posted to alt.sailing.asa
katysails

Default Hi! I'm back!

Heh.....so sorry.....so very very sorry....my daughter keeps me informed of
just how much snow has fallen in our backyard...says it's very pretty but
since I have seen it for the past 25 years there, I guess it will have to be
pretty all on it's ownsome...

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"katysails" wrote in message
Peter,
Please email me your sb addy...I'm using my infernal inferior laptop and
don't have it.

If it will make you feel any better, we're in the midst of a lake-effect
snow here, with a clipper system due in tomorrow. Nightly temps are
supposed to be low teens or single digits. Enjoy NC.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katysails

Mussels and me don't agree anyway....the grilled tuna, however, is
excellnt...

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in

Have the mussels at Capt. Ratt's--highly recommended.

Much better than the Rats at Capt. Mussels, so I hear.

SV

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katysails

Yeah, well, I have friends who do strange things, too but that doesn't mean
I have to follow suit. You just go on out there and have fun for me.

"Capt.Mooron" wrote in message
Sounds like Overproof weather all right. The Gulf Stream may add the
cornholious effect to make things interesting. 20 ft breaking steep waves

is
one thing... combine that with 40ft swells and add a new dimension!

They pull drags & trawls in those conditions up here. I have friends who
shuck scallops in worse weather. They go out a month at a time in 40 ft
boats.

Has your friend referenced the pilot charts for this season? Not heading
North I take it :-)

CM

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message ...

"Capt.Mooron" wrote
Hi Kitty....

wrote in message
We're just taking life esasy for right now and staying away from going
out
into the Atlantic....the weather off Cape Hatteras to Cape Fear is
frightening....45-50 knots with 20 foot waves. Not what I want my

first
encounter with the Atlantic to be!

Oh come on now.... come up here and we'll do some of that weather in
Overproof..... it's a sail in serenity. We won't even take green water

in
those conditions.

Weather forecasters are predicting steep breaking
waves in the Gulf Stream and roll-over conditions
for boats under 40'.

One friend of mine has been waiting for a weather
window for weeks and plans to leave Saturday.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katysails

Low blow, Marty....she'll git you for that one...

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message
Seahag wrote:

Welcome back! Group can't have too many liveaboards!

Seahag

Now if only they all had sticks! ;-)

Cheers
Marty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katysails

Horizontal sails? A new concept...

Seahag wrote:

"Martin Baxter" wrote:
Seahag wrote:

"Martin Baxter" wrote:
Seahag wrote:

Welcome back! Group can't have too many liveaboards!

Now if only they all had sticks! ;-)

I HAVE sticks, they're just not on the boat yet!8^p~~~~

Is Mr. Hag using them as some sort of camera boom? ;-o

Heh heh, I think the rigger is using them to dry his wash!

Oh well, that's pretty close to hanging canvas on them!

Cheers
Marty

------------ And now a word from our sponsor ----------------------
For a quality mail server, try SurgeMail, easy to install,
fast, efficient and reliable. Run a million users on a standard
PC running NT or Unix without running out of power, use the best!
---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgemail.htm ----

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katysails

As long as it was a friend of mine too....

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"katysails" wrote in message
The house is still there...for now....we're just toying with retirement
and
looking at a bunch of possibilities and I am exceedingly tired of

winters
in
MI. We had Chanteuse trucked down here...used American Boat Transport
which
I will recommend to anyone needing a boat shipped. They were

reasonable,
on
time, and the boat arrived intact. The boat yard we launched from had

an
inexperienced kid, though, who thought boats drive like cars and he

ended
up
smashing one stanchion and bending another..they are t a welding shop
getting fixed..all in all a small thing considering...fortunately, I was
on
the boat and immediately gave him a katy earful about how to back a fin
keel
boat...

Forgot to mention--a friend saw your boat leaving town. I told him where

it
was going--hope you don't mind. He doesn't post here.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katysails

Stuff that's in the aft cabin is bath towels, bedding, the snorkel gear for
both of us, and a 12 string guitar....can't see where I would ditch any of
it....and I hate biminis...had one on the O'Day and was nothing but a
problem and one more thiong we'd have to dosmantle in really bad
weather...tarps are cheap and we're not leaving it up indefinitely, only
when we need it...and no, our boat is a sloop...standard rig and would look
very peculiar with a wheelhouse....
thanks, though, if you ever want any tips on where they're having sales on
Rustoleum, I can be of help..

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
Congrats on moving aboard. Soon you will find out that all the junk
filling you aft cabin is just that and will slowley let go of stuff. So
happy for you that you made the move aboard and out of the polar
regions.

Is your boat a center cockpit? Ketch?

Might consider a bimini, those blue tarps suck big time, just wait a
week until it's starts coming apart. Your MrSails is a genious he can
build you a wheelhouse, Its like another cabin, and become the favored
place during storms ect to enjoy the view.

If you need any liveaboard tips feel free to ask:0)

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

I'm going to be painting the cabins and decks soon. will need 3 gallons
of white Rustoleum. Where is it on sale?

Thanks
Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message
"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"katysails" wrote in message
[...]

I believe he's an IRS agent, or something like that. g

Max

Carribean Sail Don White General 16 November 18th 05 01:23 AM
Throughhull with back flow preventer? Glenn Ashmore Boat Building 13 November 5th 05 08:06 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM