posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Default Pround Mac26X owner again

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 08:59:33 -0400, "Ed Gordon"
wrote:

Thanks but no thanks. Those names are stupid sounding.

Sorry, I was trying to think of "descriptive" names for a small boat
not built for blue water sailing but out there anyway.

"Miss Tayke"

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 21:04:03 -0500, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

Sorry, I was trying to think of "descriptive" names for a small boat
not built for blue water sailing but out there anyway.

"Miss Tayke"

Heh, good one.
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Bob Bob is offline

On Jul 1, 1:21 pm, "Ed Gordon" wrote:
Well, I did it. I'm now the proud re-owner of a Mac 26X and a fine one
she is if I must say so myself. I got her at a real bargain basement
price, yes siree! Before I launch her for the first time I've got a
couple things I want to do. First is to rename her. I don't like the
present name at all.

I'm torn between a couple of different names.

1) Symbiosis (comment on how well sail and power are built into one
boat)
2) Sea's Son (double entendre)
3) Sensibility (descriptive)
4) Plaid Power (rather Scottish a compliment on MacGregor, I guess he's
Scottish)

What one do you think is best?

Dont forget the ever popular:

Blow Job
Wet Spot
Breakin WInd

etc..............

Bob

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

"Ed Gordon" wrote in message

I've got it down
to between "Senseless" or "Stupidity".
I think either of these two names fit a Mac26X

it says more about the sailor, than the boat.

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

As long as we are casting about for names, I was/am considering
"Surprise." I read about U.S.S. Surprise in an article about the
Tacoma class U.S. Navy vessels and liked the name. This was many many
years before before I had seen or read the fine Patrick O'Brian
novels. Some will surely comment on a lack of originality, but I
have come to the conclusion that if I like the name, that's all that
really matters. Perhaps its it is a succinct homily on the required
ability needed to make impromptu boat repairs.

Blue skies,

John

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

"John" wrote in message
ups.com...
As long as we are casting about for names, I was/am considering
"Surprise." I read about U.S.S. Surprise in an article about the
Tacoma class U.S. Navy vessels and liked the name. This was many many
years before before I had seen or read the fine Patrick O'Brian
novels. Some will surely comment on a lack of originality, but I
have come to the conclusion that if I like the name, that's all that
really matters. Perhaps its it is a succinct homily on the required
ability needed to make impromptu boat repairs.

Blue skies,

John

Of course, anyone hailing you will sound like Gomer Pyle...

"Surprise, surprise, surprise! This is Gomer, over."

John wrote:
As long as we are casting about for names, I was/am considering
"Surprise." I read about U.S.S. Surprise in an article about the
Tacoma class U.S. Navy vessels and liked the name. This was many many
years before before I had seen or read the fine Patrick O'Brian
novels. Some will surely comment on a lack of originality, but I
have come to the conclusion that if I like the name, that's all that
really matters. Perhaps its it is a succinct homily on the required
ability needed to make impromptu boat repairs.

Blue skies,

John

Aw, no fair.
I'm saving that one for my next boat...

Richard
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

I hate to confuse you with semantics, but you might want to look up
the precise meaning of "symbiosis". Does not apply.

I thought "this end up" was a good suggestion for a boat that needs
awareness of how much ballast is where at any given point in time.
(Depending on your sense of humor, sure not if you are superstitious.)

If you intend to support your statements on the Ocean Crossing
capabilities of the McGregor, I would suggest "Vera". (Latin for
"True".) True Sailboat, True motorboat, true Blue Water Sailer, you
say. Also seen in literature as a boats name, check it out.

On Jul 5, 5:59 am, "Ed Gordon" wrote:
"Wayne.B" wrote in message

Thanks but no thanks. Those names are stupid sounding. I've got it down
to between "Sensibility" or "Symbiosis". People who give a boat a joke
name end up being a joke themselves. I want my boat to have a respectful
name. I think either of these two names fit a Mac26X and show respect
too.

I just wrote a post that smacked down Bobsprit. Ever notice the stupid
sounding names he puts on his boats? Circus side show stuff. Stuff that
don't make a lick of sense. Stuff that if he had to say it on the VHF to
get pulled off when he ran aground that would embarrass him to death.
Well, maybe not him but somebody with a brain for sure would be
embarrassed all the way.

Cheers,
Ed Gordon

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

wrote in message
oups.com..
..

If you intend to support your statements on the Ocean

Crossing
capabilities of the McGregor, I would suggest "Vera".

(Latin for
"True".)

what's Latin for ''POS that doesn't belong on the ocean''?

SV