posted to alt.sailing.asa
katysails

Default Hi! I'm back!

brAT..I hear you have a new friend...

"Scotty" wrote in message
you were gone?

Scotty

wrote in message
Hey, everyone. You have all sure been busy posting away here

while I was
incommunicado. We finally got phone service established here

on our boat,
so I'm back to normal emailing. Oh, yeah...I forgot to

mention...we are now
living aboard Chanteuse, escaping the cold winter up in MI

(they've already
had 6 inches of snow and expect 6" nore tonight...too bad, so

sad). Right
now we're in the Pamlico Sound area (some of you know where

exactly...).
We're just taking life esasy for right now and staying away

from going out
into the Atlantic....the weather off Cape Hatteras to Cape Fear

is
frightening....45-50 knots with 20 foot waves. Not what I want

my first
encounter with the Atlantic to be! We've met a bunch of lovely

people,
including one Doug and Kathy King, who are great folks,

interesting to talk
to, and enjoyable to be with. Have also met some friends of

Michael Ortin's
(Schoonertrash) who sail in this area who are very pleasant

people too.
Chopper likes living aboard except that we're always having to

ask him to
move since the aft cabin has become the closet/storage area.

He was a bit
put out at first that we had usurped "his" room for such

mundane stuff as
the printer, clothes, and accesoroes. We are now official

liveabords since
we installed the requisite blue tarp over our boom when we had

a downpour
yesterday...sure makes a difference not having the rain come

pouring down
the hatch. We're also shopping for a new mainsail before

taking off to do
any serious cruising. Haven't decided whether we're going to

go north or
south yet. Plenty of time to decide that later. For right

now, we like it
here and there's lots to explore and lots of places to sail to

in the
vicinity. I brought my fishing gear with me and on a warmer

day will go out
to the beach to surf fish. I caught a 1.5# crappe off the dock

the other
day and cooked it up for dinner. So, that's where I've been

and am....good
to be back.

katy