posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jonathan Ganz

Default Hi! I'm back!

In article et,
Maxprop wrote:

"katysails" wrote in message
Peter,
Please email me your sb addy...I'm using my infernal inferior laptop and
don't have it.

If it will make you feel any better, we're in the midst of a lake-effect
snow here, with a clipper system due in tomorrow. Nightly temps are
supposed to be low teens or single digits. Enjoy NC.

I've forgotten Max... where are you located?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Maxprop" wrote in

Have the mussels at Capt. Ratt's--highly recommended.

Much better than the Rats at Capt. Mussels, so I hear.

SV

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

Sounds like Overproof weather all right. The Gulf Stream may add the
cornholious effect to make things interesting. 20 ft breaking steep waves is
one thing... combine that with 40ft swells and add a new dimension!

They pull drags & trawls in those conditions up here. I have friends who
shuck scallops in worse weather. They go out a month at a time in 40 ft
boats.

Has your friend referenced the pilot charts for this season? Not heading
North I take it :-)

CM

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message ...

"Capt.Mooron" wrote
Hi Kitty....

wrote in message
We're just taking life esasy for right now and staying away from going
out
into the Atlantic....the weather off Cape Hatteras to Cape Fear is
frightening....45-50 knots with 20 foot waves. Not what I want my first
encounter with the Atlantic to be!

Oh come on now.... come up here and we'll do some of that weather in
Overproof..... it's a sail in serenity. We won't even take green water in
those conditions.

Weather forecasters are predicting steep breaking
waves in the Gulf Stream and roll-over conditions
for boats under 40'.

One friend of mine has been waiting for a weather
window for weeks and plans to leave Saturday.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

I wouldn't worry too much about pirates. They
all have sunken chests--even Blackbeard.

"Maxprop" wrote

Watch for the ghost of Edward Teach on Ocracoke.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article et,
Maxprop wrote:

"katysails" wrote in message
Peter,
Please email me your sb addy...I'm using my infernal inferior laptop and
don't have it.

If it will make you feel any better, we're in the midst of a lake-effect
snow here, with a clipper system due in tomorrow. Nightly temps are
supposed to be low teens or single digits. Enjoy NC.

I've forgotten Max... where are you located?

Near Lake Michigan.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in

Have the mussels at Capt. Ratt's--highly recommended.

Much better than the Rats at Capt. Mussels, so I hear.

Yeah, but she might be interested in the captains at Muscle Ratty's.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Peter Wiley

Congrats. I'm outa here in another few days. Drop me a line at my
shipboard addy when you have time.

PDW

In article ,
wrote:

Hey, everyone. You have all sure been busy posting away here while I was
incommunicado. We finally got phone service established here on our boat,
so I'm back to normal emailing. Oh, yeah...I forgot to mention...we are now
living aboard Chanteuse, escaping the cold winter up in MI (they've already
had 6 inches of snow and expect 6" nore tonight...too bad, so sad). Right
now we're in the Pamlico Sound area (some of you know where exactly...).
We're just taking life esasy for right now and staying away from going out
into the Atlantic....the weather off Cape Hatteras to Cape Fear is
frightening....45-50 knots with 20 foot waves. Not what I want my first
encounter with the Atlantic to be! We've met a bunch of lovely people,
including one Doug and Kathy King, who are great folks, interesting to talk
to, and enjoyable to be with. Have also met some friends of Michael Ortin's
(Schoonertrash) who sail in this area who are very pleasant people too.
Chopper likes living aboard except that we're always having to ask him to
move since the aft cabin has become the closet/storage area. He was a bit
put out at first that we had usurped "his" room for such mundane stuff as
the printer, clothes, and accesoroes. We are now official liveabords since
we installed the requisite blue tarp over our boom when we had a downpour
yesterday...sure makes a difference not having the rain come pouring down
the hatch. We're also shopping for a new mainsail before taking off to do
any serious cruising. Haven't decided whether we're going to go north or
south yet. Plenty of time to decide that later. For right now, we like it
here and there's lots to explore and lots of places to sail to in the
vicinity. I brought my fishing gear with me and on a warmer day will go out
to the beach to surf fish. I caught a 1.5# crappe off the dock the other
day and cooked it up for dinner. So, that's where I've been and am....good
to be back.

katy

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Martin Baxter

Seahag wrote:

Welcome back! Group can't have too many liveaboards!

Seahag

Now if only they all had sticks! ;-)

Cheers
Marty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Oh, yeah...I forgot to mention...we are now
living aboard Chanteuse,

Hey, katy...you can't live aboard a 32 foot monohull according to Jeff.
You need a PDQ or something like that! But don't get air conditioning.
Nothing rarely used belongs on a boat. That's why we're getting rid of
all of our safety gear and Jeff is dumping his sails and mast.

Robert B
35s5
NY

Carribean Sail Don White General 16 November 18th 05 01:23 AM
Throughhull with back flow preventer? Glenn Ashmore Boat Building 13 November 5th 05 08:06 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM