posted to alt.sailing.asa
katysails

Default Hi! I'm back!

Yeah, well, I have friends who do strange things, too but that doesn't mean
I have to follow suit. You just go on out there and have fun for me.

"Capt.Mooron" wrote in message
Sounds like Overproof weather all right. The Gulf Stream may add the
cornholious effect to make things interesting. 20 ft breaking steep waves

is
one thing... combine that with 40ft swells and add a new dimension!

They pull drags & trawls in those conditions up here. I have friends who
shuck scallops in worse weather. They go out a month at a time in 40 ft
boats.

Has your friend referenced the pilot charts for this season? Not heading
North I take it :-)

CM

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message ...

"Capt.Mooron" wrote
Hi Kitty....

wrote in message
We're just taking life esasy for right now and staying away from going
out
into the Atlantic....the weather off Cape Hatteras to Cape Fear is
frightening....45-50 knots with 20 foot waves. Not what I want my

first
encounter with the Atlantic to be!

Oh come on now.... come up here and we'll do some of that weather in
Overproof..... it's a sail in serenity. We won't even take green water

in
those conditions.

Weather forecasters are predicting steep breaking
waves in the Gulf Stream and roll-over conditions
for boats under 40'.

One friend of mine has been waiting for a weather
window for weeks and plans to leave Saturday.