Default Kitchen Carpentry 101

On Jun 11, 1:00 am, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"JimH" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
thlink.net...

"JimH" wrote in message
. ..

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
thlink.net...

"Don White" wrote in message
. ..

"basskisser" wrote in message
legroups.com...
On Jun 10, 2:49 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

et...

"HK" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 12:49:25 -0400, HK
wrote:

Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.
Not too shabby.

Looks great.

Seems as if the cabinet or the part under it over the
refrigerator is
askew. And why didn't you get an under cabinet microwave? They
have
built in filters for recirculating the air from the fan. And if
it is
your office or hideaway, I would think you fit in well in San
Francisco
with those tea cups and pitchers on the dustcatcher shelves.

Either your eyes are askew or you are not used to the distortion
semiwide angle lens can impart to angles. I didn't get an
undercounter
microwave because I didn't want one. How's that? The "tea cups
and
pitchers" are part of my wife's collection of whatever the hell
that
stuff is called.

Now, you can get back to your day job of painting garages.

Bill get a promotion? Good for him.

I can afford better than a cheapo lease Ranger in my retirement.
Maybe you
needed better skills.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, what with your handyman job and all.

Poor Bill. If he had a head on that pencil neck and narrow, girlieman
shoulders... I'd explain it's hardly worthwhile leasing an expensive
vehicle when you only put 4500 miles a year on it.

There is only valid one reason to lease a vehicle. That is if you can
write off the expenses to a business.

Not true.

Is true.

Nope.

well, there is the reason that you can drive a better car than you can
really afford to drive.- Hide quoted text -

Great, now your proving YOURSELF wrong!

HK HK is offline

basskisser wrote:
On Jun 10, 5:45 pm, "roto" wrote:
"basskisser" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jun 9, 11:51 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
JR North wrote:
Nice, cozy kitchenette. Even looks a little marine-ish. It really
needs
copper outlet and switch plates to finish it off.
JR
HK wrote:
Hey! Finally finished up my kitchenette/home office project.
Did all the work EXCEPT installing countertops and pulling three new
20-amp circuits from the breaker box to the dishwasher, disposal and
microwave.
Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.
I have one cabinet left over. Weird.
http://tinyurl.com/2rbk5h
http://tinyurl.com/36o3fv
I guess I could build a boat. :}
There's an idea.
And may not meet code. Most places now require a florescent light
fixture
for the main light.- Hide quoted text -
"most places"???? That's pure bull****.

The state of Kali requires them for at least 50% of all lighting in a
new/remodeled kitchen.- Hide quoted text -

But California isn't "most places".

Based upon the lack of knowledge he has exhibited here, I wouldn't hire
Bilious Bill to change a lightbulb.

On Jun 11, 12:35 pm, HK wrote:
basskisser wrote:

groups.com...

"HK" wrote in message
news:Yr2dnUMNo5zi1_bbnZ2dnUVZ_v7inZ2d@comcast. com...
HK wrote:
Hey! Finally finished up my kitchenette/home office project.
Did all the work EXCEPT installing countertops and pulling three new
20-amp circuits from the breaker box to the dishwasher, disposal and
microwave.
Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.
I have one cabinet left over. Weird.
http://tinyurl.com/2rbk5h
http://tinyurl.com/36o3fv
I guess I could build a boat. :}
There's an idea.
And may not meet code. Most places now require a florescent light
fixture
for the main light.- Hide quoted text -
"most places"???? That's pure bull****.
The state of Kali requires them for at least 50% of all lighting in a
new/remodeled kitchen.- Hide quoted text -

But California isn't "most places".

Based upon the lack of knowledge he has exhibited here, I wouldn't hire
Bilious Bill to change a lightbulb.- Hide quoted text -

Amen!

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 10, 9:42 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"JimH" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...

. ..

"Don White" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Is true. Otherwise you are just buying a vehicle with no down payment.
Go
for a 2 year old lease return and finance it via your credit union and
you
will end up with a lot more money in the bank at the end the deal.- Hide
quoted text -

Damn, that Calif Bill is dumb as a brick!

No major Outlay of Your Capital
No down payment required (except security deposit which is refundable
at lease termination).

Lower Monthly Payments
Payment is calculated on the difference between the vehicle's original
value and its expected value at the end of the lease term; benefit is
a lower monthly payment based on your driving needs.

