posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Default Hi! I'm back!

This isn't Alt.liveaboards.ASA.

SV

"katysails" wrote in message
Hey...now you, me and Barbie are all liveaboards...how about

that?

"Seahag" wrote in message
Welcome back! Group can't have too many liveaboards!

Seahag

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katysails

brAT..I hear you have a new friend...

"Scotty" wrote in message
you were gone?

Scotty

wrote in message
Hey, everyone. You have all sure been busy posting away here

while I was
incommunicado. We finally got phone service established here

on our boat,
so I'm back to normal emailing. Oh, yeah...I forgot to

mention...we are now
living aboard Chanteuse, escaping the cold winter up in MI

(they've already
had 6 inches of snow and expect 6" nore tonight...too bad, so

sad). Right
now we're in the Pamlico Sound area (some of you know where

exactly...).
We're just taking life esasy for right now and staying away

from going out
into the Atlantic....the weather off Cape Hatteras to Cape Fear

is
frightening....45-50 knots with 20 foot waves. Not what I want

my first
encounter with the Atlantic to be! We've met a bunch of lovely

people,
including one Doug and Kathy King, who are great folks,

interesting to talk
to, and enjoyable to be with. Have also met some friends of

Michael Ortin's
(Schoonertrash) who sail in this area who are very pleasant

people too.
Chopper likes living aboard except that we're always having to

ask him to
move since the aft cabin has become the closet/storage area.

He was a bit
put out at first that we had usurped "his" room for such

mundane stuff as
the printer, clothes, and accesoroes. We are now official

liveabords since
we installed the requisite blue tarp over our boom when we had

a downpour
yesterday...sure makes a difference not having the rain come

pouring down
the hatch. We're also shopping for a new mainsail before

taking off to do
any serious cruising. Haven't decided whether we're going to

go north or
south yet. Plenty of time to decide that later. For right

now, we like it
here and there's lots to explore and lots of places to sail to

in the
vicinity. I brought my fishing gear with me and on a warmer

day will go out
to the beach to surf fish. I caught a 1.5# crappe off the dock

the other
day and cooked it up for dinner. So, that's where I've been

and am....good
to be back.

katy

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

wrote in message
[...]

Welcome to where you are. And welcome back. Things have been a bit more
civil here lately, with the absence of the flonkers. Maybe I've just
killfiled 'em all--I really don't know, but they're gone as far as I'm
concerned.

Have the mussels at Capt. Ratty's--highly recommended.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message
The house is still there...for now....we're just toying with retirement
and
looking at a bunch of possibilities and I am exceedingly tired of winters
in
MI. We had Chanteuse trucked down here...used American Boat Transport
which
I will recommend to anyone needing a boat shipped. They were reasonable,
on
time, and the boat arrived intact. The boat yard we launched from had an
inexperienced kid, though, who thought boats drive like cars and he ended
up
smashing one stanchion and bending another..they are t a welding shop
getting fixed..all in all a small thing considering...fortunately, I was
on
the boat and immediately gave him a katy earful about how to back a fin
keel
boat...

Forgot to mention--a friend saw your boat leaving town. I told him where it
was going--hope you don't mind. He doesn't post here.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

\\I will...we're going out to Oceacoke this weekend...the Right Whales
are

supposed to be swimming around out there

Correct. The Left ones just tend to flounder about with no sense of purpose
or direction. g

and I'm hoping to get some pictures
of them, too, plus some pictures of Cape Hatteras light....

Watch for the ghost of Edward Teach on Ocracoke.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
k.net...
I bet that low cabin ceiling is rough on the beehive.

Low cabin ceiling?????You got the wrong boat, there, Bob...my beehive,
although not as impressive as Marge Simpson's, is doing just fine...

Did you see any alligators yet?

No, but there is supposedly one living down the river from here according
a lady at the bank...

Keep an eye on the dog. I'm told a dog or two become dinner for the gators
now and then.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message
Peter,
Please email me your sb addy...I'm using my infernal inferior laptop and
don't have it.

If it will make you feel any better, we're in the midst of a lake-effect
snow here, with a clipper system due in tomorrow. Nightly temps are
supposed to be low teens or single digits. Enjoy NC.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jonathan Ganz

In article et,
Maxprop wrote:
Welcome to where you are. And welcome back. Things have been a bit more
civil here lately, with the absence of the flonkers. Maybe I've just
killfiled 'em all--I really don't know, but they're gone as far as I'm
concerned.

It's amazing, actually.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Carribean Sail Don White General 16 November 18th 05 01:23 AM
Throughhull with back flow preventer? Glenn Ashmore Boat Building 13 November 5th 05 08:06 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM