Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default Useful gadgets

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:36:25 -0500, Matt Colie
wrote:

Think about the binocs with bearing compass again.
They work both ways -
By which I mean,
you can get a bearing if you are force to actually navigate (some I do
by either force of habit of five+ decades on the water or maybe even
genetic), or
if you should be looking for something that the little box says
is at such bearing and eyes can't pull it out of the dark or haze - grab
the binocs and go to the bearing - usually - once I have found it the
first time it is easy the next.

Matt Colie A.Sloop "Bonne Ide'e"
Lifelong Waterman, Licensed Mariner and Congenital Sailor

Indeed a useful thing. We have used a compass/7X50 for over 20 years.
Wouldn't be without it.
Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the
simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.
- Richard Dawkins, "Viruses of the Mind"