Better Investment Opportunities
With no major cash outlay and lower monthly payments, you will have
more cash available to payoff other bills or for savings; frees up
line of credit for better applications.

More Vehicle for The Payment
Drive a more expensive vehicle than other financing alternatives
allow.

Selection Assistance
The Leasing Consultant can guide you through your selection process,
emphasizing vehicle type, resale values, and option availability, as
well as explaining the types and terms of leases available, all with
consideration to your driving and financial needs.

Payment Convenience
No need to arrange bank financing; also, as a full service leasing
company, we can offer you vehicle comparisons and quotes on many makes
and models. One stop shopping can save you a lot of time.

Efficient Vehicle Cycling
Leasing allows you to recycle your leased vehicle every two to four
years before expensive maintenance costs occur. Choose the term that
best reflects your anticipated use of the vehicle to maximize this
advantage.

Eliminate Used Vehicle Disposal
No need to determine the value or find a buyer; simply drop off the
car. Of course, the option to purchase is always available.

Inflation Fighter
You will determine your payment per month for the full term of your
lease. If you choose a lease with a "buy-back", you can buy the
vehicle at lease-end with inflated dollars.

Simplified Tax Records
Simple record keeping - no need to calculate annual depreciation and
monthly interest; its all in your monthly payment

The "positive" comments about vehicle leasing were obviously cut and pasted
from some site promoting vehicle leasing,

There are several "negatives" depending on a customers individual situation
and the lease agreement itself..

No, I'm not going to cite the negatives, I'll leave that research to you.

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:19:37 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .

You still seem to miss the point, Donny.

Not really...I'd just rather not participate in your 'alternate lifestyle'
fantasy.

The point, in other words, is quite valid, but you're too far in Harrie's
shorts to face it.

"John H." wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:19:37 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
. ..

You still seem to miss the point, Donny.

Not really...I'd just rather not participate in your 'alternate lifestyle'
fantasy.

The point, in other words, is quite valid, but you're too far in Harrie's
shorts to face it.

Oh no... back to the buttock fetish again! I thought you were working on a
cure for that.

Dan Dan is offline

Don White wrote:
"Dan" wrote in message
ink.net...
Now that you sized up Bill for some bizarre reason, what is your point?
When you refer to an expensive vehicle do you mean your Ranger? Been
sucking down too many Molson's tonight, Donnie?

Danny Boy...the pipes are calling...
Try to stay focused. Big Shot Bill is trashing my "el cheapo Ranger" An
expensive vehicle for me is one with a lease payment over $500.00 per month.
You'll have to ask Bill what he considers worthy.
No Molson but you've made me thirsty for a cold Labatt Blue.

"The pipes are calling"? Is that a Canadian term or something really
old people used to say - back in the day?

"Dan" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Don White wrote:
"Dan" wrote in message
ink.net...
Now that you sized up Bill for some bizarre reason, what is your point?
When you refer to an expensive vehicle do you mean your Ranger? Been
sucking down too many Molson's tonight, Donnie?

Danny Boy...the pipes are calling...
Try to stay focused. Big Shot Bill is trashing my "el cheapo Ranger"
An expensive vehicle for me is one with a lease payment over $500.00 per
month.
You'll have to ask Bill what he considers worthy.
No Molson but you've made me thirsty for a cold Labatt Blue.

"The pipes are calling"? Is that a Canadian term or something really old
people used to say - back in the day?

Irish...me son!
'Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying...............

"Dan" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"The pipes are calling"? Is that a Canadian term or something really old
people used to say - back in the day?

"really old people used to say"...???

If I was half as old as you act, I'd be shopping for a nice bed in a nursing
home.

HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
"Dan" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Don White wrote:
"Dan" wrote in message
ink.net...
Now that you sized up Bill for some bizarre reason, what is your point?
When you refer to an expensive vehicle do you mean your Ranger? Been
sucking down too many Molson's tonight, Donnie?
Danny Boy...the pipes are calling...
Try to stay focused. Big Shot Bill is trashing my "el cheapo Ranger"
An expensive vehicle for me is one with a lease payment over $500.00 per
month.
You'll have to ask Bill what he considers worthy.
No Molson but you've made me thirsty for a cold Labatt Blue.

"The pipes are calling"? Is that a Canadian term or something really old
people used to say - back in the day?

Irish...me son!
'Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying...............

So in addition to DumbDan's other attributes, we can add cultural
illiterate.