary are needed." Guess I had the right equipment to do
the job. Wonder what that cute 24 year old girl thought when I got
more bucks for the same job just cause I had a dick.

Getting people to believe the crap Limbaugh (GOP) says is a pretty
simply rhetorical strategy. Just look up and say, the sky is purple.
When enough people say the sky is purple its true....uh, sorta.

If you say something loud enough and long enough a voter will believe
anything.

Another good example is Environmentalist. An environmentalist is not a
wako tree hugging baby dipper doper commie. But lots of republicans
want you to believe that. I wonder why??

Another great way to get change (persuasion) is using inductive
reasoning. That is, "you can get a person to swallow an elephant if
you feed it to him one bite at a time."
Bob

Default Red Cloud Abandoned!

Sir Thomas of Cannondale wrote:
Do I have this right? A guy named "Joe" is out sailing with 5 tons cargo of
coffee beans?

Flying the flag of Java too.
Bob Bob is offline

On Jan 7, 7:31*am, Dave wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 04:38:21 -0000, (Jonathan Ganz)
said:

Perhaps, but the vast majority are underpaid and do a great job. Sorry you had some bad experiences!

On the contrary, my own experiences have been pretty good. But that's in
large part because I didn't have to put up with a totally inadequate public
school system. Unfortunately, I see the results of the system too often
around me, however.

Ya your right. The public school system does have a hard time doing a
good job..........
Garbage in ..... garbage out......

Ya get a kid that has two parents, family makes a decent wage, has
heath care, no smoking in the house, kid goes to bed with a parent
reading a bed time book and gets 8-10 hours sleep, has real food to
eat.... hell thoes kids dont need teaching they just need a teacher to
guide thme along to become an independent life long learner.

If public shcools are so ****ty put your kids in a PRIVATE SCHOOL and
then shell out $30-50,000/ year in tuition! YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
The private sector education guys have it right............ charge an
arm and a leg and if the kid cant speak english or has a single mom
that does meth with one of her boyfriends just kick the kid out.

When I taught 2nd grade I had 28 kids............. 3 were white, one
black, three spoke zero english. I put bilingual kids on each side of
the non english kid to interpret my instructions/lessons. What third
world country was this????? Three hour drive from Portland, OR.

I dare you to volunteer in a public school room. Go be a BOOK BUDDY in
an elementary classroom for 30 min a week. Do it for six weeks. Then
lets talk. Other wise ya just blown **** out your ass.

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 04:35:24 -0000, lid (Jonathan Ganz)
said:

In my world, there's a relationship between how much you pay someone and
the quality of the person doing the work.

So how is it that with the massive increases in the amounts being spent on
education the quality of the output has continued to decline?

I didn't realize we gave the teacher's unions an increase in pay!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Dave" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 11:52:24 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

I didn't realize we gave the teacher's unions an increase in pay!

Ya oughta expand your reading horizons. You're not gonna find it on the
moveon.org web site.

http://www.nationalreview.com/commen...eene052203.asp

So you're claiming that the union was paid more? Or, perhaps you're
complaining about school lunch programs.

Ummm... I think you need to re-read your article.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 11:56:23 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

School system doesn't equal teachers in total. There are lots of problems
with the school system. The teachers are generally underpaid and not
typically part of the problem.

Hey, I know that refrain: "It's the other guy's fault."

?? Who's the "other guy" in what I wrote?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 14:32:35 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

School system doesn't equal teachers in total. There are lots of
problems
with the school system. The teachers are generally underpaid and not
typically part of the problem.

Hey, I know that refrain: "It's the other guy's fault."

?? Who's the "other guy" in what I wrote?

You tell me. Who is causing the "lots of problems?" Taxpayers not throwing
enough money?

The structure of the program as screwed up over the many decades. A "who"
doesn't have to be the cause of a problem. Taxpayers throwing money is also
incorrect... it's the evil Democrats, *except* this administration and the
previous Congress have been the absolute worst... throwing money away like
drunken sailors. Vote for change. Vote for Huckabee or Obama.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 17:25:20 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:
Snippo
Vote for Huckabee or Obama.

This has **** all to do with boats or cruising. Kindly send it