Armond Perretta

Default Useful gadgets

Dave wrote:
"Armond Perretta" said:
Dave wrote ...
Armond wrote ...
Dave wrote:
"Armond Perretta" said
Dave wrote:
Armond wrote:

Any person who regularly operates ... without radar in ...
decreased visibility (and I include ... darkness in this
category) is ... taking the position that "its up to the
other guy to avoid me."

As to darkness, nonsense. That's why vessels have running
lights.

When was the last time you saw a rock with running lights ... ?

When was the last time you saw a submerged [sic] rock on radar?

Who said anything about "submerged"?

I did. To make a point. Rather effective, no?

It is left as an exercise for the reader to determine the
effectives of this form of logic ...

[All but Kerry can safely ignore the following, as I'm sure you
understood it the first time around.] For Kerry here's the Dick and
Jane version.

Monosyllabic words do not strengthen a fallacious argument, "Dave," but your
ad hominem attack style is quite good. At least a B+ (an A- had you
correctly identified the individual under attack).

BTW, how did you get "x no archive" disguised in the header? Clever.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat

JAXAshby

no, shun, I do know what I said. I just grew tired of repeating it for your
feeble mind. It is up to you to learn, no up to me to hammer something into
your mind against your wishes.

shun, you are babbling. Go back and reread the posts. Like Ragu, it's in
there.

That pretty well sums it up. You don't know what he said, don't understand
what
he said, and obviously know nothing about radar observing.
BTW, he was not talking about flat calm seas and was talking about radar you
would have on a recreational boat, as was Steve.
The only one babbling here is you, but, that's all you've ever done or will
do,
in these groups.

Shen

Subject: Useful gadgets
From: (JAXAshby)
Date: 01/28/2004 11:13 Pacific Standard Time
hey shun, he only *thinks* he is talking about water with seas, but he is
not.
He is, in fact, talking about flat water. That he is ignorant of that

fact
in
no way changes that fact.

LOL Which is it, you don't know enough about or have used radar enough to
understand how one might see a reef line or a low lying (or even awash)

rock,
on radar with a sea running? Or are you assuming that since it's beyond
you're
limited knowledge, it's impossible and can't be happening?

Shen

Armond Perretta

Armond Perretta wrote:

... how did you get "x no archive" disguised in the header? ...

I think this works:

http://www.windows-help.net/windows95/oe-24.shtml

Rosalie, are you watching?

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat
http://kerrydeare.home.comcast.net/

Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:36:25 -0500, Matt Colie
wrote:

Think about the binocs with bearing compass again.
They work both ways -
By which I mean,
you can get a bearing if you are force to actually navigate (some I do
by either force of habit of five+ decades on the water or maybe even
genetic), or
if you should be looking for something that the little box says
is at such bearing and eyes can't pull it out of the dark or haze - grab
the binocs and go to the bearing - usually - once I have found it the
first time it is easy the next.

Matt Colie A.Sloop "Bonne Ide'e"
Lifelong Waterman, Licensed Mariner and Congenital Sailor

Indeed a useful thing. We have used a compass/7X50 for over 20 years.
Wouldn't be without it.
Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the
simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.
- Richard Dawkins, "Viruses of the Mind"